Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Nascaireacht
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

I was supposed to do something about my late father's estate, and didn't. It's nearly a year ago now, and my older brother is blaming me for not doing it. He really needs the money that would come to him, and I've hardly even started. I've a problem with doing paperwork, and I don't really know what's the best thing to do first anyway. But he'd never do it himself, as his undiagnosed Aspergers is even worse than mine. I'm looking after 2 sons on the spectrum (11, and a 5 yr old with delayed language). I'm also looking after my husband, who has sleep apnoea, depression, sensory issues, and a few other things. I'm just so busy, and it's hard to focus, and this thing needs me to be focused. My brother has anger management problems and can't have a conversation with me most days without flaring up. Part of why I'm mad is that now that I've delayed on doing the job, it means he actually has a legitimate reason for being mad at me (for once!). I just couldn't bear to start. I'm 5 yrs behind with tax, and there are other things that need doing too that I find hard to face up to. Also, I don't have the money to pay a lawyer, but I need a lawyer to do parts of it.

Sorry, just needed to rant to someone who isn't my husband. He's getting protective and I don't want him to flare up at my brother. We need to stay speaking, at least until this is sorted.

sueinphilly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2014, 6:53 pm

Is there a 3rd party, some type of legal person who could assist you?

Even if you have to pay for help, it might be priceless for your sanity
And getting the task accomplished would lift the burden and you'd get to cross something off you to do list. And get your brother off your back