To those who think depression is a joke

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 2:19 am

^can't really say that about depression meds I've tried...at least there's weed, most recent depression med I've tried has only given me really red sort of itchy eyes and granted sometimes my eyes are red due to cannabis use but not that bad. Didn't even take it today, says to discontinue if you get allergy like symptoms due to the chance of some horrible sounding skin disease/allergic reaction sort of thing...and aside from that I just feel worse physically in general since taking it and no better mentally so just don't think it has the potential to help.

I feel like they're going to start trying to pressure me into ECT or something since none of their medications are really working for me..and I certainly don't like that idea I don't care how much 'safer' it is now than back in the day or whatever I do not want want my brain zapped luckily I'd have to consent which I do not see myself doing. Don't think medicaid will cover anything other than that if that, some therapy and meds and most alternative things I have heard of seem rather expensive and I have limited income.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 04 Sep 2014, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2014, 4:53 pm

Depression isn't funny at all. Neither is any other mental health illness for that matter. I suffer from a mild form of chronic depression that is well hid by anxiety disorders. Sometimes the depressive episodes are mild and other times, they become intense to the point to where I have violent thoughts about ending my own life because it feels like no one actually cares.

So to the people who think this is funny, they can go screw themselves because it's not funny at all.