I think I should quit weed

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:43 am

I get really paranoid when I smoke it and it scares me. I also find it hard to function even after Im high. Yesterday when I was high and someone wished me a happy st patric's day all I could say in return was "hey". After I was high I was trying to tell my dad something and I struggled to get the words out. My reason for smoking is I get depressed. Pot also gives me inspiration that I dont think I could get without it. But it scares me. I want to be somehow cool without it. But at the same time I feel like nothing without it. I have a slightly addictive personality. My fear is that it will interfere with something important. Ill need to get something done and be too stoned or burnt out.

Anyone else here stop smoking pot? How did you do it? How did you feel after?

Im going to try to switch to CBD instead of THC. And maybe that will help with depression. Im also thinking about quitting coffee because I think once that wears off in a day I get depressed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:48 am

You probably should. It would leave room for you to get better food, and to buy clothes. Weed can be expensive.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:26 am

Just switch to high CBD low THC cannabis. You'll still have something to smoke but it wont make you paranoid. Pretty simple.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:12 am

i honestly am not an expert, having never done drugs, but i'd say its a good idea to quit. but i am biased xD

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:55 am

Some of the advice given here might be sound, but as it seems you have legitimate psychiatric issues then you should be having this discussion with a psychiatrist.

It's not the same as buying cannabis (or wine for that matter) for recreational purposes. Where I live you would need a physician's prescription to obtain cannabis legally. Maybe not such a terrible idea as others on this forum would likely think. At least then you would be getting the professional advice you probably need.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:37 pm

MaxE wrote:
Some of the advice given here might be sound, but as it seems you have legitimate psychiatric issues then you should be having this discussion with a psychiatrist.

It's not the same as buying cannabis (or wine for that matter) for recreational purposes. Where I live you would need a physician's prescription to obtain cannabis legally. Maybe not such a terrible idea as others on this forum would likely think. At least then you would be getting the professional advice you probably need.

It is legal to buy cannabis in Canada with or without a prescription. Only 5% of doctors in Canada prescribe cannabis so asking the average doctor for their opinion on cannabis the answer will be no. 95% dont have an informed opinion so getting their opinion is pointless when you already know what the answer will be. Getting a doctor's advice on pharmaceuticals is one thing but thinking they are able to offer any meaningful advice on treatments that werent made by big pharma is a joke.

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:40 pm

If Im having doubts about weed I should probably switch to CBD. I havent heard anything bad about it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:49 pm

And....you probably don't have to deal with sleazy dealers....

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 5:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
And....you probably don't have to deal with sleazy dealers....

Don't have to in Canada anymore, weed is legal and you can buy from a licensed store in whatever province you live in.

Reassessed 04/11/16

Last edited by Noca on 18 Mar 2019, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 5:09 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
If Im having doubts about weed I should probably switch to CBD. I havent heard anything bad about it.

You can still get strains with less than 10% THC, as long as the CBD % is higher or equal to the THC % you should be good to go. Won't have to worry about paranoia.

Reassessed 04/11/16

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:10 pm

Noca wrote:
MaxE wrote:

It is legal to buy cannabis in Canada with or without a prescription. Only 5% of doctors in Canada prescribe cannabis so asking the average doctor for their opinion on cannabis the answer will be no. 95% dont have an informed opinion so getting their opinion is pointless when you already know what the answer will be. Getting a doctor's advice on pharmaceuticals is one thing but thinking they are able to offer any meaningful advice on treatments that werent made by big pharma is a joke.
So you're saying modern psychiatry is basically a scam?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:22 pm

My daughter's psychiatrist wanted her to quit weed because it interfered with the effect of her antidepressant. Another reason besides paranoia that it can be bad for people is that over time, it lowers motivation.

YMMV of course. People can very easily fool themselves about what is good or bad for them, which is a reason why it's good to have a doctor supervising your meds.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:18 pm

MaxE wrote:
Noca wrote:
MaxE wrote:

So you're saying modern psychiatry is basically a scam?

Nope not saying that. Just saying that ask the average doctor for their opinion on weed, supplements, exercise regime, or to some extent diet, and they usually ignore whatever you were asking them about or refuse to comment and then proceed to suggest a pharmaceutical because pharmaceuticals are what they learned in medical school while they did not learn about the others. It is extremely rare that a doctor suggests something that is not a pharmaceutical or surgery, except maybe generic "eat healthy and exercise" advice.

Reassessed 04/11/16