Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 1:08 pm

In the past and even today i behave in ways that would really upset my loved ones.

More too the point my brother said too me a few times about my grandma who passed away.... "She is looking down on you hating you" and "your grandma probably hates your guts"

This really hurt me because I was close too my grandmother and i would not like too think
She is watching over me with hostile feelings. On the bright side my dad said too me "don't worry James you could do no wrong in her world"

Do u think my brother makes a good point? According too my parents my grandma ended up hating my late grandfather because of having too look after him and his mood swings cause of his diabetes and cancer

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2012, 1:20 pm

I think your brother is full of s**t and he's trying to cause you as much pain as possible. don't give what he says even an ounce of credibility.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 1:27 pm

Well she did end up hating my grandfather....

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

Your brother is wrong. I suspect that he doesn't even believe what he says himself - it sounds to me that he was jealous of the good, close relationship you had with your Grandma and he is just trying to hurt you. I would just ignore him. If your Grandma is looking down on you then I'm sure she loves you just as much as she did when she was alive. Try not to let your brother's nastiness taint the happy memories that you have of your Grandma.

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2012, 1:37 pm

"don't worry James you could do no wrong in her world" A lot of grandmother's just adore their grandchildren. I find it highly unlikely that that would be the case that she really hated you. and even if she said she hated your grandfather it was probably more out of frustration than anything else (she did take care of him after all, at least by your account)

But forget the stuff I said above. It's obvious your brother just wants to lay guilt on you and use your dead grandmother to do it.

I don't believe there are any dead ancestors looking down on us with any feelings whatsoever. there is no evidence for such a thing.
You have to worry about yourself and people that are actually living. Don't let toxic family members twist your brain and emotions into a pretzel. Just remember her as who she was and don't imagine her hating you, that's just a set up for a constant feedback loop of guilt based on an image that was created in your mind by the hurtful thing he said to you.

I've heard similar things in my family and it's all superstitious nonsense.

LittleBird
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2012, 4:10 pm

I don't know if your into the Bible's line of reasoning....but it sounds to me like you might be...if so you amy want to check out....Gen. 3:19: “In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Eccl. 9:5: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.”
Hope this helps :o)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 9:25 pm

I don't think your grandmother is hating you at all. I think your brother is upset with you because you whine a lot and also don't know the difference between to, two and too, (or that may be me) but other than that, i think you are good to go on the asking grandma for her prayers via heaven and all.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm

It's certainly stressful to be in a caretaker relationship like that, but I would say your brother is wrong.

Religiously speaking, emotions of anger and hate don't exist in heaven.

hmstmil
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2012, 11:55 am

Those are the kinds of things someone says when their goal is to hurt you. Your brother is very mean.

Just because your grandma hated your grandfather doesn't mean she hates you. Everyone has people they dislike, right?

I would trust your dad's opinion on this issue. He knew your grandma longer than you or your brother. He also saw your relationship with her through the eyes of an adult, so he probably knows a lot more than your brother.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

Quote:
Is my brother right?

On opposite day, another question i'd have is does he have any tact or respect for people who passed away?

Joking harshly is one thing, he's disrespecting your grandmother as well.

SickInDaHead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2012, 7:24 pm

As if the dead even give a rats ass about what goes on here.