why is it men have to shave :'(

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 9:00 pm

Im a guy that shaves my whole body, it's often more comfortable to deal with when wearing clothes that rub between skin and hair.

Would society deem me as a woman? No... When it comes to jobs nobody has to get that clean cut look, just look tidier, there's room to get creative with beard and mustashes just has to look nice.

I actually prefer the whole body hair cut, minus the hair on my head as I prefer that longer than usual "society wants from guys to look like" haircuts. Just be who you feel you are.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 11:04 pm

having quick access to straight razors would be too tempting for cutting. i might try the 2-3 blade disposable again. though as is I don't have a need to shave no women who will consider me and no jobs either. back to just trimming it cause I don't like getting beard/mustache in my mouth/food.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 5:43 am

Its either shave or look like someone on Duck Dynasty. But its your choice. Quack Quack! :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm

You'll get better at it with practice. I used to get heaps of little nicks when I first started shaving my legs.

Also, I know plenty of guys with facial hair and it doesn't hold them back in any way.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 3:09 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Be glad you don't have to shave your legs. We women might not need to do it every day but there's a lot more to shave. As a teen and young adult I really hated shaving my legs and would cut myself a lot, so I mostly only shaved in the summer when I wore shorts and bathing suits. But now I shave every other day because I don't like it when I do let the hair grow. All bristly and like a gorilla. :lol:

Some cultures aren't as hair-aphobic as in North America. I heard people in Europe don't even shave their pits. I'm sorry but think the line has to be drawn somewhere, few things are more gross than sweaty, smelly armpit hair. :eew:

I don't bother shaving my legs anymore, the only reason I ever even did was because I was afraid of being made fun of for it or people being mean at school...otherwise I probably would have never bothered in the first place. I shave my pits in the summer when its hot as you are right about the sweaty smelly armpit hair....however would you prefer guys also shave theirs off or is male arm-pit hair less likely to get that way than female pit hair? lol

Though I think I'd hate being a dude having to shave my face more than I hated shaving my legs....at least if you cut your leg or your arm pit its not really visible to everyone when they first look at you.

Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 3:19 am

I haven't shaved in.. 6 months?

My job lets my beard grow out full. I'd never shave. :| I can't stand the feel.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 5:46 am

shaving isn't fully required; often a regular trim does the job good enough.

that said: i use a disposable razor designed for those cream-things at the sink.
however, i shave under the shower; shampooing my entire face with store-brand 'no-tears' baby shampoo beforehand.

i find that the hot steam of the shower softens the skin, making cuts less common, and the no-tears closes any cuts that should appear.
aside from that, there is a lot less irritation then any method i tried before.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 7:05 am

I would recommend buying a 40 dollar electric razor that will probably last more than just a few years if you don't mistreat it. They also are a lot less likely to cause nicks and cuts. Seems like there is a stigma against them, dunno why, mine serves me well.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 1:04 pm

I guess if you feel you look better (or more "proper") without hair, go for it.

I haven't shaved for 30+ years, and allowing for a brief "sales" stint the number would be closer to 50 years.

50 YEARS, that's 18 thousand, 262 and 1/2 times of scratching and bloodying my face and paying for shaving cream, blades and other products. At only 15 minutes a shave that would account for over 4,565 hours, or over 190 days of non-stop shaving. I don't think I've missed out on much, and must have saved some money also.

Location is important. In Northern California (the "Northern" that starts north of Sacramento not San Francisco) beards are not uncommon (and the Pres. of the Co. I retired from has one). In Sacramento or San Francisco I feel like, and stand out like, Paul Bunyan (or maybe his ox, I'm not sure). :D

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 6:41 pm

I simply can't grow facial hair very well. I can get a mild goatee, but the sides come in patchy and since my hair is so light, it's barely visible at all. I'd rather just stay clean-shaven than look like somebody sneezed hair on my cheeks.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 1:17 am

There are options to have the hair permanently removed. Some are quite reasonable actually when you think about it.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 6:45 am

I use an electric razor. I have a very thick and rapidly growing beard so disposable razors are very expensive. I find an electric razor is much quicker and causes less irritation. I also really hate the smell and texture of shaving foam. I have grown a beard at various times but that was just because I hate shaving marginally more than I dislike having a beard. It's one of those daily annoyances that comes with having a body.

aradesh
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2015, 6:04 pm

You're your own man, you can grow a beard if you want to! You can braid your facial hair into dreadlocks if you want to.

I personally shave once or twice a week as I don't like how my face feels after any longer. I use super cheap disposable razors with 1 blade and I find them fine. The only problem I have is that I don't like looking in mirrors, so I shave by feel while in the shower, so it means I'll often miss bits and I have to shave the bits I missed later :P

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 10:39 pm

tried again with different disposable razor twice and same result, ecept worse cuts. :'( i just want to be more attractive. and no matter how much I tried couldn't get my face baby smooth just ended up bleeding way more.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 12:08 am

started looking at shaving stuff merkur 23c $30-40, boar brush $9-11, sample blade kit for 11, problem is none of the soap the guy i've been watching reviews for is sold on amazon. in fact they have a large blade and razor selection but very small soap/cream. its like they epect you to shave dry. normally amazon has a larger selection than I need on stuff but this case its tiny. and I don't think anywhere local sells shaving soap just stuff in cans. i'd prefer buying local. the blades can be bought in 100 packs that probably last forever but soap will be too expensive to buy then pay twice what it cost to ship.

though i don't really even want to shave so spending $100ish of meny i can't afford on something i hate and hurts me sounds stupid. :(

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 1:00 am

I use a double edge blade razor. For all I know, it may even be the same one that I first shaved with.

I never use shaving cream. Instead, I use shaving soap in a mug. Wet the shaving brush with a hot rag, swish it around in the soap in the mug to build up a lather, and apply it to the face.

I enjoy it. If I didn't, I would go back to a beard.