Page 485 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488 ... 579  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 12:37 pm

... Severe headache from out of nowhere.
It was so painful, it could've spiralled into a meltdown if I never had any to restraint enough to reach a painkiller.

It's painful enough for me for nearly losing it.

I'm sure it came from that previous sickness... Of course, the source is the same -- this damnable chronic nuisance that already screwed my head and possibly ruined my ears.
I won't be surprised if it threatened my life at any point because it's just sneezing. :roll:

It's been 12 hours since I took that painkiller.
And now it's lingering back, gradually getting worse.
For now it's a bit tolerable. Unsure if it'll be as painful as it was this afternoon.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 1:23 pm

Freaking out about our potential move to Maine.

Is this a huge mistake? Can I handle another big change? Will I be miserable no matter where I live?

If the house closing goes through without a hitch, will we be able to move safely (through wintry conditions)? Where will we put our motorhome until Spring? How will we move our things from the motorhome TO the house?

Why won't my brain shut the f**k up!??! !

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:12 pm

When are you thinking of moving to Maine?

The conditions right now there are pretty mild. There's actually no snow at all in eastern Maine at this point. Only in the western part, where the mountains are.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
When are you thinking of moving to Maine?

The conditions right now there are pretty mild. There's actually no snow at all in eastern Maine at this point. Only in the western part, where the mountains are.

It is dependent on the whens/ifs of the house closing. Predicted move is sometime in February if all inspections pass. We would be moving to one of the snowiest parts (North Central Maine near Moosehead Lake).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 6:33 pm

Moosehead Lake is about 1 1/2 hours by car from Bangor, ME.

Nice area. Make sure you have lots of heat in your home!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 7:18 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Autistic people struggle with empathy but they don't necessarily lack the ability completely. It's just a hard thing to utilise for us.

I can empathise deeply in quiet, calming surroundings, but lose the ability in sensory-overloading environments.

I have too much empathy. Like if I see someone make an embarrassing social faux pas (whether they're NT or not) I feel embarrassed for them to the point where it makes me anxious as though I was the one who'd done a social faux pas.

Or if someone's voice goes croaky and they don't clear their throat, I start clearing my throat because I can somehow feel a croaky feeling in my throat even though it isn't there. I also yawn when others yawn (something not all NTs do).

Since my mum got ill, and when she sadly passed away, I have learnt a lot about NTs and empathy. When she was ill, she had a lot of caring close relatives that did sympathise with her, but she often said that people don't fully understand how ill she felt, not just physically but emotionally. Her emotional needs were often overlooked. She said so herself that when people are not suffering with cancer themselves they don't 100% understand how truly terrifying it is unless they have it themselves. So empathy isn't just NT Vs autistics, it is anyone Vs anyone not going through the same experience.

And when my mum passed away you wouldn't believe how many NT people admitted they don't always know what to say or feel awkward when offering me comfort. It doesn't mean they lacked empathy though, as they cared very deeply but didn't always know how to put it into words appropriately. Men especially.

So I think the way we feel and show empathy isn't out of the ordinary when you think about it. And the words people here used in my thread when my mum first passed away just proved that autistics do feel and express empathy even if they feel awkward doing so or worry that they say the wrong thing or something. That, in itself, is empathy.

But the way I see it, there are no right or wrong things to say to someone who is grieving (within reason, that is). If the thought is there, then that's all that counts. If they're unsure of what to say but still care then that counts too. There was one person who didn't care at all, and that was my uncle's ex-wife. But I won't go into all that.

Anyway, this post wasn't a rant....sorry about that. :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2021, 11:05 am

Men should be allowed personal space to air their feelings for the better of a community. Silencing men is not okay. And I say 'men' in a biological sense, not in an 'identity' sense, there.

Don't judge them by your standards. If you are a liar who mentions somebody's name over & over, don't expect a biological man to do the same.

It is perfectly acceptable to use loose characteristics in an anonymous way to talk about people in a biological man's life.

If you know they (a biological man) is talking about you - that is only because you have volunteered your attention to understand such a thing.

The world is not your space - it is everyone's space.

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 16 Dec 2021, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2021, 11:35 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Moosehead Lake is about 1 1/2 hours by car from Bangor, ME.

Nice area. Make sure you have lots of heat in your home!

As of right now, the home has 88,000 btu of propane heat. There are some electric space heaters too. We will likely be closing off rooms/areas that aren't in use to increase the efficiency. We would like to get the fireplace back in working order and possibly install radiant heat floors (this probably wouldn't be possible in a short time though). This is all if everything works out...

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2021, 7:26 pm

The freaks at UPS are freaking con artists!!

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:21 am

My body is a jerk.

I'm in my PMDD week, so my hypermobility has increased (relaxin is released post-ovulation and pre-menstruation). My jaw popped out of place last night while laughing. My joints are killing me. I'm having to be extra careful not to roll an ankle. My ribs are popping when I breathe. My GI symptoms are making it difficult to eat much without discomfort. My energy levels are low, and I'm just ready to fast-forward a few days so I can get over this monthly torture that is the leadup to my period.

I also had to take a "normal" dose of my anxiety meds last night because I could feel another adrenaline surge coming on. I feel so groggy this morning as a result.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 7:17 am

I hate jerky bodies myself…..

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I hate jerky bodies myself…..

why can't they be more cooperative? don't they know I have things to do/accomplish?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:21 am

I do wish they would listen!! !!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Dec 2021, 9:24 pm

I really don't like people who excersize poor judgment about me. I'm NOT a bad person. X(

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 9:50 pm

^ That rings a bell with me. I'm constantly obsessing about the negative traits in my personality, then have to tell myself 'I'm not such a bad person' just to preserve what's left of my sanity...

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 5:19 pm

What the f**k is up with the sound of Amazon delivery vans??? It's like a goose got stuck in the muffler or something. Can't they use ice cream truck music, for all the giddy adults expecting their packages????