My underwear was stolen!

Page 4 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2017, 7:21 am

drwho222 wrote:
Didn't ask WHY you eat that with two teeth, I asked HOW. So if that's the way you do things, don't cry about your lack of money, feet wounds, and heart disease. Its a clear cut case of self inflicted damage.

I have only 2 teeth that meet, and that's how I eat.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2017, 7:45 am

drwho222 wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
...I have things endlessly stolen :( and am, as is the story of ,y life with authority figuures in general, endlessly hurry-hurriy-rushed from place to place like a medevia(Sp??)l peasant! THis makes good stability, and building things up, very difficult :cry: .

Did you even read my suggestions? You spend to much on things you dont need like fast food. You probably could get a place to stay, if you buckled down. You have an income which is something that many homeless dont. Your priorities are all wrong. College? You need to address your health issues first, and you could do that by simply eating better.

I'm in agreement with Om--as I see it, you yourself are responsible for your situation.

DrWho222 - You just don't get it. ASP's world is nothing you would recognize. Your suggestions might as well be from the Land of Oz. How unpleasant to read such sensible and impossible suggestions.

ASP has many friends here. Think: why? Because we like him and respect him. Your messages do not carry respect. Please go to a shelter and tell them you were sent by somebody who says you don't understand. Do not preach - just listen. Or call up the local saint who founded the shelter.

As for being responsible for our own situation - everybody is. You have only yourself to blame for your narrow understanding.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2017, 8:03 am

drwho222 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
HEY!! ! ! !

The Haven is a safe space to vent.

If you don't have anything helpful to say, kindly shut up.

HEY yourself. I said plenty that was helpful. He ignored it.

You commit the huge error of believing your suggestions are possible.
Maybe elsewhere they might be. Please inject respect to your posts.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm

...Right now, I am in Santa Cruz, and am in thhe main hospital there. Immediately, that is what I wanted, to get some immediate treatment for my foot, and get connections to more. And disconnevt myself from Hot Team.
I don't know what I'll do once I get out, I came with little money and a much too heavy amount of stuff, though still little - I carried only one pair shoes, for instance.
.whay I was wearing :( ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:49 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Right now, I am in Santa Cruz, and am in thhe main hospital there. Immediately, that is what I wanted, to get some immediate treatment for my foot, and get connections to more. And disconnevt myself from Hot Team.
I don't know what I'll do once I get out, I came with little money and a much too heavy amount of stuff, though still little - I carried only one pair shoes, for instance.
.whay I was wearing :( ...

I hope things go better for you in Santa Cruz.

BAP_Buddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2017, 5:43 pm

Best of luck!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 5:45 am

...I thought Canada had somewhat better, at least on the basic level, medical care (even if involving long waits)? Maybe not for dental? :(

uote="drwho222"]Didn't ask WHY you eat that with two teeth, I asked HOW. So I if that's the way you do things, don't cry about your lack of money, feet wounds, and heart disease. Its a clear cut case of self inflicted damage.[/quote]
I have only 2 teeth that meet, and that's how I eat.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Sep 2017, 7:54 am

drwho222 wrote:
Didn't ask WHY you eat that with two teeth, I asked HOW. So I if that's the way you do things, don't cry about your lack of money, feet wounds, and heart disease. Its a clear cut case of self inflicted damage.

claradoon wrote:
I have only 2 teeth that meet, and that's how I eat.

ASS-P wrote:
...I thought Canada had somewhat better, at least on the basic level, medical care (even if involving long waits)? Maybe not for dental? :(

Gov't insce pays dental for children and pregnant mothers. That's why insurance companies offer dental policies for the rest of us.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:20 pm

This is the Haven.

If you're not being supportive, shut the hell up.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:33 pm

Claradoon wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
HEY!! ! ! !

So explain to me why what I post is impossible.

Item 1: Eating Better. Consequences of not so doing (for Ass P): Probable feet amputation, possible permanent blindness, death either from blocked coronary arteries and or the complications of long term untreated diabetes.

He has money of his own and can buy pretty much any food he wants. It is my opinion that his indulgence has NOTHING to do with his homelessness and or money situation, and that he would be doing this and destroying his health if he were rich or poor. Its his habit, hes an Aspie, and as I well know its almost impossible to make us stop doing things we like.

Item 2: A place to stay. Its possible he could get one with the income he has. If he did, he would have a safe place to vent, a safe place to store his stuff, and a safe place to heal. And if not, just what is he spending his money on? Oh yeah KFC and phone chargers (why does someone with no intention of getting a job need one?).

I live and work in a major Midwestern US city with a name starting with C and ending with o. So naturally I see street people everyday. What I have heard from some who have tried to help them is that to many really don't want to make the changes they need to make to not have HL status anymore. One guy who worked with a church shelter told me that most will accept very little except food and a warm place to sleep, in spite of the fact that they had donations of clothing and temporary jobs they could work, as well as apartments they could rent for very cheap. They often say this would interfere with their "freedom". They say they cant get jobs because they don't have the clothing or the addresses and when you offer to solve these problems they come up with new excuses.

So why do I even care? Because every new post is "My toe fell off!" "My foot is ooing blood!" "I'm going blind!" when he certainly could do something about this.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

I think they make up exuses because they have mental problems and cant take care of themselves very well. Im not homless but I cant work because of anxiety. Some people might see that as lazyness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:16 pm

Actually, ASS-P doesn't get all that much money from his SSDI. And part of that is deducted by somebody, I believe.

Nobody lives like a king on SSDI.

My father lives in the place that starts with "C" and ends with "O."

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Sep 2017, 11:02 pm

drwho222 wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
HEY!! ! ! !

So explain to me why what I post is impossible.

Item 1: Eating Better. Consequences of not so doing (for Ass P): Probable feet amputation, possible permanent blindness, death either from blocked coronary arteries and or the complications of long term untreated diabetes.

He has money of his own and can buy pretty much any food he wants. It is my opinion that his indulgence has NOTHING to do with his homelessness and or money situation, and that he would be doing this and destroying his health if he were rich or poor. Its his habit, hes an Aspie, and as I well know its almost impossible to make us stop doing things we like.

Item 2: A place to stay. Its possible he could get one with the income he has. If he did, he would have a safe place to vent, a safe place to store his stuff, and a safe place to heal. And if not, just what is he spending his money on? Oh yeah KFC and phone chargers (why does someone with no intention of getting a job need one?).

I live and work in a major Midwestern US city with a name starting with C and ending with o. So naturally I see street people everyday. What I have heard from some who have tried to help them is that to many really don't want to make the changes they need to make to not have HL status anymore. One guy who worked with a church shelter told me that most will accept very little except food and a warm place to sleep, in spite of the fact that they had donations of clothing and temporary jobs they could work, as well as apartments they could rent for very cheap. They often say this would interfere with their "freedom". They say they cant get jobs because they don't have the clothing or the addresses and when you offer to solve these problems they come up with new excuses.

So why do I even care? Because every new post is "My toe fell off!" "My foot is ooing blood!" "I'm going blind!" when he certainly could do something about this.

3. The Haven.
The Haven is protected more than any other forum on this site, so if someone is in distress and posts there it is for help and support from other members, not to debate with him/her about their religion or atheism. Trying to persuade an atheist to pray to God or Jesus for support is not appropriate in the Haven, similarly attacking a believers religious views in the Haven is not appropriate either.

What you post is impossible for the OP.

This Forum is the Haven, which is for protected venting. You are debating. There are other forums for that.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:56 am

...Two points for DW:
(1) I receive my money in a small weekly slices manner, so something that would require. a large up-front payment, such as rent, is difficult. This would be especially true for a required " first, last, and deposit " situation. I don't have a bank account, either (One would need the ability to take me money out of use to start the ount to do so, too.).
(2) I need a charger to keep my phone going! 8O This teeny Cricket is, essentially, all the connection I have with the Web :(! As for getting a job - Hello? You're the one who says to put aside my college ambitions - Minus that additional knowledge/prestige, exactly what job am I going to be hired for right now? And this is before my latest amputation :cry: , which I have put up elsewhere :( .........

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:59 am

...What is that? An old age/group home situation of some sort?

ra tyftiekortie"]Actually, ASS-P doesn't get all that much money from his SSDI. And part of that is deducted by somebody, I believe.

Nobody lives like a king on SSDI.

My father lives in the place that starts with "C" and ends with "O."[/quote]

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Sep 2017, 4:52 am

^Chicago?