Going to hospital (Warning: crazy talk)

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

emc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jul 2006, 6:45 am

Amazing the government is finally putting ASD support info on their websites. This is from NSW Health.

http://www.ncahs.nsw.gov.au/support/ind ... siteid=189

Far North Coast Centre for Autism

Hastings Heavenly Hands - Aspergers Support Group
Shop 2/83 The Parade, Nth Haven.
Support group for families affected by Aspergers Disorder, ADHD or challenging behaviour.
Youth development program for 7- 19yrs to build confidence, self esteem and teach social skills.
Mon – Fri, 10am – 6pm
[email protected] p>

The Far North Coast Centre for Autism
Based in Alstonville this service assists families from as far afield as Coffs Harbour. They offer a comprehensive and really useful resource library, and run Early Intervention programs for children and also the 'Someone To Turn To' program which links parents to other parents.

They also have twice yearly "behaviour intervention workshops" and diagnostic assessment services.
Their office is at 1/106 Main Street, Alstonville Phone (02) 6628 3660

This service is a branch of ASPECT NSW (Autism Spectrum Australia). You can visit their website to find out more about the servcies they offer.

Parents of Autistic Spectrum Support (PASS) group
P.A.S.S is a group open to everyone looking for support with Autistic Spectrum and meets the first Tuesday of every month in Lismore
Venue: The Lismore Workers Club Two meetings on the same day, at 10.30 am and at 6.30 pm For more Information call Susan : (02) 6622 3953

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 6:37 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you emc for looking up that info :P.

Must make calls and send emails tomorrow.

Halle-friggin'-lujah I'm still alive 8O

emc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2006, 7:25 pm

No worries mate,

My only other tip, if you have to see many different professional people, I found it good if I typed up stuff on the computer, and took that in. The people I saw - found it helpful too, it made their job easier.

Best wishes

Em

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2006, 12:22 pm

Sometimes when I extremely ticked off, I feel like I want to go to the hospital.

You got to know that life is a wonderful thing. Even sometimes we all don't think so.

It's like a land of confussion. No one understands us but us.

I'm so glad that I've discovered and joined this group.

Finally, If I have a problem with a subject so little, I can ask help from you guys and not worrying about bugging my parents.

Well anyway, back to how life can be good. Do or watch something that you enjoy and relax. Forget about your troubles for that time being and pretend that It never happened.

Another thing is talk to a good friend of yours and have a plesent confersation about something.

Life can be Hell at times, and it can be Heven.

If we turn more to the good parts about life and not so much so the bad parts of life. Life can become more enjoyable. ;)

Issues
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2006, 4:06 am

I may be chiming in a bit late here, but given a diagnosis for at least depression you can check yourself in to most mental hospitals or psych wards voluntarily. (and as such leave voluntarily when you're ready)

It was once suggested that I do so, but I refused. I've always been profoundly stubborn, and I tend to want to solve my problems by myself. Thankfully I use art as an outlet. It seems the more down I am the better my art is.

If it's not too late, please consider a more logical option.