Envying other WP members.

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Do you envy any other WP members?
yes 48%  48%  [ 26 ]
no 52%  52%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 54

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

05 Jul 2010, 1:04 am

I honesly feel envy towards a lot of other members on this site. I envy some of the frequent posters in PPS because they seem so much smarter than me. I feel like one of the stupidest people here.

I also envy any male members here who have ever been on a date that wasn't a disaster. I almost had a date once. She never showed up. I haven't had much meaningful social interaction with the female gender in my life at all. Most of it has been bad or awkward and embarrasing.

Finally I envy any member who got through high school without getting something kinda like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Sometimes I think I might have that.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


hutchscott
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 31 May 2010
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 268
Location: Washington State, USA

05 Jul 2010, 1:14 am

Take solace in youth. I'm about to turn 41 and I'm envious of you.

I haven't figured out these emoticon things or else I would include a yellow dot with some clever graphic to illustrate encouragement.



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

05 Jul 2010, 1:24 am

I admit to being envious of other WP members myself. I'm envious of the females who are prettier than me, especially ones who get hit on by the male members. I'm also envious of the people whose artistic talents far surpass my own, of which there seem to be many in the Art, Music & Writing Forum.



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

05 Jul 2010, 1:28 am

hutchscott wrote:
Take solace in youth. I'm about to turn 41 and I'm envious of you.

I haven't figured out these emoticon things or else I would include a yellow dot with some clever graphic to illustrate encouragement.

Thanks man. it feels pretty meaningful talking to a much older aspie male. I'm glad I'm still a strapping young laddie and have learned as much as I have at such a young age. I've still got a lot ahead of me. I hope everything turns out okay for me.

This has made me feel better. Also, don't worry about the emoticon thing sir.

Quote:
I admit to being envious of other WP members myself. I'm envious of the females who are prettier than me, especially ones who get hit on by the male members.

:( awwwww Don't feel too bad. I still like you as a member.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 745
Location: Ontario Canada

05 Jul 2010, 1:40 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I honesly feel envy towards a lot of other members on this site. I envy some of the frequent posters in PPS because they seem so much smarter than me. I feel like one of the stupidest people here.


I used to feel like that everyday of my life in general. I thought I was stupidest most worthless person in existence. Until I learned what it truly is to be a stupid person. You see real stupid people are completely ignorant of other people. They are the people who commit horrible crimes and kill people. They are the people who force they're beliefs onto others and they believe that they are intelligent. The fact that you have acknowledged your intellectual disadvantage as a human only proves that you are extremely intelligent. Even if you never maintain or gain the same kind of skill level as other people, you are still extremely bright in your own way and you defiantly have the abilities to form strong thoughts and opinions that world benefit the rest of mankind. Only stupid people will be truly ignorant of your true abilities.



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

05 Jul 2010, 1:58 am

Angel_ryan wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I honesly feel envy towards a lot of other members on this site. I envy some of the frequent posters in PPS because they seem so much smarter than me. I feel like one of the stupidest people here.


I used to feel like that everyday of my life in general. I thought I was stupidest most worthless person in existence. Until I learned what it truly is to be a stupid person. You see real stupid people are completely ignorant of other people. They are the people who commit horrible crimes and kill people. They are the people who force they're beliefs onto others and they believe that they are intelligent. The fact that you have acknowledged your intellectual disadvantage as a human only proves that you are extremely intelligent. Even if you never maintain or gain the same kind of skill level as other people, you are still extremely bright in your own way and you defiantly have the abilities to form strong thoughts and opinions that world benefit the rest of mankind. Only stupid people will be truly ignorant of your true abilities.


I love the way you think Angel_ryan. You seem like a very smart person. I am liking this thread.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

05 Jul 2010, 2:01 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Quote:
I admit to being envious of other WP members myself. I'm envious of the females who are prettier than me, especially ones who get hit on by the male members.

:( awwwww Don't feel too bad. I still like you as a member.


Thanks DarthMetaKnight. That makes me feel better. I like you as a member too. :)



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

05 Jul 2010, 2:04 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Thanks DarthMetaKnight. That makes me feel better. I like you as a member too. :)


:D :D :D


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,398

05 Jul 2010, 2:07 am

Edit: Yes, to a degree.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,018

05 Jul 2010, 3:20 am

Not really. I don't compare myself to other people. It's counter productive.



SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,387
Location: Canada

05 Jul 2010, 3:26 am

I'm definitely envious of the members here. So many seem to have much more going on in their lives that I do in mine. I also sometimes feel like everybody else on here is such good friends and I'm just intruding.

I'm trying to stop comparing myself to others though, because it's not helpful.


_________________
My dream is to one day know what my dream is.
~Michael Novotny


zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,033

05 Jul 2010, 3:33 am

I wish my brain worked better and that I could find work which didnt stress me out into a breakdown. I also wish I had friends that werent online. I envy those who dont struggle with their relationships.


_________________
"Caravan is the name of my history, and my life an extraordinary adventure."
~ Amin Maalouf

Taking a break.


scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 764
Location: cornwall uk

05 Jul 2010, 3:33 am

heres a question.. Those who feel envy what do you do with it?
use it as motivation to get better in the respective field or do you let it eat you up?

envy doesnt realy have a point unless you use it to motivate.


_________________
existence is your only oblitgation
Quietly fighting for the greater good.


b9
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,003
Location: australia

05 Jul 2010, 4:31 am

my childhood psychiatrist said that i was emotionally retarded, and that i had only the most basic of emotions.
some of the many emotions that i have little or no capacity for are -
"pride" and it's opposite: "shame", "envy" and it's opposite: "admiration", "lonliness" and it's opposite "togetherness" etc.
i do not feel embarrassment or humiliation and i do not feel "dramatic" (a sense of justification in amplified social displays of attitude).

i do not envy anyone because i am static and complacent in whatever existence i live within.
as long as i am not hungry or cold or uncomfortable or without my "toys", i am content.

the rest of the world's tribulations or jubilations may as well be happening in a different galaxy in my view (most of the time).

there are better people than me on this forum just as there are everywhere in the world.

as far as i can determine, envy never ends.
would the second smartest person on earth envy the smartest person?
would the smartest person feel humiliation if an extraterrestrial came to earth and had a chat with him on live TV?

do rhino's envy elephants? do greyhounds envy quarterhorses?

everything has it's place and i am in my place no matter whether there are better or lesser people than me.



Last edited by b9 on 05 Jul 2010, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,732
Location: Bradenton, Florida

05 Jul 2010, 4:32 am

I envy people here who have jobs or at least get disability. I myself don't know if I want to go for disability right now especially since I am qualified, capable, and very happy to use my talents in machining.


_________________
"Some ideals are worth dying for"
==tOGoWPO==


Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,520
Location: Hiding in the attic of the Arkham Library

05 Jul 2010, 6:51 am

Ah yes, I am quite enviable. My almost superhuman abilities, my handsome good looks, my quick wit ...

It's a burden being this outstanding, but I carry it well.


_________________
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow. I feel my fate in what I cannot fear. I learn by going where I have to go. ~Theodore Roethke