Are people mean/rude to you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 11:00 pm

Obviously I don't have to repeat some of the harsh things family has said to me but I was amazed that some people are OMG NICE! Take the whole "College issue" I made a topic last month about going to the campus and having a meltdown and the job coach was nice and said are you ok etc. Well Friday she said she had to go to the college are you going to be ok I said yes. (I glanced down playing my Ipod in the parking lot while her and the other guy went inside) Then when she came out she was like are you ok? I said yes. but just WOW! She was so nice and respectful of me being upset. I wish my family were more accepting of my meltdowns/being upset over stuff. I'm sure they don't mean to be rude etc. but my family compared to my job coach/a coworker/my psychology teacher they are so different in behavior! It's just WOW! If my family could take a cue from some other people in my life (be more understanding/caring/compassionate I think things would be alot better for me psychologically speaking. :-)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 1:02 am

Your family is the ones with problems. This job coach was so nice to you. It's good you are moving forward in life.

Luckily my family was good to me but sometimes they get mad at me and not care. My husband cares about me a whole lot and doesn't get mad often. He has lot of patience. That's why he can put up with me and he helps me out.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 1:03 am

I had to quit my job today, because of a rude supervisor. I was walking around the parking lots, picking up garbage, as fast as I possibly could. She wanted me to work faster. We all had from 6 until 8, to get our sections done. Everybody, including myself have been finished by 7:30, for the past three months. That wasn't good enough for her. She expected me to be done, at the exact same time, as everybody else. I wouldn't mind, if I don't have to see another picker upper for as long as I live.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 12:00 pm

Oh all the doctors I have had or have are all mean to me. I don't know why. Even my dog's vets are mean to me. I don't understand how doctors or nurses even can be so mean and rude to patients. Dogs can't speak to let the doctors know where it hurts, but the owners are the voices. To have a vet be so rude is hurtful. Members of dad's family are also rude to me. I can just tell by their voice when I talk on the phone to them. They want to cut off conversation all the time. It's really sad when your own loved ones treat you like crap. There are things that dad's family have done that I would NEVER in my life do.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

qiuqiu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2010, 10:00 pm

they're not really mean but they give me weird look if i just smile when i pass them in the hallway instead of saying 'good morning'

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 10:16 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Your family is the ones with problems. This job coach was so nice to you. It's good you are moving forward in life.

I agree.

Going by what you've written, it does sound like they get upset over the tiniest things. You could say something like, "That pizza was delicious. We should order from that restaurant more often," and your sister would probably get on your case for being rude, and your father would say you were being selfish.

I just picked that example out of the blue, to illustrate that they seem to get angry at you for nothing and act like you did something bad.

It's nice to hear about the job coach.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 6:30 am

It is nice to hear about nice peoples.

There are people in my life that are mean to me sometimes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 6:46 am

here is some bad rhyming prose,
to illuminate things a bit:
take the bloom off their paper rose
show 'em you refuse to quit

switch around the words and get-
"are mean people rude to you?"
doncha know, babe? it's no sweat-
just ignore those you-know-who's.

steer clear of the mean ones
they won't profit you a whit
snub all meanies under the sun
just stop taking their sh!t!

anybody on this forum
with a keen ear for words
and keener eye for decorum
sees this one is for the birds!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 6:53 am

no they do not say mean things. people do not like me but i do not need them to like me.
they do not dislike me either.
they start off being friendly to me, but i have no net reaction to them so they just fade back into indifference.