Page 494 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 579  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 5:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Fed up with being yelled at at work by a supervisor that isn't my supervisor any more and even isn't a supervisor at all any more. I work in a different department now and I only see him just before my shift ends, yet he still keeps finding things to yell at me about. I don't like being yelled at just because he's pissed off because there's been change. I'm not the one who's changed everything. I just want to be busy and get my work done and come out at 5pm knowing I've done my job. I don't want to be shouted at. I hate being shouted at when I don't deserve it, it triggers my anxiety and makes me tearful. :cry:

Does your employment have a "Human Resources" department?
If so, make a harassment complaint about him.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 5:16 pm

Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Fed up with being yelled at at work by a supervisor that isn't my supervisor any more and even isn't a supervisor at all any more. I work in a different department now and I only see him just before my shift ends, yet he still keeps finding things to yell at me about. I don't like being yelled at just because he's pissed off because there's been change. I'm not the one who's changed everything. I just want to be busy and get my work done and come out at 5pm knowing I've done my job. I don't want to be shouted at. I hate being shouted at when I don't deserve it, it triggers my anxiety and makes me tearful. :cry:

Does your employment have a "Human Resources" department?
If so, make a harassment complaint about him.

HR primarily exists to cover the company's ass, not to benefit employees. She'd likely be better off going to the ex-sup's boss and complaining about the harassment - or to whoever demoted them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 6:50 pm

I'm going to write to the landlords reporting their behaviour upstairs because they are really noisy all night, they seem to be up all the time, I don't hear the baby crying so that must be asleep, but it sounds like they are always doing noisy activities in the bedroom above our bedroom (not sex) all through the night. Yesterday I was rudely woken up at 5am by a strange noise above that sounded like they were scraping a rake up and down the floor. Now it is 12.45am and they are thumping about up there, doing countless miles of walking across the room. WHY DON'T THEY JUST GO TO BED??! !

Yes I know I'm awake too but I'm not making a loud noise. I'm just laying quietly in bed on my phone typing this post. I'm not walking around the room several times, and even if I did it probably wouldn't disturb them because I'm downstairs. They need to consider that there are people below them. It's not rocket science. I think people just do this on purpose because they somehow know that I dislike noise. Or the landlords just give people with noisy habits upstairs apartments, like people with insomnia that must do noisy activities all night, or people with agoraphobia that are there 24/7, or people with OCD that must vacuum 5 times a day, or people that can't stand carpets so they have to have hardwood floors in every room, or people with babies that cry more than the average baby.

I'm going to say to the landlords that they're up all night stamping across the room and banging about. They just need to be made aware that they're making a lot of noise. I've tried the old-fashioned banging a broom on the ceiling but that doesn't make a difference, and I don't want to confront them myself by knocking on their door or writing a note.

Anyway, @Pepe I still don't understand the joke about pillows. Please explain it to me.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 12:31 am

what joke about pillows?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 3:48 am

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
what joke about pillows?

Pepe posted a picture of pillows and said this will help cope with the noise. It's supposed to be a joke or something but I don't quite get it.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Apr 2022, 6:09 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'm going to write to the landlords reporting their behaviour upstairs because they are really noisy all night, they seem to be up all the time, I don't hear the baby crying so that must be asleep, but it sounds like they are always doing noisy activities in the bedroom above our bedroom (not sex) all through the night. Yesterday I was rudely woken up at 5am by a strange noise above that sounded like they were scraping a rake up and down the floor. Now it is 12.45am and they are thumping about up there, doing countless miles of walking across the room. WHY DON'T THEY JUST GO TO BED??! !
You really should write and if possible, make recordings. In any event you should certainly make contemporaneous notes but, respectfully, log the events without your feelings about them - those are better summarised in an "emotional harms" statement accompanying the notes.

These logs will carry much more weight if they describe the events occurring over a few weeks, which should help dispel any "but it's only very occasionally" countering. If you're able to establish a long-running series of repeated events this should go a long way to backing claims of a continual nuisance - which in turn, would provide your landlord with more ammunition when he speaks to your neighbors.

You are entitled to peacefully hold your tenancy without nuisance from the landlord - or other tenants.
If you have a written tenancy agreement check for clauses covering noise and/or antisocial behavior. These would normally be written in terms of what the tenant (you) should not do but of course, that applies equally to your noisy neighbors.

This, or related links on the page, might be useful: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housi ... greements/

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 6:18 am

I started having gluttony again.
I can't spit them out.

Guilty haunts me.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2022, 10:31 am

Hate feeling like this. I feel like i am constantly trying to hide the fact that i am autistic/different. My parents both ignore the issue and would rather get angry at me when i share my feelings. And my therapist isn't available.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 3:52 am

Cornflake wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
You really should write and if possible, make recordings. In any event you should certainly make contemporaneous notes but, respectfully, log the events without your feelings about them - those are better summarised in an "emotional harms" statement accompanying the notes.

These logs will carry much more weight if they describe the events occurring over a few weeks, which should help dispel any "but it's only very occasionally" countering. If you're able to establish a long-running series of repeated events this should go a long way to backing claims of a continual nuisance - which in turn, would provide your landlord with more ammunition when he speaks to your neighbors.

You are entitled to peacefully hold your tenancy without nuisance from the landlord - or other tenants.
If you have a written tenancy agreement check for clauses covering noise and/or antisocial behavior. These would normally be written in terms of what the tenant (you) should not do but of course, that applies equally to your noisy neighbors.

This, or related links on the page, might be useful: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housi ... greements/

I think I may record their noise. It occurs all day, every day. I thought these neighbours would be quieter than the agoraphobic, insomnic obsessive cleaner we had before, but it turns out they're more noisier. Last night (at about midnight) I was sitting in the living-room quietly reading a magazine, when I heard their thundering footsteps above for about 20 minutes, then all of a sudden there was a huge bang that made me jump 6 feet in the air. Honestly, I really do not know what they do. :roll: It's making me a nervous wreck.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Apr 2022, 4:42 am

:thumright: Good - gather ammunition before entering a battle!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 4:49 am

Cornflake wrote:

My boyfriend won't let me do it as he fears it might cause unwanted trouble. He's the type to prefer not to get involved with neighbours too much. I do understand where he's coming from but at the same time I really want the neighbours to be aware that we can hear them all day and all night. I was thinking of writing a note but I don't know what to write without sounding confronting.

I think it's karma. When I was a kid I was a nightmare to live next door to (even though we lived in a family house with a large garden, not a small apartment above people). The man who lived next door hated me. So now I think I'm getting karma from all that. But like I said, I'd rather hear noise next door or underneath than above. Living below noisy people is the worst.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 6:07 am

I really don’t believe “karma” has much to do with your neighbors making noise.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 8:02 am

There's nothing worse than having upstairs neighbours sometimes. They might not realise that they are making a noise.

My neighbour bangs on her ceiling to me when I'm doing something completely innocent like rowing on my rowing machine. I had to adapt it so it made less noise.

I had an upstairs neighbour once who had a dog and I could hear him jumping and playing at the night time. It was really annoying for me but they were oblivious to the noise it was making.

Are you on speaking terms with your neighbours? Do you think you could approach them about the noise without it becoming like a war zone?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 8:11 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'm going to write to the landlords reporting their behaviour upstairs because they are really noisy all night, they seem to be up all the time,

Glad to see you have taken my advice. 8)

You could suggest that the floor could be carpeted if it isn't already. ;)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Apr 2022, 8:21 am

Joe90 wrote:
My boyfriend won't let me do it as he fears it might cause unwanted trouble. He's the type to prefer not to get involved with neighbours too much. I do understand where he's coming from but at the same time I really want the neighbours to be aware that we can hear them all day and all night. I was thinking of writing a note but I don't know what to write without sounding confronting.
I prefer the non-confrontational approach in these situations too.
But this is the purpose of submitting reports to your landlord, to ensure you don't need to get involved - it shouldn't be up to a tenant to enforce tenancy clauses with other tenants.

Quote:
I think it's karma.
It's not.

Pepe wrote:
You could suggest that the floor could be carpeted if it isn't already.
And who will pay for it?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 8:36 am

Joe90 wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

I think it's karma. When I was a kid I was a nightmare to live next door to (even though we lived in a family house with a large garden, not a small apartment above people). The man who lived next door hated me. So now I think I'm getting karma from all that. But like I said, I'd rather hear noise next door or underneath than above. Living below noisy people is the worst.

As a landlord myself, tenant's need to act in a "neighbourly" manner. Basically they need to avoid causing trouble with the neighbours.

I've sent several warnings out to a number of tenants over the years and was in the process of evicting one for poor conduct with neighbors a year ago. Most recent warning was two weeks ago for loud parties late at night.

Landlords can certainly intimidate tenants but the legal clout they have is up to a judge to decide if eviction notices are served as a result. I use warning sparingly but use them with malice intent as a last resort.

The downside of telling the landlord of problems is that they will or won't tell the tenant who made the complaint irrespective of the landlord being the council, a housing association or a private landlord. It's surprising what can slip from even the local authorities if you poke and prod them. I've successfully poked the local council into "revealing" info on the outcome of their county court case of an ex tenant. They will never tell me explicitly but will always knowingly give me enough info to read between the lines.