Happy birthday to me ;(((((((((((((((((............

Page 4 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:10 am

Its a shame though because people happily give to help someone out but there are so many scammers out there that the majority of the population is put off that sort of thing. I think you should contact the paper for this, people love that stuff and you'd be surprised how many would help. You may need to get your GFs permission if you use pics etc

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:14 am

http://www.ehow.com/how_4687431_set-web ... nline.html

That's a link to how to make a website for donations. I've never heard of any legal issues with asking for donations as long as you're not lying about what you're doing. Set it up and be persistent about it; try here (I suspect no one would be heartless enough to remove it, though of course it's possible), try Facebook (both your personal page and perhaps a new group for it), try any other social networking sites you use (Twitter, whatever). Look in your local newspaper to see who seems to cover human interest stories and contact them to see if perhaps they'd be interested/willing to help. The worst that can happen is people say no.

I hope it goes well for both of you.

Three years!

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

hale_bopp wrote:
You may need to get your GFs permission if you use pics etc

Oh, that's a big one. Pictures (I saw a few you posted in the women's discussion, including one where you were together) will really help appeal to people, but you do need her permission.

Three years!

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:27 am

RainSong wrote:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4687431_set-website-receive-donations-online.html

That's a link to how to make a website for donations. I've never heard of any legal issues with asking for donations as long as you're not lying about what you're doing. Set it up and be persistent about it; try here (I suspect no one would be heartless enough to remove it, though of course it's possible), try Facebook (both your personal page and perhaps a new group for it), try any other social networking sites you use (Twitter, whatever). Look in your local newspaper to see who seems to cover human interest stories and contact them to see if perhaps they'd be interested/willing to help. The worst that can happen is people say no.

I hope it goes well for both of you.
Thanks for the link.
& oh, i just thought it might be illegal for the same reason it is in the streets maybe.
But come to think of it, i've seen a number of donation sites...

& i guess i could try here and on myspace :?

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:42 am

question about Paypal:

what account-type is recommended?

Personal? Premiere? or Business?
or does it even matter :?

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:52 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! !! !! ! how old are you?

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 2:29 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
That sucks. I would suggest people make a pool to put in money, I would donate $20 towards a plane ticket and im sure others would but I don't think thats a very good idea as i'm not others.

I hope everything is ok. Really the most you can do is be supportive. Im not going to say happy birthday because it isn't one, I don't think the birthday is important really, and i'm sure its not the main thing you're thinking about.

There really isn't anything more you can do. Have you thought of making a nice video of yourself for her? You can make her a card or something too.
definitely going to send some cards at least. Would like to send some nice flowers too, but they're out of my price range. If i had a camcorder i might make a nice video too. But my resources are very limited :( ...
i feel so helpless & useless right now....
& every time i talk to her, she seems to be feeling worse, & i just keep trying to stay strong for her, but it's hard...and I just really want to go see her :cry:

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 2:56 pm

Kat15 wrote:

Goodness, Kat. Read the thread before posting.

Anyway, Seanmw, my grandfather died of a brain tumor. I assume your girlfriend got detected early so that's good.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:16 pm

What a horrible birthday!! 8O

hope you're mistaken about the cancer.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 6:07 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

Anyway, Seanmw, my grandfather died of a brain tumor. I assume your girlfriend got detected early so that's good.
Some of mine died of cancer too.
Like my Grandma died of Pacreatic Cancer
& my grandpa died of throat cancer
& my other grandma recently got breast cancer, but she seems to be recovering well & she's been on chemotherapy...

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 6:23 pm

I am sorry, Seanmw.
I sincerely hope everything turns out fine and things go well.
I know this must be hard for you and your girlfriend.
Best wishes to you two. *Hug*

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:59 am

Ferdinand wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGMOGMOMGOMGOMGOMGOM UGHHHHHHHHH UGHH. what? I was saying happy birthday! EVERYTHING I DO ON HERE IS WRONG. I DONT GET IT.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:01 pm

Kat15 wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGMOGMOMGOMGOMGOMGOM UGHHHHHHHHH UGHH. what? I was saying happy birthday! EVERYTHING I DO ON HERE IS WRONG. I DONT GET IT.

:roll: Calm....
Sean is having a problem that is more significant to the thread than his birthday.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:20 pm

UPDATE:

Awwwhz, her aunt's dog just died of cancer ://....
she's pretty upset over it.
Also her friend Josh has lung cancer & he's decided to just let himself die. He doesn't want to go through chemo or anything, so she's also pretty sad about that, and it makes her anxious about her own cancer :( .

& her appetite has really decreased, me & her family have been trying to get her to eat more.
Her headaches caused by the tumor are still bad and prolly only going to get worse.
& they haven't been able to schedule the surgery yet, so i'm pretty worried for her :cry:

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:22 pm

Seanmw wrote:
UPDATE:

Awwwhz, her aunt's dog just died of cancer ://....
she's pretty upset over it.
Also her friend Josh has lung cancer & he's decided to just let himself die. He doesn't want to go through chemo or anything, so she's also pretty sad about that, and it makes her anxious about her own cancer :( .

& her appetite has really decreased, me & her family have been trying to get her to eat more.
Her headaches caused by the tumor are still bad and prolly only going to get worse.
& they haven't been able to schedule the surgery yet, so i'm pretty worried for her :cry:

awwww poor puppy!

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:45 pm

Kat15 wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Kat15 wrote:

Why don't you learn to read? Then maybe you will get it.