please pray for WPer ASS-P!

Page 9 of 14 [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 10:38 pm

monsterland had been very helpful and will soon be able to meet with Walter. But for the moment only 2 donations had been made. If anybody else has the possibility to contribute, it would be much appreciated...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 10:43 pm

I can't do paypal or anything similar [I am not tech-wise] but I can mail him things the old fashioned way.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2013, 5:45 pm

Any news?

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 9:00 pm

I've just come across this thread, and will continue to pray for Walter. I've read his posts in the past and have seen how desperate his situation is. I live in Scotland and it is beyond my comprehension how someone living in the wealthiest, most powerful nation in the world is reduced to such a miserable existence.

If enough of us were able to commit to sending money regularly, maybe monthly, for an extended period of time, would that let him find somewhere to rent? His health is suffering so much because he has nowhere to live, and maybe if we could help him get established somewhere then he would be able to heal up a bit.

I'm prepared to send £50 (about $75) per month for 6 months to a year ideally to help him get a place to live.

In the meantime, I'll send money for his daily needs, but a place to live would surely be of huge benefit to him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 10:56 pm

I am trying to get him to return my email to him letting him know monsterland is ready to meet him.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 4:41 am

Marcia wrote:
I've just come across this thread, and will continue to pray for Walter. I've read his posts in the past and have seen how desperate his situation is. I live in Scotland and it is beyond my comprehension how someone living in the wealthiest, most powerful nation in the world is reduced to such a miserable existence.

In the meantime, I'll send money for his daily needs, but a place to live would surely be of huge benefit to him.

Hello Marcia, I think your generosity is amazing.

There is another thread regarding Walter with the aim of trying to find someone who is local, able to donate some time and act as a support worker, will contact local services and hopefully find an advocate to work on his legal issues.

If you would like to contribute to that thread, please do:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt234678.html

b9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 9:36 am

i have been tardy with respect to this matter. i have been rather busy, and that has hindered my efforts to secure a definite plan of action.
i rang the westpac bank at leura (which is my local bank) and asked them whether they had any american currency i could buy, they said "no". then i asked her where i could buy american dollars, and she said that "westpac" in chatswood or "westpac" in bondi had american currencies. both of those destinations are about 100 km (62 miles) away, and i just could not be bothered driving that far

i spoke to the local post office "person" on friday, and i asked him how i could mail $100 american dollars in an envelope and he said he could obtain american dollars, but the minimum amount he could obtain was $200.
so i bought $200 american dollars and i will mail one hundred dollars to him when they arrive at the post office.

we can not all be like teats that he may relax and suckle upon. how much integrity does he have in his personality?

time to heal, and a brand new deal.
is maybe what he really needs
but to take on board
what he's missing in his life
presents a whole new look and feel

it's up to your sole discretion.
does he really need your aid?
are you moving in the right direction,
maybe your kindness is mislaid.....

maybe it's mislaid.....

nevertheless he will get a hundred dollars in a few days.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 9:46 am

You are such a nice bot B9.

From the posts I have read from ASS-P, I feel his executive function is probably very low and this is what stops him from getting help.

I'm sure your gift will be much appreciated, I'm still looking for someone to help him take charge of his life.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 10:36 am

Could someone tell me, if this is around "his area"? There was a Santa Clara hospital mentioned, and according to my infos there should be a hospital around, and there is a "vagabonds inn" as well around that area, so I hoped its close to him?

CA CHECK CASHING #579

2325 El Camino Real Ste 102
Santa Clara, CA 95050

408-244-7575
Geschäftszeiten heute: 08:00 AM - 8:00 PM

It should be a western union place, but that damn city is pretty big and I am not used to so big cities, so I´d be happy if someone could tell me, if that was around his place?

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm

This is the nearest western union location to his snail mail pickup point.

CA CHECK CASHING #585
19 S 2nd St
San Jose, CA 95113
408-279-2381

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 7:28 pm

UPDATE

There were two donations which amounted to $150. I bumped it to $220.

A few hours ago I drove from San Francisco to San Jose, gave Walter the money and some envelopes he asked for. I camouflaged them inside an envelope inside a worn-out bag, so hopefully he doesn't get robbed immediately.

Walter is quite coherent and self-aware and can carry on a conversation. He definitely has the homeless look, though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 8:44 pm

I hope he can someday get a basic no-fee savings account sometime. that is a lot of $$$ to be carrying around In that area.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2013, 9:14 pm

Well done monsterland.
Hopefully that will help Walter out a little.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 9:30 pm

walter "presents well."

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 2:52 am

Nice one Monsterland and those that provided the funding.

I'm not dissing Walter, I feel he needs an outreach worker to help him make decisions and make plans.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 3:00 am

if only Kennedy's proposed community mental health centers actually saw the light of day.