Blue Jay

13 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

Way to resurrect a four year old thread :roll:

Darklinggirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2010, 2:18 pm

Whoah this is one topic I could compete in the Olympics at. :(

I was diagnosed Aspie at age 11. I cant remember it having an effect on my mood, but by 15 I was on Valium (xanax) for depression/anxiety. I was depressed again by my mid twenties, trying different antideps, imipramine, fluoxetine, and just recently I had a major meltdown. Basically my mom died, i had a nasty op for a bone tumour, I was sexually assaulted, blah blah, i wont give you a sob story, but i was doing ok for 10 yrs up until then.
Ok there were little aspie hissy fits and duvet days when the world has ended and you feel everything is closing in, but there is a difference, and in your heart you can tell it. Ive learnt this by embracing my aspergers, living with it, not suffering from it, learning all about it, and then, when I feel depressed as whale poop I can tell the difference. And as a result my physician trusts me. And you have to be assertive with them, difficult for some Aspies I know, dont go crazy at me for saying that!! ! A few people have said that physicians just dont know what AS is really, and they dont.... and it is subjective anyway..... we have an umbrella which we are all under, but we are still all very different.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 3:33 pm

Hah.. didn't notice the age of the OP.