Parents aren't letting me eat in my room anymore. :-(

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 5:13 pm

DARN IT! They say they are tired of the mess. :-( So I've chosen NOT to eat right now. :-( They said I could eat in the living room but I don't want to!! !! !! :-( So I've chosen NOT to eat!

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2010, 5:32 pm

Let me guess, they want you to become more social?

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 5:38 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
DARN IT! They say they are tired of the mess. :-( So I've chosen NOT to eat right now. :-( They said I could eat in the living room but I don't want to!! !! !! :-( So I've chosen NOT to eat!

Well, if you don't tidy up the plates etc, then you are leaving youself wide open to a rodent problem.

I think eat for a while in the sitting room and prove you can clear up after yourself, then ask in about a month's time whether you can eat in your room again. This time be really careful to tidy up each day.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

I've never really been allowed to eat in my room. When I was younger, I'd sometimes ask a parent to bring up a drink before i went to bed. I've taken candy, bars stuff like that up, and disposed of wrappers properly, but aside from someone being bed-ridden, none of use have eaten a full meal upstairs. I must say, the three of us eating KFC dinner in my mother's bedroom was quite strange.

But they do not have me

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

20 Mar 2010, 7:05 pm

Haha. Nope - Never had a problem with that... my bedroom is the in the kitchen, so I have the problem with EVERYBODY eating in my room.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 8:15 pm

Forgive me if what I'm saying lacks compassion, but do you think you may be over reacting? I mean, it's not like your parents are forcing you too eat at a dining room table which you must be excused from in order to leave. I mean if eating in your living room is actually worse than not eating at all then your plan would make sense.

If your set on this plan though, be sure you drink stuff high in energy, or your body may break down muscle for energy, which you probably don't want. Coincidently I tried doing this same thing but for different reasons. A flaw in my plan was keeping quiet about it :? that was a mistake on my part. I managed to go just over 4 days ( just less than 100 hours) without eating with little trouble, but looking back it wasn't a great idea. Anyway, good luck.

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 8:32 pm

Excuse me but, you are acting like a 5 year old having a temper tantrum. At your age your lucky to have them let you live at home.
Jezz, so you have asperger's big deal. If you don't leave your room you won't learn to grow and adapt. So, where will you be in 5 years?

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 8:47 pm

My parents never let me eat in my room, when I was growing up. I had to eat at the table, with everybody else. I hated it. You're lucky that you got to eat in your room.

Giancarlo
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2010, 12:19 am

I've been eating in my room for about a year now, if you are not willing to take responsibility for the dirty dishes you are basically saying to them "I'm gonna do whatever I want whether you like it or not". Answer: Take care of the mess.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 4:20 am

I got a middleground solution.......eat outside or eat in the garage!! ! :P

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 4:34 am

What's the problem you have with eating with other people? Is it social, or to do with the noise or that you don't like people to see you eat? Ok I'll admit, for me it is all three. There must be some arrangement you can come to, like politely requesting that you be left alone in the lounge/dining room or something like that. That's how we solved that one in my house. I got banned from taking stuff to my room after mum found a yoghurt pot under my bed growing a small civilization... I'd been off lactose for over 2 months... it had been there that long... Don't really blame her!