Page 506 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509 ... 579  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 12:55 pm

I feel I'm not allowed to have emotions here either. I mostly post my fears and anxieties in the haven but even then I get mocked, made fun of, invalidated by just a small number of insensitive people. I think people like being insensitive. They just see my posts and think "and she's off on one again, let's be snarky and post something rude or inconsiderate, serves her right for complaining...in the haven".

If you don't like sorrowful posts then DON'T POST IN THE HAVEN. Just like I don't like threads about Donald Trump so I don't post in them, or I don't like the off the wall games threads so I don't post in those. Simple.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 1:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I feel I'm not allowed to have emotions here either. I mostly post my fears and anxieties in the haven but even then I get mocked, made fun of, invalidated by just a small number of insensitive people. I think people like being insensitive. They just see my posts and think "and she's off on one again, let's be snarky and post something rude or inconsiderate, serves her right for complaining...in the haven".

If you don't like sorrowful posts then DON'T POST IN THE HAVEN. Just like I don't like threads about Donald Trump so I don't post in them, or I don't like the off the wall games threads so I don't post in those. Simple.

Sweet Pea hugs

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 3:38 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Yeah I'm a c**t sometimes. Sorry

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 9:36 pm

I was listening to music on Spotify and a song came on that gave me anxiety and made me really angry. My parents used to f*****g blare the same few songs all the time throughout my childhood + adolescence, and before my hearing was somewhat damaged from ear infections it would hurt my ears and make me have meltdowns. They'd tease me for having meltdowns, and insult me by telling me I "hate music" and other dumb s**t. I couldn't even go into another room to avoid it because it'd be so loud. I honestly think sometimes they did it on purpose since they knew it stressed me out. Now whenever I hear those songs or those bands I instinctively get really angry.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 5:43 am

Joe90 wrote:

How extremely rude! I mean them not you. I don't think you 'go off on one'. You just seem to be normal with normal emotions IMO. I wish people accepted emotions.

Yes I agree, people like being 'clever' and posting a 'funny' comment rather than doing the hard work of empathising and trying to help.

It's society today. It's all about image and appearance. We have to appear cool and 'on trend' instead of being authentic. If we hit 'the wrong note' we are mocked. I cannot keep up with trends and images, I am who I am.

I wonder if some people even have emotions because they don't seem to understand or empathise with emotions. Maybe that's the reason: human emotions are disappearing and people are now solely focused on money and power. It's beyond me. I can't be unemotional.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 5:45 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
KitLily wrote:
I have seriously given up on people.

Obviously I am a nice person and I try to be helpful, kind, friendly to others.

But THE MINUTE I have a bad moment e.g. tired, hungry, scared (you know, a normal human emotion! Like humans have) I get people saying 'ah we knew your mask would fall off soon' 'you're not as nice as we thought' etc.

Basically saying 'you're not allowed to have emotions, you must be perfect 24/7.' 'you having problems is all about ME! You've hurt ME by daring to have a problem of your own.'

I've given up trying to connect to others because of this, because sooner or later I 'sin' by daring to have an emotion. After which I am excluded and left out.

I am human. I am not perfect. I have emotions. Let me live. Or maybe I'll just stop communicating.

Sweet Pea hugs

Thank you, and same to you. I'll give you rose hugs because I can see a rose from here.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 6:09 am

KitLily wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

How extremely rude! I mean them not you. I don't think you 'go off on one'. You just seem to be normal with normal emotions IMO. I wish people accepted emotions.

Yes I agree, people like being 'clever' and posting a 'funny' comment rather than doing the hard work of empathising and trying to help.

It's society today. It's all about image and appearance. We have to appear cool and 'on trend' instead of being authentic. If we hit 'the wrong note' we are mocked. I cannot keep up with trends and images, I am who I am.

I wonder if some people even have emotions because they don't seem to understand or empathise with emotions. Maybe that's the reason: human emotions are disappearing and people are now solely focused on money and power. It's beyond me. I can't be unemotional.

I can always see that I've done something because I'm fully aware that I'm doing something and if that something has upset someone then I'll apologise.

What frustrates me (and I am in danger of getting a warning from the mods here) is that some people go around the place saying what they like and they seem completely oblivious that they themselves are offending people. I have felt absolutely offended by a certain person's posts on here and at times I have reacted passive aggressively or directly offensive back to them. And it's usually me who gets warnings for this.

The difference with them is that they seem unable to introspect and so they just point the finger, oblivious to themselves and just carry on carrying on.

I don't doubt that they may have serious intellectual and emotional issues and problems. But you can't on one hand imply that people on this site offer no help at all and that you've been advised to not post on here because we're of no use and then post all about yourself and expect every single person to pander to your whims. That to me is more offensive than what I have done.

I have quite good empathy but sometimes my sympathy for certain people runs thin especially when they seem to want all the sympathy whilst at the same time they are being offensive to other people.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 6:14 am

babybird wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I can always see that I've done something because I'm fully aware that I'm doing something and if that something has upset someone then I'll apologise.

Yes, I wasn't directing my post at you personally. Or at anyone personally. I was just sounding off about people and society in general. I'm generally not directing anything at anyone personally, I just say how I feel, or give out interesting information that I think people might like.

I know what you mean. People can wind us up over and over again, yet when we react and tell them we're upset with them, WE are the bad guys. I've had this happen so much to me. I don't know the solution.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 6:15 am

I know you wasn't directing your post at me KitLily :)

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 6:36 am

babybird wrote:
I know you wasn't directing your post at me KitLily :)

Good because I seem to always be upsetting people. I start talking about something random and someone says 'do you mean me? How dare you direct that at me? I've never been so insulted!' and then they storm off, leaving me completely confused 8O

Like I watched an episode of the Big Bang Theory where Penny was upset because a prettier woman moved in nearby and was taking all the attention of Leonard, Howard and Raj away from her.

Sheldon said, 'occasionally a new queen bee will arrive while the old queen is still in power. When this happens, the old queen must either locate to a new hive, or engage in a battle to the death until only one queen remains.'

Penny said, 'what are you saying? That I'm threatened by Alisha, that I'm like the old queen of the hive and it's time for me to go?'

Sheldon said, 'I'm just talking about bees, they're on the Discovery channel. What are you talking about?'

That sums up my life :lol:

The scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1nkPG9FtKg

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 5:31 pm

I don't see how I can be offending others when writing posts about my anxieties. And the haven is what it's there for. Sometimes it's a godsend for me. But when I get the feeling that people are making fun of my emotional distress, it's very upsetting. Some people here don't seem to understand anxiety disorders. But I have an anxiety disorder. I can't help it. It's the way my brain is wired. It's a disorder, like autism and ADHD. I wish people would understand that. Maybe anxiety disorder isn't as common with autistic people as I thought. It seems to be a co-morbid with me, not a symptom, and it's my main problem. And I don't think there are many spectrumers who have anxiety as intense as me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 2:57 am

Joe90 wrote:
I don't see how I can be offending others when writing posts about my anxieties. And the haven is what it's there for. Sometimes it's a godsend for me. But when I get the feeling that people are making fun of my emotional distress, it's very upsetting. Some people here don't seem to understand anxiety disorders. But I have an anxiety disorder. I can't help it. It's the way my brain is wired. It's a disorder, like autism and ADHD. I wish people would understand that. Maybe anxiety disorder isn't as common with autistic people as I thought. It seems to be a co-morbid with me, not a symptom, and it's my main problem. And I don't think there are many spectrumers who have anxiety as intense as me.

That you feel as if you're the only autistic person with anxiety is something you need to discuss with your therapist. Also you could discuss all your hangups with race, gender, and all the other things that obviously make you feel alienated and ask him how come it is that some people get offended by your use of language around these issues. Then you could maybe ask your therapist how come you offend people when you talk about autistic people not being good enough to be able to help with your problems even though you still keep talking about it to us. And maybe as well you could tell your therapist about all the problems in your relationship and ask why it is that when you tell the autistic community about these issues people seem to take your side over his but then you completely throw the advice in their faces and make us feel as though we have said something wrong.

Also your therapist might be better qualified to advise you on how your words and actions can have a negative impact on others. They might be able to also help you to introspect and learn a little bit about empathy.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 3:51 am

babybird wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

That you feel as if you're the only autistic person with anxiety is something you need to discuss with your therapist. Also you could discuss all your hangups with race, gender, and all the other things that obviously make you feel alienated and ask him how come it is that some people get offended by your use of language around these issues. Then you could maybe ask your therapist how come you offend people when you talk about autistic people not being good enough to be able to help with your problems even though you still keep talking about it to us. And maybe as well you could tell your therapist about all the problems in your relationship and ask why it is that when you tell the autistic community about these issues people seem to take your side over his but then you completely throw the advice in their faces and make us feel as though we have said something wrong.

Also your therapist might be better qualified to advise you on how your words and actions can have a negative impact on others. They might be able to also help you to introspect and learn a little bit about empathy.

You're putting words in my mouth now. I've never said anywhere that I'm the only Aspie with anxiety. I just meant I seem to have more intense anxiety than a lot of Aspies. I've never said anywhere that autistic people aren't good enough to help with my problems. And I don't have hang ups with race. You're making me look like I'm a really horrible member of WP. I don't know why the mods haven't banned me yet.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 4:46 am

Also ask your therapist to explain the difference between being PC and just simply having consideration for people from different demographics.

If you cannot see how the language that you choose to use may ultimately cause offence then you also need to get that looked into.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 5:24 am

My therapist would just say that the opinion of one person out of several shouldn't dominate my thoughts. But it does.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 5:50 am

You made my original thought on this subject all about you. You could have just ignored it but you chose to make an issue out of it.

You've dragged other people into it by keep addressing it and making it about yourself. And then writing about it in another section of the site.

I didn't mention your name. It was anonymous and now the whole forum is involved. You have done that to yourself. Not me.

For all you know it might not have even started off as being about you.

It should be me complaining that I can't even have a little rant about something to myself without someone making it about them.