Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 3:28 pm

I misplace things sometimes like keys. The other day I forgot to put back a key at work. I left a portable coffee cup on the bus. I kind feel like when people see some of these absent-minded traits along with other aspergers traits they automatically brand me as stupid. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist next week to see if I'm co morbid with ADD.

Ladarzak
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2010, 3:41 pm

Because we're absent minded or easily distracted, some of us come to depend on rigid habits or writing things down (for different kinds of things.) I know what you mean -- I hate wasting time looking for stuff!

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 3:55 pm

You might want to look up "executive dysfunction" and ask the psych about that, too -- there's a known association with ASD's.

robinhood
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2010, 3:56 pm

I have zero short-term memory :lol:

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 4:11 pm

It doesn't really effect my academic life in the end. I got all A's last semester, albeit I have some trouble along the way. Most things at work I do very well. My personal life, cleaning skills, keeping track of things, seeing tasks through till the end, relationship with wife, and extracurricular ambitions probably could use the most improvement.