I wish I had a gun so I could shoot myself in the head

Page 7 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 3:28 pm

I'll also say be extremely careful about tapering antidepressants. I really wouldn't be doing that at this time. If you're feeling this bad, please don't mess with your medications. It might be more chemical than you think. Keep things stable. Go back up if you have to.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 3:54 pm

I just don't like to see someone suffer. It's too painful for me; finding a solution which would lessen the pain would be my wish.

I just don't think suicide serves any purpose....and it lessens the chance for your future happiness considerably.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm

cathylynn wrote:
anne, hi. we haven't talked much, but i know you have or had a lover. won't they feel bad about your passing?

winston churchill spoke at a home for orphan boys. he just repeated over and over, "don't give up." the best shrink i ever had told me something that has served me well: life is about giving yourself the best possible chance over and over. sooner or later, something will go right. i had little idea how to do what he suggested, but i learned a lot of practical wisdom from some twelve-step groups.

my autism caused me to lose a profession i studied 11 years for. i wanted to die. fast forward twenty years and dozens of ignored job applications. now i'm happily married and in school for something new. before that, i was psychotic often. i got tired of being terrified out of my mind. i took a bottle full of my pills. i got a long sleep and awoke feeling better. i haven't been psychotic in 21 years. if i had succeeded at killing myself, i would have missed out on my interesting but stable current life. i hope i have helped other people along the way.

i don't believe in an afterlife. if you do go through with your plans, you will likely get your wish of oblivion. or if there is a heaven, everyone goes there. a loving god could do nothing else.

i don't know all the details of why you are feeling so desperate. could be much worse than anything i have ever imagined. a kindergarten teacher with her students on a train to a nazi concentration camp fed all the kids and herself cyanide. i can understand suicide in such a situation. or assisted suicide for a terminal patient who has nothing to look forward to but pain. i just hate the possibility that you could be giving yourself a permanent solution for a temporary problem. i also hate that you are blaming yourself. from what i've read of your posts, you are an articulate, reasonable person. relationships are two-way streets. when things don't work, it's rarely just one person's fault.

I would like to second this as well. Raphael Lemkin, the person who coined the term genocide once contemplated suicide as well. He was a Jew who had escaped Nazi occupied Poland and fled to the United States. Thereafter knowing his family was dead considered bringing his own life to an end. However there he made a decision and that was not to follow through on how he felt. Instead he worked to make the world a better place and prevent such an atrocity that he had felt firsthand from ever happening again. As a result of his future lobbying the United Nations agreed to a resolution that obliged countries to end genocide where it took place. Such things would not have happened had he decided to end his own life and as a result of him deciding to live he was able to work towards ending the pain and suffering that had driven him to depression.

I have personally seen my depression end and I do not believe it can't happen to you. But when it does maybe striving to do something meaningful could work and once you come out of this area that you are in now, the fact is you never know what could happen. You might find you can be helpful to those who have gone through similar strife that alone my be a reason to remain alive.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:08 pm

marshall wrote:
So I'll just say I hope you feel better soon and don't have to continue to feel this way.

Thank you.
marshall wrote:
I'll also say be extremely careful about tapering antidepressants.

So far I'm just changing the time of day that I take them, next time I see her I'm supposed to start lowering the dosage.
I don't mess with my medications. I've overdosed before and it sucks.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don't think suicide serves any purpose....and it lessens the chance for your future happiness considerably.

That it does. ;)

Shahunshah wrote:
I have personally seen my depression end and I do not believe it can't happen to you. But when it does maybe striving to do something meaningful could work and once you come out of this area that you are in now, the fact is you never know what could happen. You might find you can be helpful to those who have gone through similar strife that alone my be a reason to remain alive.

I'm feeling a bit better. Before it seemed like I was stuck somewhere, but it doesn't feel that way today. I think this is because of all the kindness and support I have received in this thread (oh and patience too.)
I have made contact with a neighbour. He is an old guy who moved in when I did. I am going to help him get on the internet tomorrow afternoon. I know he is frustrated with the meth dealer in our hallway, I think the internet may be a ruse to discuss this issue.

I don't now if I can continue with this job. It is one of those "thank you for calling x today, how can I help you," jobs. I'd rather finish my course so that I can do transcription work. (and work on writing.) I am just so sick of being poor.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 7:17 pm

This is why I wish you can find a job counseling people in some way.

How you relate to that old guy is confirmation of this.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 7:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This is why I wish you can find a job counseling people in some way.

How you relate to that old guy is confirmation of this.
I second this.

Also just out of interest but what's the story behind this meth dealer.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
...what's the story behind this meth dealer.

OMG. I don't know if he moved in to this building because there were a lot of addicts here, or if he turned them into addicts after he moved in. I can't see the situation continuing as it is. The police are here twice a week because someone is freaking out in the parking lot.
He is a scary dude. I wouldn't cross him. I hear people without cash begging him to give them something. People's cries and screams echoing through the walls.
There are people coming and going all the time across the hall, some stay for a few days, but people knock on his door at least twice an hour 24 hours a day. Arguments and shouting all the time. I leave my fan on which drowns out the noise.
Like I said, the situation is explosive and can't last long. They are dealing over the fence onto the side street, which is a nice neighbourhood. People notice this stuff.
It is certainly an education in the underclass, of which I seem to be a part.
Anyway, they are going to be adding an addition to the building and renovating the whole thing. So it's only a matter of time before things change.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:16 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
...what's the story behind this meth dealer.

OMG. I don't know if he moved in to this building because there were a lot of addicts here, or if he turned them into addicts after he moved in. I can't see the situation continuing as it is. The police are here twice a week because someone is freaking out in the parking lot.
He is a scary dude. I wouldn't cross him. I hear people without cash begging him to give them something. People's cries and screams echoing through the walls.
There are people coming and going all the time across the hall, some stay for a few days, but people knock on his door at least twice an hour 24 hours a day. Arguments and shouting all the time. I leave my fan on which drowns out the noise.
Like I said, the situation is explosive and can't last long. They are dealing over the fence onto the side street, which is a nice neighbourhood. People notice this stuff.
It is certainly an education in the underclass, of which I seem to be a part.
Anyway, they are going to be adding an addition to the building and renovating the whole thing. So it's only a matter of time before things change.
Seems kind of dangerous to be honest at least that is how I might find it. I can certainly see why this old guy is frustrated.

Are any of the people that knock on this guy's door your neighbours?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Seems kind of dangerous to be honest at least that is how I might find it.

It is. He's not the only dealer in the building either. There's a guy down the other wing that deals out of his window.

Shahunshah wrote:
I can certainly see why this old guy is frustrated.

For sure. Like I said though, things will change.

Shahunshah wrote:
[/quote]
Some are.
The guy in the other wing has higher-end clientele; they drive here and pick up from him. The meth guy's customers are desperate and often mentally ill.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:29 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Seems kind of dangerous to be honest at least that is how I might find it.

It is. He's not the only dealer in the building either. There's a guy down the other wing that deals out of his window.

Shahunshah wrote:
I can certainly see why this old guy is frustrated.

For sure. Like I said though, things will change.

Shahunshah wrote:

Some are.
The guy in the other wing has higher-end clientele; they drive here and pick up from him. The meth guy's customers are desperate and often mentally ill.[/quote] It looks like they have some heavy troubles they are going through as well.

Have you talked to any of your neighbours who are also drug addicts.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:46 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
It looks like they have some heavy troubles they are going through as well.

They are not big talkers. Most of them are pretty stuck in their own head. I smile and say hi and they respond in kind. Some of the more severely ill are lost in their own world. They don't even see others.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:56 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
It looks like they have some heavy troubles they are going through as well.

They are not big talkers. Most of them are pretty stuck in their own head. I smile and say hi and they respond in kind. Some of the more severely ill are lost in their own world. They don't even see others.
Well its different for everyone I guess. You can't always tell. The fact that they are responding to you indicates that they are capable of communication.

Kind of reminds me of an experience I had in San Francisco. Basically I saw this person shirtless intensely scratching themselves whilst remaining completely obliovious to traffic. That and seeing many other people affected my view of the city.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 9:23 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Kind of reminds me of an experience I had in San Francisco. Basically I saw this person shirtless intensely scratching themselves whilst remaining completely obliovious to traffic. That and seeing many other people affected my view of the city.

San Francisco or cities in general. I would like to live in cottage country myself. I little house by a lake. Away from the unpleasantness that life has to offer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 9:58 pm

^^^I live in the sticks away from most people, in a tin can surrounded by tall trees and dense brush. it is therapeutic. I hope you can find something like this for yourself as well.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 1:26 am

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

San Francisco or cities in general. I would like to live in cottage country myself. I little house by a lake. Away from the unpleasantness that life has to offer.
Have you thought about making that your goal?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 7:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^I live in the sticks away from most people, in a tin can surrounded by tall trees and dense brush. it is therapeutic. I hope you can find something like this for yourself as well.

Shahunshah wrote:
Have you thought about making that your goal?

It is one of my goals. Maybe one day.

So I've resigned from my new job. I might as well do it now before I totally lose it. I think Bea said on the first page that this is what I should do. Funny how the most obvious solution takes me so long to come to; but I am stubborn and I don't like to not be able to do things. (If you're still reading this, Bea, I am sorry I upset you.)

Now that I have sent my letter of resignation I will turn my full attention to my transcription course which had been going really well.

I still feel pretty awful. I think I may have had a massive meltdown. I didn't cut myself this time and I think it's because I was able to turn to you guys for support. I cannot express how much of a difference the people of WrongPlanet have made in my life, this time and in times previously.