If I was NT at this moment in time....

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 6:57 am

....I wouldn't of had a tantrum this morning about the snow disrupting my routine, causing an atmosphere and me feeling too guilty to come out of my room and face anyone now

....I wouldn't get so highly strung over silly things like strangers saying hello to my mum as they pass (it's just something that has just got into my head)

....I won't be an easy target for immature teenagers to throw snowball at. OK, NTs still get pranks like that happen to them but it's more likely to happen to me because, despite the fact that I can walk with a good gait and wear stylish (not ''geeky'') clothes, I still seem to get targeted with these sorts of things, which does no good to my self-esteem and I also find it humiliating to have snowballs thrown at you in public

....I would have more friends, especially of my age

....I wouldn't be so crazy over bus-drivers and having to get the particular bus at particular times

....I wouldn't be isolating myself from my cousins and their social lives so much, I probably would include myself in their social activities, or, I would probably have friends of my own anyway or I probably wouldn't get so afraid of mixing because of having Asperger's what causes significant social issues what most others don't understand

....and so much more. Although I still might be anxious or shy or unhappy as an NT, I still wouldn't have all the s**t above, plus many more unique s**t that I didn't list. I wish I was NT, I really do.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 9:39 am

Hang in there Joe90. I have read several of your comments in other threads in the past and you strike me as a special and caring person. If you were NT you might not be so.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 10:58 am

If you were NT, you couldn't enjoy that self--pity party. Seriously, go on like that and you'll find there's a lot more you can blame AS for.

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2013, 4:53 pm

If I were NT I would be alot better off too.
I could say it right now. I'm sure people say here are saying things like they all NT's do lie, and hate. I have to lie to feel confident in public and so people will like me. Its extremely hard when i only feel good that way. I know the normal people are better accepted. My friend can dress however he wants and he acts like himself and people still like him and girls still hit on him. This just proves that I would never be accepted in the world as myself. I would rather have a so so life as a NT then a great life asan aspie.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 6:16 pm

Sweet Pea hugsImage

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 8:23 pm

PTSmorrow wrote:
If you were NT, you couldn't enjoy that self--pity party. Seriously, go on like that and you'll find there's a lot more you can blame AS for.

This is The Haven and WP is a support site.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 10:56 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
PTSmorrow wrote:

This is The Haven and WP is a support site.

I forgot to add :wink: or lol.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 11:09 am

Quinntilda wrote:
If I were NT I would be alot better off too.
I could say it right now. I'm sure people say here are saying things like they all NT's do lie, and hate. I have to lie to feel confident in public and so people will like me. Its extremely hard when i only feel good that way. I know the normal people are better accepted. My friend can dress however he wants and he acts like himself and people still like him and girls still hit on him. This just proves that I would never be accepted in the world as myself. I would rather have a so so life as a NT then a great life asan aspie.

Basically, and I don't mean to offend you, it's always a dead end to compare yourself with people if a change is simply out of reach. Like a 5" tall person wanting to become a basketball pro or a completely unmusical person who wants to be a singer. It won't work.

Truth is, every person has strong sides as well as weak ones and one is always better off when they focus on and try to improve their strengths and natural gifts.

Seriously, there are more important things in life than being accepted in public, and the girls who hit on your friend may be mind--numbing, superficial dolls who don't even bother to get to know a guy.