Panic attacks constantly

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

endersdragon34
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Mar 2019, 12:55 am

I am in law school and I am sure that is causing this and I just don't know if I can stand 2 more years of this. This feels horrible all the time. Part of it is because of an obsession I am having (finding old friends, btw does anyone know beebee?) which at times is getting OCD but I am sure that is just a symptom not the disease. I only have 5 weeks until the end of the term... but next term could see the same thing... I am not really off in the summer so maybe the same thing there... what about second term next year... or 3L year... or when I am in a job that expects me to put in a ton of hours. I really feel like I just need a job now with family and friends at a place I know I can handle. I haven't felt this alone and scared for a very long time and it is truly frightening me. I am not suicidal like I was then, but just as panicey and scared. I don't know what to do. If I wasn't on a full ride I would just take a year off but I don't think I can do that and stay on it... and now I am just rambling

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 8:15 am

u are overworked, and sure that is stressful, no argument. and u need to arrange urself some quality downtime to counter the stress mounting up on u. on a job, u could be working part-time if u really need to, u dont have to nesesserily be fulltime. u are under a lot of pressure, but u are succeeding, moving forward, getting a good moneymaking profession. remind urself about it, when u sit in a quiet place with a glass of ur favorite drink ^^

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 11:51 am

My panic attacks and generalized anxiety was caused by a chemical imbalance in my brain. I was put on medication and it eventually went away.

magz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 12:06 pm

I couldn't really read your post, it triggers me too much, but I have problems like that every few years. Medical leave and a year of doing nothing help the most...

endersdragon34
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Mar 2019, 4:04 pm

magz wrote:
I couldn't really read your post, it triggers me too much, but I have problems like that every few years. Medical leave and a year of doing nothing help the most...

I took 7 months or so doing mostly nothing, working 15-20 hours a week, meant to take another year like that, didn't last. I was offered the opportunity of a lifetime and just took it.

endersdragon34
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2019, 2:28 am

Had like a several hour panic attack tonight that I just couldn't get through. By the end I was so exhausted. It's getting worse.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:59 am

u have to find out what exactly is causing them. also, have u seen our main PA thread? maybe u'd move with us there?) viewtopic.php?t=371886

endersdragon34
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2019, 3:15 pm

serpentari wrote:
u have to find out what exactly is causing them. also, have u seen our main PA thread? maybe u'd move with us there?) viewtopic.php?t=371886

Lately it has been a sense of nostalgia or wanting things to go back to a simpler time. Though the weird thing is, I was always depressed and anxious in this simpler time.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:19 pm

thats why i tended to exhaust myself to total blackout, before my ptsd subsided a bit. when u are busy as hell, its easier to fight off s**t... but that takes a different, and heavy, toll.

endersdragon34
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2019, 7:59 pm

And it makes it so the stress keeps piling up waiting for you to be off to strike.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:13 am

that is why u sink stress. in any way u find good for urself. for me its hard banther (with consent of other participants ofc), and videogames. preferably shared with friends.

endersdragon34
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Yesterday, 12:41 am

The problem is I feel too stressed to even do things like play video games. Conversations are helping as is some things on TV, but not really.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:59 am

i didnt say it was a universal solution) every person has their own. just make sure u find and use what works for u

endersdragon34
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Today, 1:10 am

I think I know what would help... I just don't know how to do it. I am always happiest when I am living with families. If I could live with a family again, and not be entirely alone, or with a bunch of drunk law school students... Yeah I think that would help. Now just... Is it a reality? I hate being so "high functioning".

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 2:00 am

its not about being high functioning. autistic doesnt equal recluse. some of us just didnt have luck with families we were born into...