Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 4:58 pm

Why do people with aspergers have to suffer such a sad life? I know someone from the church choir who passed away 2 years ago. She was 35, married, had 2 daughters, 2 master degrees, tons of friends and a loving family. Me? Well I have nothing she had. I am lonely. No friends at all. I watch my co workers talk amongst each other and wish I can communicate like they can. I try so hard but get made fun of. I just want to be more social. I just get hurt all the time. I want to go home. :cry:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 5:54 pm

All I can do is give you a hug! ((luvsterriers)) But I have to tell you it is pointless to compare yourself to other people. There may have been a time when even she had these same thoughts, even though she doesn't have AS. I'm sorry she is no longer with you.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:50 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Why do people with aspergers have to suffer such a sad life? I know someone from the church choir who passed away 2 years ago. She was 35, married, had 2 daughters, 2 master degrees, tons of friends and a loving family. Me? Well I have nothing she had. I am lonely. No friends at all. I watch my co workers talk amongst each other and wish I can communicate like they can. I try so hard but get made fun of. I just want to be more social. I just get hurt all the time. I want to go home. :cry:

I know you feel bad, but look at it this way; she had all those things to live for and they were snatched away from her at a very young age. At least you are alive and there is still hope, so don't spend your time feeling jealous of a dead person.