Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:29 pm

I recently invited a bunch of women, including two close friends to attend a Korean Sauna in the Atlanta area on the 12th of February before the actual Valentine's Day. However, everyone of them were really busy with their own lives. For example, one of them had wanted to go but found out that her husband had early Valentine's Day reservations to a nice restaurant since it would be crowded tonight. I do understand that aspect, and my aunt and I do the same thing. Yet, I am disappointed and maybe a little let down that they chose to do their date on Saturday evening instead of last night.

Although I try to keep myself occupied with joining singles events and thinks at schools, Valentine's Day knocks me out harder than you can imagine. It's now harder because the girl who I mentioned above used to be single and and live alone, and we could do more on things like today. However, ever since she has started dating and married things haven't been the same. All of a sudden life is for perfect for her while I feel left behind.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:32 pm

It's only one day.
It'll be over soon.
Go and run a bath, read a book etc.
Focus on tomorrow - it's just a silly holiday. :D

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 1:42 pm

It's valentines' day :o ? Frack, I better go buy my girlfriend some chocolate or I may be facing my untimely demise

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 1:45 pm

Vigilans wrote:
It's valentines' day :o ? Frack, I better go buy my girlfriend some chocolate or I may be facing my untimely demise

Uh oh. She's gon' beat you.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 2:09 pm

Lol, nice. No I don't think that she is going to beat you. However, I agree with Emillion that it's not an important holiday. However, seeing the teddy bears and other things makes me associate it with being lonely. I don't want to run off and do something really foolish but it does make me down hearted.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm

I think an anniversary of a relationship is much more important.
OR even more important: Pancake Day. 8)

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 2:18 pm

Miyah wrote:
Lol, nice. No I don't think that she is going to beat you. However, I agree with Emillion that it's not an important holiday. However, seeing the teddy bears and other things makes me associate it with being lonely. I don't want to run off and do something really foolish but it does make me down hearted.

lol I hope I don't get a savage girl beating
Anyways Valentine's Day is pretty much just for teenagers, at least I think so. I tend to buy my girlfriend chocolate on at least a weekly basis anyways, the only difference being on the 14th it has to be in a heart-shaped box...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 2:52 pm

Look ahead to tomorrow. That's what I'm doing. :)

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 4:28 pm

Thank God I work night shift....Im going to sleep the whole day off like a bad hangover

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 9:41 am

I never cared for Valentines Day at all. I dread the day and the stupid commercials on TV where couples are kissing. GAG :eew: :eew:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 10:49 am

Vigilans wrote:
Miyah wrote:

lol I hope I don't get a savage girl beating
Anyways Valentine's Day is pretty much just for teenagers, at least I think so. I tend to buy my girlfriend chocolate on at least a weekly basis anyways, the only difference being on the 14th it has to be in a heart-shaped box...

Seems you also need to wear a bunny suit Vigilans... hahaha

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2011, 4:39 am

Take my advice bro, online dating. I had my first girlfriend introduced to me on plentyoffish. I broke up with her about three weeks ago and I'm already talking to another girl. Post up the most attractive pictures of yourself that you can, be flexible about picking up new interests and you'll find the right person. I wish I had done so sooner instead of wasting my time with the losers at my college.