Sometimes I wish I could start again

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 6:02 pm

Well, it's only the second time I've ever come to rely on this part of the forum, the previous time being one of my first posts in 2010.
And you'll note the title and the key word "sometimes", but this is very much one of those times. I feel that as I'm growing older, I'm already growing weaker mentally and perhaps in other areas, too, but I don't know.
More than anything right now, the two things dragging me down is feeling isolated, and feeling as though I'm not making enough progress and falling behind others my age, as well as other personal issues.

Anyway, it's a very long story and only people who remember my very first posts will recall it. But it's been a whole four years since all the events at school happened, and things haven't been the same since, in some ways for better, in many others worse.

However, I still feel just as much of a failure than I've always been, and the reason I never make haven posts often is because I can't put bad times into words, and so this message is a bit incomprehensible.
Not only that but also it appears rather weak, but never mind.

Decorequiem
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2013, 11:48 am

I've often felt that if you're stuck in a certain predicament you should let it play out because life is a bitter brew, and there's nothing else to drink.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

You're not a failure, don't be so bloody stupid. I'm more of a failure than you. You have a mellow likeability that I think will grow as you get older and get more confident with the world and, hopefully, will get more confident in your own skin.

We shall have to meet up sometime in the next couple of weeks, if you're up for that. How was Prague? Did you get chance to have a look at the women while you were there on your short trip?