Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 5:15 pm

anger can be helpful sometimes; you just have to channel it.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 5:53 pm

jamieboy wrote:
We're virus growing on the surface of the earth which is only just beginning to realise it's potent malignancy.

This reminds me of a quote from the Matrix.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 6:04 pm

Meh.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 1:03 am

There are times I feel extremly cynical and hate humanity too. But as much as I'd like to say humanity is the cancer of the earth and blame them for everything wrong in my life, I don't because like it or not I'm a human too and so is everyone else. To say you hate humanity yet not even see yourself as equal to all these miserable hairless monkies is extremly hypocritical, in my opinion.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 10:58 am

I dont have a very high opinion of myself either if that helps clarify the situation?

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:04 am

GreySun369 wrote:
There are times I feel extremly cynical and hate humanity too. But as much as I'd like to say humanity is the cancer of the earth and blame them for everything wrong in my life, I don't because like it or not I'm a human too and so is everyone else. To say you hate humanity yet not even see yourself as equal to all these miserable hairless monkies is extremly hypocritical, in my opinion.

Yeah i guess i should realise thats it my own fault that the state is choosing to pick on me? Blame the victim. It's s**t like this that does my head in! If your in bad situation it must somehow all be your fault because YOU make the choices in your life. It's as predictable as it is tiresome, demoralising and wrong.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:06 am

I wasn't saying it was all your fault, I was simply pointing out that you're just as human as the fellow humans that you hate and nothing will ever change that. ;)

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:11 am

You were innacurately accusing me of having a superiority complex and calling me a hypocrite.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:14 am

jamieboy wrote:
GreySun369 wrote:

Yeah i guess i should realise thats it my own fault that the state is choosing to pick on me? Blame the victim. It's sh** like this that does my head in! If your in bad situation it must somehow all be your fault because YOU make the choices in your life. It's as predictable as it is tiresome, demoralising and wrong.

We surely do bring some things upon ourselves as individuals, such as when a plane crashes and we are injured or worse after choosing to try to fly. However, it is neither your fault nor mine that other people commit wrongs against us, and neither is it our own fault -- it is usually beyond our own control -- that we suffer when they do.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:17 am

jamieboy well maybe you shouldn't have started a topic with the title "F*** Humanity" to give me that impression. That itself just seems like a pretty egotistical way to generalize all humans as if you think everyone in the world is out to get you.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:25 am

It's not just about me. I think people treat each other pretty shabbily in general. Just today i was reading how detainees are still being tortured in Iraq, Having electrodes attached to their balls, having drills used on them, all kinds of sadistic s**t. What other animal is capable of such thought out and planned sadism?

Anyway i'll start singing come by are for you. Lets forget our troubles with a big bowl of a strawberry icecream!

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:29 am

Quote:
Lets forget our troubles with a big bowl of a strawberry icecream!

That's the spirit!

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:33 am

OK, I realize I came across as a bit of an ass and I truely apologize.

I understand that you feel anger about this, but I still don't think it was right of you to say "F*** Humanity" because believe it or not, not all humans are as evil and cruel as you think. It's just we tend to pay more attention to the ones who are cruel then we do to the ones who are kind which causes us to become extremly cynical and give the world or condemnation. There's not much you can do about the way the world is except try to live your life and vow never to be like those who sadistically hurt others. You say you don't think highly of yourself, but the fact that you're angry and upset over this tells me that even you are not as evil as you think you are.

Oh and for the record, humans are not the only animals capable of cruelty. Look at cats, they like to play with their prey and torment them before they rip them apart and eat them.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:48 am

emlion wrote:
Quote:

That's the spirit!

I know what would make me forget all my troubles right now... I need to find some buddies in my hometown. So i can go out and talk to the laydeezzzz

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:50 am

jamieboy wrote:
emlion wrote:
Quote:

That's the spirit!

I know what would make me forget all my troubles right now... I need to find some buddies in my hometown. So i can go out and talk to the laydeezzzz

the laydeez are good for getting rid of problems. 8)

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 11:55 am

emlion wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
emlion wrote:
Quote:

That's the spirit!

the laydeez are good for getting rid of problems. 8)

That's good because i may have a problem in a minute. :wink: