I can make myself cry...

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm

They have cops in public libraries in the US? Don't get a library suspension again. It's not worth the hassle.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 3:19 pm

...Not a literal policeman w/a gun (I think) more like - I presume those " Mall Cop " movies made it to the UK :lol: ?????

uote="gaz34"]They have cops in public libraries in the US? Don't get a library suspension again. It's not worth the

assle.[/quote]

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 4:03 pm

Community colleges are "real" colleges.

If you went to a community college, you went to college.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 4:28 pm

...Not in the sense I mean .
Not " going away to college " .
(Yes , yes , I realize you are LITERALLY RIGHT .)
Not ~ no ~ " the experience " ~ for one thing .
(And , yes too , I am not diagreeing that someone may/even " for their own good " need/be nessecated to go to community college - " Night School , Etcetera " (NSE) , I call it , just as I call " normal " , " sleepaway/BA track/' normal ' " college the Australian term (Even if I can't travel there ! :lol: ...! !) " uni " . I Have Acknowledged That I could , even now , have to do that first . Okay ? So , please do not lecture me in that direction .)
I guess it was the sub-librarian who " had his mellow harshed " :( :evil: ) , not the cop .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 4:50 pm

...I really want to get this up FAST , ,KK , and my time ran out on thelibrarycomputerandI haddagetanotherXtra...(there was no-one waiting for th' 'puters , so possible) computer pass...
I am not putting down any community college experience you (or anyone else here) had ~ I AM talking about ME , now especially :cry: !
Staying at residential uni , just for - two - would let my immediate needs be taken care of , as well as marking an immediate massive increase in my social status..." ' student ' , not homeless! :(

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 4:53 pm

...MY mother , then , back in Andy Gibb and Player's heyday , was shooting down my immediate " now my teenage fun starts " dreams - And nothing like that ever happened later , either :( ...........

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 4:55 pm

...I'll talk about my desires NOW . (I won't even ~ here ~ speak about how , " sensibly " , when I was 26 or so and first HL , I tried to apply to college - My local state university , just to show how " not asking too much " I was , if you didn't notice that ~ And I was SPAT IN THE FACE by the College-Industrial Complex , and not for the last time , neithrt :cry: ...........

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 4:59 pm

...Basically , if I do not get it out of my system to go to uni ~ for real ~ I will die crying , no matter when it is I die :(...Doing at least some is the only passageway/doorway to a post-homeless existence for me . Period .
Literally , probably , too , not just symbolically/emotionally .
Of course , the posters at Prison Talk Online jumped all over me for wanting to go to uni . :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 5:50 pm

Of course you should go to college!

Just get those records together....anyway you can.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 6:27 pm

...To-day I went to the homeless center here and saw the nurse I see there , and I got my feet soaked but nothing more , though she gave me some anti-itching paste - But no Nix , however , apparently the insects I have live in my clothes , not me , and the only way to deal with them is to wash my clothes regularly and shower every other - so the Nix was useless (and expensive) :(

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 1:14 pm

...I'm on more my usual nice basic with the nurse at the Homeless Services Center here , the " too Aspie..." part kind of behind us now...I suppose I might make something of an attempt to get some sort of place to stay here --- Aside from the unliklihood of a " real " place , so-me vague possibility exists of a limited stay at a " nicer/special " couple of shelters which exist here ~ (Remember , the NGuard Shelter I spoke of before is long since season-closed , that's over .)
I don't know how likely it would be , getting in , though .
I am continually afflicted with the insects/itching , remember , apparenly only " washing regularly and clean clothes " will get them - and keep them - gone , and , in my present state , I wager sleeping , at least for a while , from my outdoor spot would be needed . If I cannot get a place that way (or through incarceration) - Should I " go somewhere else " as , as I said , some here have suggested ?
But where to , then ? And ----- how would I pay for it ???????????

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 2:24 pm

...Again , remember all this:
~ I have only one set of clothes , what I'm wearing right now ~ And , they're too thin , not warm enough , I need more clothes just for this set , for cold nights:-( - I never really recovered from having to throw away the infested clothes that I had taken to that mission in Watsonville only to find that they would not wash them , after that throwing those clothes out ~ I don't even have one fully warm set of clothes:-(
I need a belt for my pants , but male , large-sized , belts are REALLY hard to find ~ & expensive .
Only the one set of shoes - starting to come apart and , as well , with the big toes both gone :cry: now , it's hard for me to keep them on with my " foot area " smaller , they tend to slip off my (literally , like 13 EEE or so anyway so kind of hard to even find shoes for) .
My luggage is okay...ish - But the main suitcase is starting the falling-apart process , the strap I carry it on my shoulder with coming loose recently ~ Carrying it that way tends to bump painfully into my thigh , by the way :( I would kinda like to have a real big , carried on my shoulders and upper back and leaving my hands free , camper's backpack , BTW , but it's always been hard for me to havey mo-ney for that type .
My bedding , after the last things were stolen (Aside from the earlier , but very recently stolen bedding that the last-stolen one/s were meant to replace~ :( !)...Uh , the base bottom is coming apart , and the top is just sheets , I should have a tarp or something again to protect me from rain if it starts to rain when I'm out I'll be in a jam ! :(
My pants are beltless drawstring/hospital/jogging pants , since I can't get a belt & belt pants at the same time - My midsectio-n is under-covered - And somewhat chilly then , too :( .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 8:26 pm

Did you get a spot in the "nicer" shelter?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 4:32 pm

...No .
I think it's a matter of signing up for the waiting list ~ Although I am signed for the " bigger "/more stuff-time provided?? of the two ? - I sort of think so but it's a little confusing .
I think I'd have to go check/clarify , physically , at the homeless center (Which has two seperate parts - One of the two with a locked fence around it , where you must show your ID/sign up for one to get7 in ~ It's even over the parking lot part - I was being planned when I left for WA , was there when I came back .) - And , being informed about opens seems to maybe involve more hanging around for announced-then waiting list results and/or calling a lot (I have no cell phone , remember) .