Page 8 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 10:46 am

Tequila wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
I also think everyone has discriminatory views of some kind or other - the difference is in terms of whether they make the effort not to upset others with these views

You're advocating political correctness and suppression of free speech, which has worked wonderfully in this country over the last couple of decades.

I'd rather my enemies/opponents are above ground where I can see 'em if it's all the same with you.

No, I am just more aware of the political climate and adjust my behaviour accordingly as I don't want unnecessary hassle

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 3:35 pm

meems wrote:
It's not about that - when you describe other ethnicity outside of your own as being inferior, it's going to make people feel alienated when they read that. I think even more so if no one is challenging what you say as being wrong, because it's almost like silence condones the words of others, and the entire conversation becomes problematic.

I am glad you have spoken up Meems and just so you know, not everyone has agreed with what has been said here. One of the most racist posts has been removed fortunately, but also rebuttals to it by at least two different people. I assume our rebuttals were removed because we quoted him, but I am not sure, as I recieved no explanation by a Mod, it was just removed.

When your posts are removed without explanation you become restrained, and so I approached it circumspectly with another post, still above, in an attempt to try and correct the record to oppose fallacies based on lack of knowledge.

I do have to say parts of this thread have made me ill and proved to me that racism is as alive and well on the spectrum as in the general population at large.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 3:51 pm

i don't know if another mod removed any posts - they might have. i warned a member for racism but i didn't remove any posts because they were quoted too much - it was pretty much too visible and seen by the membership at that point. i may lock the thread, depending how it goes. seems like it's possible to have a fruitful discussion still, maybe? i am not actually sure

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:15 pm

You can feel free to lock the thread if you have to Hyper I am feeling better about myself and have forgiven myself and also I dont want to have people fighting and being racist. Racism is never the answer. This is a healing forum not a forum to start fights or be racist the racism was one of the reason I been ashamed of it the first place because it gives mine and other groups a bad name. I think we all belong to one race the human race we may look different and have different cultures but we are the same being we should not hate eachother or hate ourselves on the bases of melanin based on climactic adaptation and geographic location thousands of years ago.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

We all bleed red. :cry: