Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm

So, I'm writing a series right now that I have busted my ass on since 2013. Nobody will ever read it, cosplay as my characters, draw fan art and people judge it. I've posted my work here before yet NOBODY has ANY interest in it. Deviant Art is a freaking joke.

I'm sick of everyone's prejudice crap. I look forward to writing every chapter, but people don't like or want to read it.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 5:00 pm

Hi xxZeromancerlovexx,

Since we do not know each other at all, I don't know if this will apply at all to you. If it doesn't apply, please disregard.

Are you interested in reading other people's stories? Or looking at other people's art and commenting on it?

I ask, because I'm a writer too. And all the time, I seem to come across people who only want me to read their work ... meanwhile, they have absolutely no interest in getting to know me as a person. Which is a shame, because I would love to find friends who share similar interests.

I find the same thing in the art world. I would love to make friends with other artists and photographers ... only they seem to be so competitive and focused on their own work that it just doesn't happen. It's a shame.

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM

Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 5:44 am

Deviant art isn't exactly known for starting art/writing careers or having quality content in general.. if you're judging your success based on experiences on that site, you're being too hard on yourself.