Page 240 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 579  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 1:32 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
this is my last full year as a teen. :o

I understand your teen angst. ;)

But as an aside, it's the 21st century, you're a millenial, that basically means you're an adolescent until you're in your 30s! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 1:39 am

the indian frankincense I took a few hours ago doesn't seem to be doing anything. :|

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 1:28 pm

I hate how noisy my housemate can be.
My room is above the kitchen, and it sounds like no one ever taught her how to be gentle with doors, drawers, tablewear, cutlery. I dont know what the washing machine ever did to her but she must hate washing clothes, its a new machine and the door has been broken at least six months now.
The thing is, I know she is comparatively a quiet person, and that I have lived with much noisier people, but it makes me jump when she bursts into noise making mode.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:31 pm

why do I have to feel so @#$% rotten in the mornings?

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:47 pm

I hate it when people who have something to tell me and don't talk to me directly. Then I wonder if they're making allusions when looking at me a bit too long or if it's just that I don't get it all. I don't know if that would an aspie thing or that I'm too distracted.

Pissed at noise. After a while even cars are too noisy. People don't get that and sort of push me to expose myself to noise. Sometimes I leave home really motivated and one hour later I feel tired, irritated and like in a fog.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 12:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
why do I have to feel so @#$% rotten in the mornings?

it's the evenings and nights for me :x it makes me feel vulnerable since if i happen to have a...."major crisis" at that hour (and my anxiety makes me believe i just might), it will have to be an ER trip since everything else is close, and i doubt my parents would be amused.

...forget that

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 10:33 pm

Two days later, and I'm still steamed. I'm also p!seed that I'm still p!seed.

I know it was politics, and I know you cling to Mommy Dearest in whatever weird coparasitic relationship that is. I will not be treated with that level of disrespect. You fumble at coyness so awkwardly even I could see it plainly, and I know what happens in the background because it's an old retreaded episode.

I hope I was able to make someone's seat hot, but that doesn't matter either way. You traded friendship for politics and approval. F#ck you.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 10:05 am

Sick of trying to connect with people. Plus the usual...

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 5:36 pm

To the people who openly mock me:

Hope that boosts your ego and makes you feel better about yourself.
You are obviously a better person than I am.
Good luck with your life.
Hope you don't die or anything.

:heart: Raleigh.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 3:02 pm

I hate modern product quality!

Beware, long rant...

I bought my headphones about two and a half years ago because they were the only ones to convince me regarding sound balance and quality by not being bass-centered with poor heights - and I could afford them (especially because they stopped producing them and the store put them on discount)!
It was a dream come true. Ironically, even very expensive ones didn't have the balance I would have expected and felt off.
These have a good scale of frequencies covered and are from a company I have made good experiences with throughout my life, so basically childhood years and teens.

Well, the emphasis is on made.
All this ended with these headphones. The casing is a catastrophy. They seemed solid and comfortable at first, but it turns out a fair share of it was just glued. They are supposedly suited and made for outdoor use - I only use them indoors for my PC and literally often just touched them with my finger tips. I didn't throw them around, I didn't do anything odd with them either. Yet they started falling apart revealing the padding inside. What. The. Heck.
On top of that, it turns out my TV (same brand, but a bit older by now) has some HDMI issues that (when connecting my PC to it) causes short screen blackouts and sometimes also audio stops for a second up to a few. This is an issue that is not being addressed and fixed with software updates, it's an issue with HDCP as far as I can tell and some quick internet research revealed that many other TVs by them have the same problem. The whole point in connecting my PC to the TV was so I could enjoy some gaming or online videos or tv media centers on it, it basically defeats that purpose.

My trust in this company is forever broken and I doubt I will buy something with their brand on it again, just like I will never buy a Microsoft input device anymore after this wireless Xbox360 gamepad (also under the assumption "because the product quality was superb in the past"). I'm angered because I know that I can't tape these headphones forever and the increasing amount of bad experiences with products on the market don't make me want to go out and search for years for new headphones. Yes. I was searching for ones I would be happy with for years.

If they break for good and can't fix them, I'll just go back to those rock hard soviet headphones we have - they might not have the same scale of frequencies, but they have a proper balance and still work flawlessly! :x

Why must it be so hard to find a product that will last and have good quality? I hate this money-making trend... :(

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 5:23 pm

I saw one gifted, the intelligence, the heart, the honesty, the executive. Young she is. And she chose a carrier that is way down her abilities. So many people fuc.ing up things for others at that level. She just would rock. But she could do so much more for herself - carrier - even this young, and for others. She's gifted, without as or spd. Yes, she's like.me without the downs. She could do just anything, work in an ambassy. If she were my daughter I would tell her that. But she's not. The best thing I could do was to not f**k it up.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 11:20 pm

Difference between your "Faulty Scenario" from what just happened is that I didn't do it on purpose . :x

But then again, you don't need to know that.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 3:32 am

evil forces in the universe decided to make my new upstairs neighbors my upstairs neighbors

the neighbors who never sleep who don't get what's wrong with being noisy live above the guy whos noise slammindoors/moving furniture nonstop /dropping heavy things
damage his brain cells.kids will be kids yeah it's not u to blame im just lucky

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 10:23 am

Sylvastor wrote:
I hate modern product quality!

Beware, long rant...

I bought my headphones about two and a half years ago because they were the only ones to convince me regarding sound balance and quality by not being bass-centered with poor heights - and I could afford them (especially because they stopped producing them and the store put them on discount)!
It was a dream come true. Ironically, even very expensive ones didn't have the balance I would have expected and felt off.
These have a good scale of frequencies covered and are from a company I have made good experiences with throughout my life, so basically childhood years and teens.

Well, the emphasis is on made.
All this ended with these headphones. The casing is a catastrophy. They seemed solid and comfortable at first, but it turns out a fair share of it was just glued. They are supposedly suited and made for outdoor use - I only use them indoors for my PC and literally often just touched them with my finger tips. I didn't throw them around, I didn't do anything odd with them either. Yet they started falling apart revealing the padding inside. What. The. Heck.
On top of that, it turns out my TV (same brand, but a bit older by now) has some HDMI issues that (when connecting my PC to it) causes short screen blackouts and sometimes also audio stops for a second up to a few. This is an issue that is not being addressed and fixed with software updates, it's an issue with HDCP as far as I can tell and some quick internet research revealed that many other TVs by them have the same problem. The whole point in connecting my PC to the TV was so I could enjoy some gaming or online videos or tv media centers on it, it basically defeats that purpose.

My trust in this company is forever broken and I doubt I will buy something with their brand on it again, just like I will never buy a Microsoft input device anymore after this wireless Xbox360 gamepad (also under the assumption "because the product quality was superb in the past"). I'm angered because I know that I can't tape these headphones forever and the increasing amount of bad experiences with products on the market don't make me want to go out and search for years for new headphones. Yes. I was searching for ones I would be happy with for years.

If they break for good and can't fix them, I'll just go back to those rock hard soviet headphones we have - they might not have the same scale of frequencies, but they have a proper balance and still work flawlessly! :x

Why must it be so hard to find a product that will last and have good quality? I hate this money-making trend... :(

It's cliche to say, but they don't make things like they used to. Consumer goods, and consumer electronics in particular, are so disposable nowadays it's appalling. They may claim to make things more eco-friendly or whatever, but in all actuality constantly producing goods that will wear out and be thrown out in a few years is much worse for the environment than just building something that can and will last for decades. I understand that the march of technological progress is partly to blame for this, but so are the motives of coroporate executives. Companies nowadays WANT you to constantly be throwing out old devices and buying new ones so that they can have a steady source of revenue.

Maybe once some global catastrophe happens, people will once again understand why it's good to have things that are built to last. I bet you're still going to be seeing cars from the 50s in working condition 20 years from now, even if we're out of fossil fuels to power them with. Cars from the 2000s or 2010s on the other hand, probably not.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 6:03 am

Maybe I should just die.
Everything is my fault.
My sickness is my fault.
I"m at fault.
A fault.
Faulty.
Sick.
Die.