Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Audie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

how many people are depressed? i know depression is a big problem on this so i just to know how many are depressed and how do you deal with it. right now i'm depressed and there seems to not be much that makes me happy. so how do you cope?

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm

I am very depressed, have been for some time. I am on antidepressants and I'm receiving counseling but I have lost hope that I'll ever be happy because I think I will likely be alone the rest of my life. I'm trying to find a way to cope with that. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of answers.

:(

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Audie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm

ok meow 101 thanks for posting

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2010, 12:08 am

I am having a lot of anxiety right now, which causes me depression as well. Ah, what fun.

Normally, when the depression gets to bad, I get mad at myself for being depressed for so long. So sometimes I will put on my favorite articles of clothing, preferably my big comfy wool coat, and go for a walk and try to think of how to get over this depression. Sometimes just walking around makes me feel a bit better, or it gives me an idea for an animation project for me to obsess over.

Or I watch Dr. Who, which is one of my major interests. However this can lead to a whole other bout of depression if I am not careful... I so wish Dr. Who would take me away to adventure.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Sep 2010, 12:53 pm

i hope all you depressed people feel better, i havent been depressed in a long time thank god :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 5:39 pm

I'm depressed and I'm on antidepressants.

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2010, 6:47 pm

I'm depressed and on a high dosage of antidepressants, they do nothing besides block any emotions. I'm getting physical pain from being depressed now, including headaches.

Audie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Sep 2010, 3:47 pm

oh ok, well thank you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 2:12 pm

I am very depressed. I hate my f*****g life. My family are all NTs and have their f*****g little NT friends to go out with and go to their little parties, and there's me stuck at home in my bedroom all because I have this f*****g sh***y disability called ASPERGERS SYNDROME - I'll rather eat vomit than have this f*****g nasty disability.

Sorry, I in the middle of a meltdown when I wrote that. The only thing what causes me to have meltdowns is if I think too deeply about being the only AS-sufferer in the family.
Well - what is the point in being alive if you can't be social? Humans are social creatures, so what's the point when you haven't got the social instinct? It'd be like being a pig who find it difficult to roll in mud or oink. Or being a rabbit what find it difficult to eat carrots and hop about. You get the idea.

Last edited by Joe90 on 04 Nov 2010, 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 2:58 pm

*raises hand* i'm still alive but i'm not sure how i'm actually coping

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 3:00 pm

The only way of ending Aspie depression, social awkwardness and loneliness is suicide.

You would put a dog down if it is suffering and nothing can be done for it, so........

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 3:19 pm

Depression, stress, tension, anxiety, morbid hypertension, alienation, circulatory troubles and now apparently some kind of food allergy ...

I find myself continually working at trying to keep my mind occupied and focused and/or focused and occupied within some kind of tolerable-for-at-least-this-moment reality.

I have a bottle of Citalopram available from a prescription a doctor gave me last week, but I do hope to hold out and keep moving along somehow without ever taking any ... and yet I do not in any way criticize others who do.

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2010, 3:51 pm

I'm generally OK (not happy, but not really sad either) if I don't let myself think about things for very long. If I let myself idle for too long, I start to get really lonely. So I fill my time however I can....if my work at the time is particularly interesting I'll voluntarily put in 70-80 hours a week so that I have something to do at home, and then when I get burned out on that I'll play games, or read, or do some time intensive personal project (lately been thinking about re-ripping all my 300+ CDs again into .aac format, for example.)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 4:30 pm

To help keep my mind off my life I write stories in notepads, and I write them as a series, so when my first notepad was full of these stories I brought another notepad and classed it as the ''second series'', and so on. Don't say I'm sad. please - it's not a sad thing, it's actually an intelligent thing, and my family support worker says it's good for my mind to do that. And in any case, I don't think it's very sad.

My stories have the same people in them (a bit like TV soaps), and I usually express what I'm worrying about in these stories, only my worries are their worries (because I don't exist in the stories). Say for example I am worrying about my dad loosing his job, I'll express that worry in the stories by making one of the characters loose their jobs. Although it doesn't solve the worry, it's still better for me to express it that way than to throw panic attacks about it and getting myself in a worse state.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 5:27 pm

:o I also feel like Audie, Meow101 and Joe90. Everything I do now nothing makes me happy. I go to the cinema, go out with my mother and I still fell bad. I feel so lost and don´t know what exactly I should do. I have a feel projects I want to do like go back to the university but right now I think I´m not in condition to do that. I keep following my routine thinking that one day I will get better. I also had the feeling that I would not get better but I think that this feeling is fadding away now.

I did many things to cope with the disability. Sometimes I felt that I was in a prison because the things I could do were so limited. I remember that at first I started to watch Stargate: Atlantis the whole show. I thought that in the future when society evolved more like in the series I could live better than what I live now.mmm Then I watched Stargate: SG-1 the whole show. I started again my comic book colection. At that time I also learned everything I could about New Wave of British Heavy Metal. I stopped watching Stargate SG-1 and started watching The Universe on The History Channel. Then I watched a series of lectures on youtube recorded at californian universities called "University of California Television". A few days ago I stopped watching the lectures, I guess that I learned everything I could from lectures about themes like "dark matter". Then I started watching an online course at MITopencourseware about physics and I´m happy that I´m learning something. Friday I´m going to the university try to find the book that is in the course bibliography. :)