I hate being victimized...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Benthedemon007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2016, 11:29 am

While yes, I like it when people try and help me, I hate it when people present me as weak. Statements like "bullies pick on those weaker than them", or "those with Aspergers aren't charismatic", or "people with Apergers are more sensitive to things than everyone else". It comes of as calling me feminine. I'm not that macho, but I hate people who make me out to be helpless, and are also very stereotyping. Sure, bullies pick on those more convenient to pick on. However calling those suffering from bullying "weak" will only lower their self-esteem. Does anyone else feel that way?

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 4:08 pm

I agree. It also seems like some people think if you are quiet or different then everything you do is a sign of weakness, even when it's a sign of strength if a more sociable person does the exact same thing. It's frustrating when people feel sorry for you when you make an effort to do well and be better. It also makes it harder to relate to people if they see you as a victim all the time. I just try to be around people who aren't easily influenced by those kinds of people and see me as an equal.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 4:13 pm

I hate it, too. It brings out the wrong emotions in me.