Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nickdujunco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2007, 4:31 am

there's a first time for everything so here goes...
my problem is with my dad. in as much as i try to love him and be patient with him, i feel that i don't go anywere. he has a temper of a rhino yet he needs us. believe it or not he's the kind of father who says he loves us but never acts appropriately. i do remember when i was five he asked me to close the door when he was but a few steps away from it. and as a child i won't have any idea why it's wrong to answer back (and he does have a knack of picking me to do his dirty works) so i got whacked in my ass. but it didn't stop there. i favored one of my uncles because he was "friendly" (now i know better he's a damn jerk), i told my dad i'll tell him to this uncle of mine and so he whacked me several times. anyway the bottom line is up until now (i'm 26 already) i still feel hurt and angry. in fact the best discription would be stark anger even to a part of his shadow.
i need help

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 4:38 am

Are you living with your dad? I think it helps if you leave your parents' home and have your own space...

nickdujunco

11 Apr 2007, 4:44 am

yes i do... i wish i can do just that but houses here are expensive even for rent (that is here in the philippines)

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 4:51 am

ugh...that must be difficult...I dreadfully need a space of my own...
Does reasoning with your father work? Such as explaining to him that you are not entitled to do his chores and that you would like your own space...etc...

I guess I'm not much of a help...In my case, I resolved my conflict with my parents by leaving home...
There were other difficulties living on my own...but it certainly took care of the conflict...

nickdujunco

11 Apr 2007, 4:54 am

yeah.. tried that. believe me he'll go on to his tantrums and ranting that we're so lazy and all that crap. we even think he has as like me but sometimes i simply think he just whacked.

Ikari_Gendo

12 Apr 2007, 3:33 am

Move out.

Get a roommate. Find a slum apartment. Do what I did and join the Navy. Just get out.

You are never going to convince your father that you aren't still an incompetent toddler.

Then find psychological help to get you past your own issues with the man.

nickdujunco

12 Apr 2007, 6:52 pm

Ikari_Gendo wrote:
Move out.

Get a roommate. Find a slum apartment. Do what I did and join the Navy. Just get out.

You are never going to convince your father that you aren't still an incompetent toddler.

Then find psychological help to get you past your own issues with the man.

that's interesting.... :wink:

beer is the path to the dark side, beer leads to drunkeness, drunkeness to beer tacos, beer tacos to dirty women. once you get a dirty woman on your jock forever will she dominate your destiny!! ! -yoda on one of his beer trips