a comic flamer what do i say to get him to leave me alone

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 4:27 am

ok there is some imature child of a flamer trying to tear me down and all i did was post a link to my comic.
sure the comic isn't the newest thing i've made but if you read my easily discoraged forum you'll know why i don't have much else to go around.
for those that haven't the reason is the lack of comments or even critic on devaint art has made me feel that my art is crap so i haven't been drawing at all, hence no new comics.
oh here is the "conversation" we are having.

well it's jetfox from the last drunk duck site the maker of lights out and the war 1&2 for those of you that were here, i'm personally hoping you forgot me it makes it easier on me.
any way this is my comic http://www.drunkduck.com/sonic_adventur ... s/?p=64406 it's drawn not sprited this time so now you know i can draw. this comic was made at least 2 years ago or something so it's not that great in the looks department but at least it's decent.
i started it because i couldn't find much comics with sa2 bloopers so i started one.
if the poses look stiff or otherwise remember this is an old comic i wasn't to good in that department and i'm still learning.
and i'm not to good at humor so if anything is cliche i am so sorry but i can't help it.
edit: wrong link.

oh and if the link works you can check out my comic if you want. anyway back to the "conversation".

jetfox wrote:
hey guys i can't draw for s**t and i'm not good at humor but i made a comic so here check it out

and this guy claims through quote that i said that. i mean aren't quotes soppose to be the exact words that someone says. anyway back to the "conversation".

ok i read what i wrote and i sure as heck didn't say s**t even once and before you start making remarks like that i suggest you take at least one look at the comic first.
and didn't i say this comic was made 2 freaking years ago so of course i wasn't no proffesional.
i also suggest that you read better next time.

whaaa whaaa I'm a big f*****g baby

this comic is sh***y and was made a long time ago but I'll post it anyway rather than making a new one

ok first off this guy just broke a rule, no swearing. ok i'll level i said one too but it was mainly because i didn't know how to word it. and did i sound even the least bit babyish all i was doing was explaining to him the reason that my comic isn't perfect and told him to at least look at it but obviously that was to complicated for such a simple mind.
anyway back to the "conversation".

give it a rest with the fake quotes already.
and i posted this comic as a test to see how people would react to it because the last time i had a comic on here i got nothing but complaints and bitching so no crap i'm going to do the same to you, you don't deserve my kindness yet.
now did you actually look at the comic before you say it's crap or are you that lazy?
and as for new comics, not untill someone actually disides that they aren't going to bs and take a good look at the comic before acting like you are now.
so here is my advice look at the comic then if you still don't like it then come back and say something that has some intilegence.

ok now you know the fight what do i do about him besides stoop to his level and start making childish remarks because i'm logical and that isn't logical to me.
and i think by now after reading some of my posts you know that i can be somewhat pessimistic at times but i haven't gotten anyone mad or at least i hope not i finally found one place on the net that i am comfortable and can speak my mind without people like this trying to drag me down. oh and i'm no stranger to this kind of treatment on drunk duck cause i got bitched at, on the site they had before this one believe me i'll never forget that.
but i've recently been thinking of drawing again and i want to get rid of this guy before i lose that drive to actually start drawing again.

please help i got no one else to turn to.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 5:50 am

1) Report him to the moderator, that maybe the end of it
2) Tell him to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE :x
see also: http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... ic&t=15019
3) If all else fails, send some of your big brothers to talk to him, but only after you've tried to resolve this on your own. I'll be glad to have a talk with the young man.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 10:39 am

Some people need to say hurtful things to others in order to feel good. It is sure no fun to be on the receiving end. Try not to let that person make you feel bad.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 11:52 am

those are great suggestions but unfortunately i don't know the moderators or i would. yelling would feel great but i gave up just now cause several others came in one had the nerve to correct my english. another said basicly anything you've drawn just 2 years ago and all uncolored comics are absolute crap i know that is wrong some of the best comics that have found are uncolored.
and the last one basicly said i can't draw for s**t and he said i can't do humor well i agree with the second one i was never good at comady i'm better with something serious.
and just to hopeful find out if i am truely a bad drawer as they think i am and to settle this once and for all can i post a pic here i'm afraid of going anwhere else and posting stuff and from just reading alot of forums people over here are nice and honest well to me.
this is my last straw i'll quit drawing permantly if i get one more flame or no responce.
oh and don't ever post anything on drunk duck because everyone on that site expects everything to be perfect.
oh and about the big brother comment which sounds good and i would go with it if i had an older brother but i don't.
and lae i agree maybe all those people down there have big egos and have to be that way to feel good. i guess they figure that steping on people that have be wounded before is fun. it's like shooting a person who can't defend themself or is already been shot.
i've stopped watching the forum now and i'm going to let those people do what they want and say what they want last time i kept doing with a forum like this i gave up something i loved.
edit: typo.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 12:04 pm

well i found out people had commented on my comic i didn't want to click on it but i did anyway and there are some nice people on that site most people loved it serval said that if the comic was colored it would be that much better one said i would own all sonic sprite comics if i colored it.
one person said it was good but i should redo the pages so they are all new and type out my text instead of writing [my hand writing is crap believe me] but people love it looks like there is hope for me after all and i might continue with drawing now.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2006, 12:37 pm

Or you could use the ignore buttion. It works wonders.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 1:42 pm

ignore button if i find that somewhere in this i'm defenitly using it on those people. :D

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 4:45 pm

Well, I’m glad you didn’t quit drawing. That would be letting the bastards win. And by big brothers, I meant your big brothers here at WP. You have at least one, and we have to look out for each other. :wink:

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 4:48 pm

:idea: o, and CockneyRebel appears to be a site administrator, try contacting her for more information

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 5:01 pm

yep i'm not going to give up drawing just yet but no i just have to get my lazy arse of my computer and get to drawing i've got so many ideas that have been stored away for some time now, it's about time i get them down on paper.
oh so that's what you ment. i think to literally. but after reading some other forums i now see that alot of people stick up for eachother.
but i don't know how anyone over here can help with a problem on another site.
i will think about contacting her if this happens again.
i'm glad to know that if i get in trouble on another site that i can always count on this one and the people on it to help me out.

demyx: your really dermatic aren't you?
huh yeah. *points at xemnas* it's his fault.
xemnas: *rolls eyes*

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 8:43 pm

wow i went through the drunk duck forums and after reading it seems that i'm not the only victim of these kind of remarks it seems that there are 4 or 5 people that harass anyone with comics they don't like it seems like sprite comics recive the most harassment.
now i know there are tons of sprite comics out there for those that don't know trust me there are tons some are bad some are good some are in the middle.
but it seems that they try to destroy anyone with a sprite comic except maybe one. this one person i felt really bad for had like twice as many people ganged up on them as i did and somehow managed to stick it out i don't know how though.
now i'm not going to lie i like sprite comics there isn't to many that i don't like but as bad as some are they do not deserve that kind of treatment. and i figure this group are like the bullies [for lack of better word] of DD they go around and look at all comics and deside which ones are good and which ones aren't. and then they give horrible critic or say if you want an example of a good comic look at mine as if their's owns all it's sicking.
but the way i figure is that this group is going to have to go under the ignore catagory.
oh one also has a sprite comic bashing comic and they say that there is only like 1 good sprite comic out of 1,000,000 bad ones. but how do you claim something is good when it apeals to you and if it doesn't the hell with it. not me if i find a comic that i like i don't say it is better then the next comic i read just because it is funnier or apeals to me more, because that same comic might apeal to someone else more then me and they might think it is better then the one i like because the one i like doesn't appeal to them as much.

sorry for the long rant it's just when i see something that i like being bashed it angers me and i think my AS helps by making me write to much. but it's just i hate all this sprite comic bashing i'm just really tired of it.

just two examples of sprite comics they are pages from ansem retort the comic that i have mentioned several times that i like.
it has dry humor that i like and plenty of kingdom hearts characters now i know this comic can be offensive at times but i find that funny.
oh i have nothing against fox but i hate reality shows with a passion, not that i'm saying reality shows are bad i just don't like them that's all.

well end rant and enjoy the comics if you like that kind of humor.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 12:49 pm

well i know people can get nasty on drunk duck well i found one other that tops it.

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/

there it is the forum with the most fights that i have gone to so far.

i'm not kidding this one is bad they fight in every forum, there must be some kind of popularity contest going on in there cause all new guys that try to stand up for themselves get shot down right there, and some of dumbs insults on some of the dumbest subjects are in that forum.

but if you like to read read all their dumb comments for a laugh go right on in, i do that all the time.

i've even seen an insult involving underwear.

but a fair warning don't talk or it's like going into a den of lions.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:37 pm

Jetfox wrote:
wow i went through the drunk duck forums and after reading it seems that i'm not the only victim of these kind of remarks it seems that there are 4 or 5 people that harass anyone with comics they don't like it seems like sprite comics recive the most harassment.
now i know there are tons of sprite comics out there for those that don't know trust me there are tons some are bad some are good some are in the middle.
but it seems that they try to destroy anyone with a sprite comic except maybe one. this one person i felt really bad for had like twice as many people ganged up on them as i did and somehow managed to stick it out i don't know how though.
now i'm not going to lie i like sprite comics there isn't to many that i don't like but as bad as some are they do not deserve that kind of treatment. and i figure this group are like the bullies [for lack of better word] of DD they go around and look at all comics and deside which ones are good and which ones aren't. and then they give horrible critic or say if you want an example of a good comic look at mine as if their's owns all it's sicking.
but the way i figure is that this group is going to have to go under the ignore catagory.
oh one also has a sprite comic bashing comic and they say that there is only like 1 good sprite comic out of 1,000,000 bad ones. but how do you claim something is good when it apeals to you and if it doesn't the hell with it. not me if i find a comic that i like i don't say it is better then the next comic i read just because it is funnier or apeals to me more, because that same comic might apeal to someone else more then me and they might think it is better then the one i like because the one i like doesn't appeal to them as much.

sorry for the long rant it's just when i see something that i like being bashed it angers me and i think my AS helps by making me write to much. but it's just i hate all this sprite comic bashing i'm just really tired of it.

just two examples of sprite comics they are pages from ansem retort the comic that i have mentioned several times that i like.
it has dry humor that i like and plenty of kingdom hearts characters now i know this comic can be offensive at times but i find that funny.
oh i have nothing against fox but i hate reality shows with a passion, not that i'm saying reality shows are bad i just don't like them that's all.

well end rant and enjoy the comics if you like that kind of humor.

Okay, a question to take your mind of it Jetfox. When, umm, that Organisation XIII member (is that Marluxia? I dunno) discusses Axel's "reverse nirvana", is the individual referred to as "BM" Black Mage from "8-Bit Theater"?

On sabbatical...

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

06 Oct 2006, 6:46 pm

Join the Church of Garlic and we will all pounce on his a$$. Not to mention
what Garlic will do to the ba$tard.

Alone we are weak.

With Garlic we become strong.

Verse 458
The Book of Garlic

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:53 pm

to quartermass:
yeah the pink haired one talking about mind bullets is marluxia.
and to tell you the truth i have no idea what the intails BM are about but that might be it BM=Black mage it kinda makes sense. though i read some of 8-bit theater and reverse nirvana was never mentioned well not in what i read. [which was like 150 comics or so]

to the machine1:
if that will get rid of my enemies then cool. :P :D

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:59 pm

Noooooo!

Stay away from the dark side!

Well, I mean, the garlic dark side.

I don't care if you go with Xehanort or Xemnas or any of Organisation XIII.

On sabbatical...