Page 487 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490 ... 579  Next

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 4:05 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:
^ The problem you run into... responding to and refuting their, often nonsense, posts is feeding them. Yes, we shouldn't feed them but how can you not in some cases? Their posts are designed so you have to respond. AAARRRGGHH.

I don't like when their nonsense seems to be representative of autistic people.

Of course we can all have different opinions and that's fine, but we can't just let these attitudes take over without a counterpoint.

I try my best to decrease my interactions with some people and avoid certain topics. I learned very early on that many arguments here on WP are not worth my energy or time. Feeding the trolls isn't something I set out to do.

However, it becomes quite difficult to not raise my voice when such awful things are being spewed all over WP (even outside of PPR). I am, of course, concerned that many of these posts are intentionally made to incite a response. Also, they seem to have become more common as of late.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 4:24 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I agree that the hateful crap on here is getting old, and I'm sorry to hear that you may be leaving due to it. :(

I'm going to try my best to stay. :heart: Thanks for caring <3

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 4:26 pm

Flown wrote:
I'm going to try my best to stay. :heart: Thanks for caring <3

Woohoo in large print! :heart:

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 4:07 pm

I don't know what's up with people in my day-to-day life, but it's like they don't remember or don't care that I have issues. And it's not like I even talk to a lot of people. These are people who know me well. They know I can't handle all the sh** they are trying to drop on me, but they keep doing it, and adding more, then getting bent out of shape that I'm not doing. Wtf? It's like they think I'm some helper monkey or something. It's like they forgot that I'm not only a human being, but a human being who handles stress really poorly. I'm trying hard to not lose my sh** on someone, but I'm getting near the end of my rope here. I have too much on my plate right now to take on anymore. And it's like the few people in my daily life collectively decided to give no fu**s and keep tossing more at me. I'm trying hard to not lose my sh** here, but it's not easy. I think I'm going to go drink now and ignore the world. Healthy coping skills at their finest. Fml.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 12:35 pm

I have been putting off this rant for a while, but some things needed to be said.

I have witnessed my dad beating my mom many times as a kid, and it really hurts. My stepdad doesn't understand this because every FREAKING day, he watches crime dramas with the volume turned up all the way. This would often trigger me and make me flashback to my horrible childhood. To other people it's no big deal, but to me, I may as well listen to a snuff film; I would get upset whenever I hear a woman scream and cry and get hurt.

One time, I got pissed at my stepdad for watching Chicago PD when I wanted to watch Young Sheldon. I yelled at him for watching the former, and he claimed that I only missed a minute of the latter. I didn't care, I wanted to watch something that isn't so violent.

I think my stepdad only cares about his daughters and not me, because he never seems to appreciate me anymore. Whenever I cry, he yells at me, but doesn't yell at his own daughters when they do the same. Wow, favoritism much?!

I'm just at the end of my rope, but I don't want to have another meltdown, because I knew it would do no good

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 2:34 pm

I'm not going to be using WP anymore.

I've been getting increasingly tired of seeing transphobic BS the entire time I've been on here, and it's become apparent that a good amount of users don't really respect me or other trans people on here, even if they pretend to. It's lowkey dehumanizing to be on a site with a userbase like this, and I honestly shouldn't have stayed here in the first place when I noticed this crap after signing up.

I've also realized that I get a lot more negative feelings than positive ones from using WP due to this, so I guess this is where my time here needs to end.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 2:59 pm

^ That's really sad. Naturally I hope you change your mind, you're irreplaceable and will be sorely missed.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 3:17 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I've been getting increasingly tired of seeing transphobic BS the entire time I've been on here, and it's become apparent that a good amount of users don't really respect me or other trans people on here, even if they pretend to. It's lowkey dehumanizing to be on a site with a userbase like this, and I honestly shouldn't have stayed here in the first place when I noticed this crap after signing up.

I've also realized that I get a lot more negative feelings than positive ones from using WP due to this, so I guess this is where my time here needs to end.

That's disappointing but I get it. Don't lose touch, your friendship is appreciated.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 3:39 pm

There are a few transphobics on here…..but it’s not in the majority.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 3:41 pm

Cyberhug to you (((HeroOfHyrule)))

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 3:45 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

That's sad. You will be missed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 5:51 pm

I hope you come back, Hero.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 6:12 pm

@ Hero,

This should not be happening.

I hope this is a wakeup call to remind people of the rules:

TallyMan, 23 July 2012

You're a valued and greatly esteemed member here. One of our finest.

I'll miss you terribly. Please keep in touch.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 8:19 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Oh God I hope it isn't me who made you feel like this.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 9:35 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I've thought about it, and I'm in agreement. I think I may actually be joining HoH. I felt the urge to leave earlier in the week (after axeman's antics), but some other members here pleaded that I stay. I truly value those few kind souls that i have interacted with here on WP, but I just don't think things will change here in terms of the blatant racism, sexism, classism, and homophobia. I've been hiding in the game forums for the most part, keeping my head in the sand when it comes to the nasty rhetoric which has spread throughout the site. I can't have a real CONVERSATION here, and it is maddening. I have felt like the minority since I joined, and things have definitely not improved as of late. Even my partner has commented on the mood that WP puts me in and doesn't see why I am staying.

I'm staying in contact with HoH over Discord. If anyone else wants to stay in touch, please let me know.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 9:41 am

Well it's sad to see you both go. You're both good people on WP and you will be missed.

WP needs people like you both to highlight these things. You may not see it but you do make a difference.

Where ever you both go in the future then I wish you all the very best.

Keep up the good work and be lucky x