Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 6:59 pm

The other day, my brother (Shaun) and I bought a stereo system to put in my car, and some brake pads to fix the brakes. We bought a couple of cartons of alcohol, and headed down to my other brother's (Kai) place in the country to install everything and have a good time. They were installing everything and treating me like an absolute ret*d yet again, and ignoring me talking about how they will go out as if I'm just this f*****g tree who they don't want to come along. To be fair, though, Kai did notice how I was taking Shaun's treatment of me and got me involved a little to make me feel better. Later, after stewing for a while on all their teasing BS, my temper got the better of me and I walked off in a rage to calm down. They noticed and started acting like they'd done nothing at all, and asking why I was angry when they were installing everything and fixing the car up. Acting like they were doing me this huge favor, going on about how they 'bought those speakers for me' when in actuality, the money they spent on the speakers came off the monetary debt they both owe me. Not to mention, part of that money spent was on tools that Shaun will get to keep. In effect, buying himself tools with my money. Again, my temper got the better of me and I punched out one of my car windows, cutting my hand a fair bit. What's the big deal, it was my car anyway. But Shaun tried to bloody well force me to apologise because they were 'doing me a favor'! I stormed off, planning to walk to my mother's place 100km away. Along the way, I found a piece of glass and got stupid, stupid thoughts of killing myself. Not that I need to worry I'll ever follow it through. Instead, I just cut large gashes in my arm from the wrist to my shoulder. I went back to the house and called Kai to help me clean up my arm, and get me a jumper to hide the mess from Shaun. It'll be difficult to try and hide for the weeks it'll take to heal. Can't wear a jumper in summer. Kai freaked out but afaik has kept quiet. He'll speak to Mum though, I know he will, which I DON'T want. The last thing I want is them all to start damn well asking me stupid questions like "why do you want to kill yourself" or "I love you" or "promise you won't kill yourself", which happened before and was absolutely terrible. They'll probably never take me out again, screw them. It's so screwed! Like that time we went out, Shaun went aggro at Kai and tried to smash him but ended up smashing both Kai and me. They picked a fight with this guy in a bar who hit me, who was just standing there trying to calm things down, and put my tooth through my chin. Yet when I go aggro, Shaun talks about how I'm just f****d, "let him walk, f**k him". One rule for them, another rule for me. It's all f****d up! It just isn't fair. I don't know whether I should tell them to f**k off and never want to see them again, which would be hard cause they're obviously my brothers, or keep trying to deal with their BS just because they're the only people I ever really know or see. It's too fuckoff hard.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 7:07 pm

peace.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

jman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 7:39 pm

Danlo did you ever sit your brothers down and tell them how you feel when they mistreat and/or act stupid?

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

11 Feb 2006, 9:24 pm

When i get that angery all i do is go some where and try to reframe from leting it out at all and eventually a few tears will come out. Or you could punch him or something im proberally not helping i'm not good with this but anger if good, just dont kill your self i love you to much for you to do that your not a girl are you 'cause that would just be weird on my behalf.
One more time to escape from all this madness
One more time to be set free from all this sadness
And one last time to be the one who understands
My soul and my spirit will go on, for all of eternity
i just love this song to much (Dragonforce, My Spirit Will Go On)

PoSt-pOsT-aNtE
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2006, 9:23 am

I'm concerned about your mental health, danlo. Please look after yourself, okay? Life is very hard. All these forums are useful if you need some people to talk to about your feelings:

http://www.depressionforums.org
http://www.wingofmadness.com/forums
http://www.walkers.org/
http://www.mixednuts.net/forum.html
http://www.trappedforums.com

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 11:18 am

I've tried punching them, Laura. It's definately better to punch something like a window or walk rather than hit people, though. I'm not a girl, so you're safe there ;)
Jman, Ante, talking to people is overrated. Talking about feelings even more so. Best to just sweep everything under the rug until next time. Already, we've gone back to being cheerful. Stuff like this has been a common occurence for many years. I don't know why I brought it up earlier this morning. We'll soon forget anything ever happened. I don't know what I was thinking when it happened, or when I posted here, but thanks everyone for responding. Even your one-worder, Neuroman.
Peace. :D

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 11:28 pm

danlo wrote:
talking to people is overrated. Talking about feelings even more so. Best to just sweep everything under the rug until next time. Already, we've gone back to being cheerful. Stuff like this has been a common occurence for many years. I don't know why I brought it up earlier this morning. We'll soon forget anything ever happened.

I'm not sure...Most of my problems in family come from my parents, inadvertently. As I believe it is with your brothers. They won't honestly know that what they're doing is wrong. You need to tell them that their behaviour toward you is hurtful. Many times I explained such to my parents that didn't even know, but it did help.

GA

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 11:34 pm

I now know for sure that I feel empathy. :(