We Love Esmeralda Weatherwax

Page 26 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 10:35 am

My mum's still after me to take another university course. I'm so tired I almost feel like giving in.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 5:40 pm

Why don't you want to go to University?

Do you feel anxious in a university setting?

Obviously, you should go in for creative writing.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 5:44 pm

I was at university residence for three and a half months. It was absolute hell. I nearly went mad.
The classes were dead boring, including when I completed [against my better judgement] the year with online courses. I didn't learn a thing I don't already know.

University has changed since when my mum went, and she can't seem to understand that I have no interest in university.

The trouble with creative writing classes is that there's always a rigid way of thinking that is predominant in near every school in the world: that things can only be done one way.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

We love Esme. :heart: I hope you get better soon.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 11:35 am

What happened to Esme?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 11:49 am

Apparently she's not feeling so good, at all. Here's lots of virtual hugs for her from me and Boo. :heart: :cat: :heart: :cat: :heart: :cat: :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 12:03 pm

And from me, too!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 11:40 pm

mee three! :bounce: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Oct 2018, 1:31 am

I really hope she gets well soon. She was the one person who really helped me feel better when I was very depressed & distraught about something last year. She's a great source of emotional support for others here.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 1:37 am

she IS a good egg :wtg:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Oct 2018, 2:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
True that. Us Aspies tend to be more logical when offering emotional support(I know I'm very guilty of that) but she can sympathize & relate on a more emotional level.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 2:05 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
True that. Us Aspies tend to be more logical when offering emotional support(I know I'm very guilty of that) but she can sympathize & relate on a more emotional level.

we need her here more than ever, especially to counteract the mean I am seeing more and more here.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 12:12 pm

Oh jeez guys. I don't know what to say. Flattered by the kind words, sorry they seemed necessary in the circumstances. Hugs to all of you - nice, sanitized hugs that won't make you catch what I have.

Here's the news: I am very very sick, and it's taken months and visits to multiple different doctors to even begin to get a handle on the problem. It started with an infected spider bite and a steroid shot (which, at the time, was perfectly appropriate), but it's more complicated than that. I've been out of commission since late July, effectively. Been misdiagnosed, been fighting my way through a medical labyrinth, been absolutely wretched.

Just this past week I finally found an internist with relevant experience who has seen other cases of what I seem to have. Now it's a matter of trying treatments til we find the right one, because apparently responses vary, and there aren't yet any confirmative tests that are worth the cost. And the meds are weird (unusual).

Anyway, I've lost tons of weight (and wasn't all that big to begin with) and have been averaging about two to four hours of sleep a night (so my blood pressure's been in the stratosphere. Thank God this doc believed me about the lack of sleep being the most likely cause; it's already down 40 points, because I'm sleeping better this week - what he's given me seems to be working.)

I won't be around much for a while. I've been told that this is 100% curable but it will take a few weeks of the right tx to do the trick, and after two months of 2 - 4 hours sleep per night, all I want to do is snooze in between taking the meds. Which knock me out too.

Keep me in your thoughts, and pray that Firefox and Windows don't update me off the site again anytime soon, so I can get back here once I'm on my feet.

No, that's not me, and I haven't gotten to the point of hospital. But I came much too close for comfort. Wish me luck.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 4:57 pm

Healing thoughts and warm hugs Esme :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 9:17 pm

i'm glad you have good health insurance :o

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 4:19 am

VERY happy to hear things will improve for you! Sounds like you've really been through hell.