Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 10:30 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
How often are you expecting to do things? A couple times a month is actually sufficient. I've had times where I went out every night but that gets old fast. Once or twice a week is way plenty and a couple times a month is pretty much the norm, depending on how many friends you have.

Four nights on average a week. Attended up to 5-8 events in total. All are the things I am enjoyable and it is different each time.

Four nights a week is a lot for even very social people. If you want to do that, then do it, but don't set your expectations way above the norm there.

The expectations must be higher than little effort of showing up and meet people. Four is better than none or once a week. I have an effort. That is all.

It like guys going to parties and that find one night stand and that. He have an effort to make this happen. So do the women too. So it works for them?

So why it doesn't work in my case? I have an effort.

LacyDageen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2015, 8:41 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
How often are you expecting to do things? A couple times a month is actually sufficient. I've had times where I went out every night but that gets old fast. Once or twice a week is way plenty and a couple times a month is pretty much the norm, depending on how many friends you have.

Four nights on average a week. Attended up to 5-8 events in total. All are the things I am enjoyable and it is different each time.

Four nights a week is a lot for even very social people. If you want to do that, then do it, but don't set your expectations way above the norm there.

The expectations must be higher than little effort of showing up and meet people. Four is better than none or once a week. I have an effort. That is all.

It like guys going to parties and that find one night stand and that. He have an effort to make this happen. So do the women too. So it works for them?

So why it doesn't work in my case? I have an effort.

1. Doing your best isn't enough if you aren't doing what's required.

2. You're showing up to everything, over and over without making a single genuine connection. No proper friends.

3. You are alienating the people who MIGHT become your friends by coming on WAY too strong on classmates you barely know. I'm guessing you do the same at the 4x weekly events you attend.

4. You're constantly showing up to stuff to meet people, not to partake in the activity/meetup because it interests you. People who go to activities because they enjoy them probably see right through it.

5. Take a break. You're flailing. You're desperate. Your million therapists don't seem to be helping much as a result.

6. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and being unhappy about the same damn result.

7. Consider being less fake. You had a 2-3 day spell of wanting only girls with high morals, being happy as you are, blah blah blah claiming you'd met 3 datable girls... that you never spoke to or asked out.... then back to moaning about being a late-in-life virgin. Figure out who you are and be that person. Don't pretend to be what you think a girl wants!

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2015, 6:49 pm

That is quite harsh to say that to me.

I haven't done any those points.

Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 6:09 am

me too

b966
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2015, 8:48 am

I have the exact same problems. Before I went into high school I wasn't extremely popular but had a good clique of friends but as the HS years passed I noticed more and more people were excluding me from activities until today 4 years later where not a single friend of any kind is left and all attempts to text or talk to people are ignored(unless they want something). What's even weirder is I have an extroverted personality and have taken social classes when I was a kid (that's how I knew the clues people were excluding me) but they've so far equated to still no friends and to the point where im locked in my room for months. There's some people who legitimately act awkward and others where people are just treating them like jerks. I've been put through a lot of other messed up things done by others and that's just a small portion. What I try to do whenever I get depressed about it is just accept it. I also switched to Internet school after being tormented by not only the students but the administration of the public school i used to go to.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 8:46 pm

Yep it's likely the root of all my problems. Wish I'd just been born normal

Icelandcar
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2015, 9:45 pm

Why not try to accept yourself as you are? The autism isn't fixable.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 9:49 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
Challenges makes me tired, stressed and peer pressured by the mainstream rotten society.

So sick of being a tomfoolery. Can't even get friends to invite me like I ask them to. They instead hang out with other people. My social life involves where everyone is invited, like meetup and groups settings.

I had enough now.

Goodbye

What do you mean goodbye?

Are you going to commit suicide?

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider