Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

No idea why but I don't feel like celebrating any achievements or talents. Say you got an A-Level or a degree in a subject, your reaction is that you know that other people have done this and you feel like in truth that you would rather accept any achievement in silence as you feel patronised when applauded.
Does not happen in some sports and a few video games but does for a lot of other factors.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 12:51 pm

I don't either, it doesn't feel like it. And I dislike being praised a great deal.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

Well I do not celebrate it either-it doesn't seem to matter to anyone and by the time I accomplish something they up the bar and say now you have to do this too. It never ends. I do not like being the center of attention-it makes me feel uncomfortable.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 1:51 pm

Interesting...It wasn't long ago that I used to hear people who refuse praise have low self-esteem and are depressed and other shrink-talk, but recently I've heard kids are now so spoiled rotten you should NEVER tell them how special they are or celebrate every achievement because they're the "me" generation. I usually accept praise from others if I think I deserve it but I believe strongly that good people are humble, proud people are bad or just plain annoying. And there's nothing more annoying than some shameless idiot who's all LOOK AT ME, WORLD!! ! LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT MEEEEE!! ! :bounce:

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 2:39 pm

I agree with that, kids do seem to want to grab attention. For example, in the UK they would become a teen parent and I just think that they don't know themselves before bringing a child into their lives. That is a different matter altogether but I do think that low self-esteem and depression are linked with not wanting praise.
That type of proud is more like arrogant and cocky to me, if I was proud I would want it to be content, not on show.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."