Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 8:41 am

It seems to me that you are a person who has quite strong principles.

That is a good thing.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 9:14 am

teksla wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
...Can I ask what religion they follow in particular?...

Shes christian.

Well, generally Christians do believe in God. Was she born into this religion (does her family practice?) Or is this something she is learning about?
If her family is Christian and she was brought up Christian then her questioning of the existence of God is a big deal for her. And she may not be fully able to express her feelings.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 9:29 am

The main reason why I'm on WP is because I always run into people that are like me, my people, if you will. I also tend to avoid gatherings and such. I skipped my mother's funeral. I skipped my father's funeral. If there was a family reunion I'd pass. As it is I really don't like going into supermarkets or malls because of all the stimuli around me. Yes, people think I'm odd and that has bothered me deeply for years. But you know what? I'm older now and I don't mind being different. I accept who I am and if people don't like it, then too bad.

Hang in there. You didn't f*ck up. I'm proof that life gets better in time.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 9:36 am

I f**k up all the time.

I f****d up big time two weeks ago and walked out of my job.

Today I had to swallow my pride and ask for my job back. hahaha...

You're still young.

Wait until you get to my age you'll find that f*****g up is a major part of life.

gamerdad
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2015, 9:45 am

teksla wrote:
I literally got a text saying... one of my friends is no longer my friend.

That's an incredibly childish thing to do. Your friends are being as*holes. Granted, most teenagers are, to some degree or another, and this doesn't really help you navigate your current social environment any easier. But sometimes it helps just to know that when everything seems like it's turning to s**t, at least you weren't the one responsible for causing it.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:36 am

gamerdad wrote:
teksla wrote:
I literally got a text saying... one of my friends is no longer my friend.

That's an incredibly childish thing to do. Your friends are being as*holes. Granted, most teenagers are, to some degree or another, and this doesn't really help you navigate your current social environment any easier. But sometimes it helps just to know that when everything seems like it's turning to s**t, at least you weren't the one responsible for causing it.

One of them isn't my friend anymore and the two others im not sure. I just wanna be alone wiht my special instrests for now.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

teksla wrote:
One of them isn't my friend anymore and the two others im not sure. I just wanna be alone wiht my special instrests for now.

Pre-teen and teenage girls are so cruel. Hugs. I can remember several instances of me doing something socially inappropriate and then being totally ostracized because of it. Teenagers are unforgiving of social infractions. There are people who aren't like that, though. Don't despair that you will never get along with someone. Sometimes it just takes longer for autistic people to find those they connect with.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:46 am

teksla wrote:
I just wanna be alone wiht my special instrests for now.

That sounds like a really good idea. :)

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:47 am

androbot01 wrote:
teksla wrote:

Pre-teen and teenage girls are so cruel. Hugs. I can remember several instances of me doing something socially inappropriate and then being totally ostracized because of it. Teenagers are unforgiving of social infractions. There are people who aren't like that, though. Don't despair that you will never get along with someone. Sometimes it just takes longer for autistic people to find those they connect with.

Right now i feel okay with being alone (with my pet, who is one of my special intrests). But thanks. The friendship went to s**t in like 1 month, but i didnt do anything wrong. So what can you do? (not much)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:49 am

What pet do you have?

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:54 am

androbot01 wrote:
What pet do you have?

Parrot

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:57 am

Cool!
Parrots have such beautifully coloured feathers.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 2:02 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Cool!
Parrots have such beautifully coloured feathers.

Yes and they are super smart and i love my parrot and he loves me (he even says "Love you")

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 2:41 pm

Birds are very intelligent. Especially parrots and crows too. I saw this documentary once where a crow uses a stick to cause a reaction leading to food being released. I think it's neat that parrots talk.
I have a dog and two cat brothers.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 3:10 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Birds are very intelligent. Especially parrots and crows too. I saw this documentary once where a crow uses a stick to cause a reaction leading to food being released. I think it's neat that parrots talk.
I have a dog and two cat brothers.

Cool. I like dogs but i dont like dogs that drool alot/smell bad. But i like cats (although parrots are my favorite animal)

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 3:20 pm

You're doing the right thing by focusing on your special interests right now. Being a teenager is hard, and waiting to grow up is hard. I'm glad not to be a kid anymore, and I can't understand people who think their adolescence was the best part of their lives. To me, that's just sad, because childhood and adolescence vanish, and adulthood is all ahead of you. Even my early adulthood was hard, but now I have cool friends who would never abandon me just because I made a social error. Besides, you didn't do anything really wrong, you just didn't understand your friend. That's part of life, and your former friend will have to learn that if she doesn't want to run out of friends herself one day.

As you get older, so will your potential social contacts. As they mature, they'll accept you better and judge you less - partly because they'll accommodate your difficulties better and partly because they'll know better how to spot when they're the ones with the difficulty.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I had a genuine screw up myself recently, but my friends were kind. I hope you find new friends who handle things better. Remember, not everything is your fault. And I'm so glad you're on Wrong Planet, where people who care can clue you in to that fact - an advantage I wish I'd had at your age!

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com