Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 10:36 am

I recently joined POF. I talked to a few people already. I feel weak though. Like after I weakend my body from a suicide attempt I feel not good enough to date. Who would want someone who sometimes s**ts themselves because their body is screwed up. Is this in my head or is it really hopeless. Also I think having autism makes it hard for me to hook up with people. Some people with autism seem to have no problem hooking up with people and socializing. For me its a struggle. Thats why I feel its hopeless.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 7:26 pm

It doesn't bother me if someone s**ts themselves. We are human.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 11:47 am

Well thankyou thats very kind. I hope others will be as adult about it and understanding.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 12:27 pm

I've had Crohn's Disease for 45 years. sh*****g meself is an occupational hazard. If you don't have one already, you may want to get a radar key. You can get them from Amazon quite cheaply... even vat free if you're registered disabled... that's in the UK.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 1:03 pm

Oh wow, I never realized there was a need for a radar key, in fact I never knew what that was until I looked it up just now.

In the US, the ADA requires places with public bathrooms to have some of them be handicap-accessible. There are a few exceptions like old buildings, but in general, I am finding accommodations to be better and better.

I'm a little bit a disability advocate, in that I have called the cops on people parking in handicapped spaces without the proper identification, and I have confronted people who use a handicapped stall without any apparent need. At one gym I was a member of, I twice told people that the handicapped stall (only one out of about 7 stalls) was NOT a dressing room, and I needed it when I needed it! I am less militant about someone merely using it as a toilet stall, since there are many disabilities that are invisible and you just never know. But when you can see someone dressing, under the stall walls, you can be pretty sure they aren't disabled and even if they are, they can do that somewhere else like in the locker room, but you can't relieve yourself in the locker room!

Does "spend a penny" still apply in the UK? I have not seen any pay-toilets in the USA for many years.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 1:31 pm

Trueno wrote:
I've had Crohn's Disease for 45 years. sh*****g meself is an occupational hazard. If you don't have one already, you may want to get a radar key. You can get them from Amazon quite cheaply... even vat free if you're registered disabled... that's in the UK.

Yes Ive read about people with crohns disease having this problem too. Sorry its happening to you too.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 1:07 am

Thanks for that. I'm touching wood here, but I've been ok lately and currently off all meds... that happened just after I turned 60 and became entitled to free prescriptions... d'Oh!
I've had my bad times in the past but still managed to do all kinds of stuff.
I hope (medically speaking) that you've explored all avenues regarding your own condition.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 10:54 am

I really havent. Because I figure that since I have damaged my body that there is no hope. I might reconsider treatment in the future. I was on the road to therapy about this but since my appointment was so early in the day I cancled therapy. Actually at the time I forgot about my incontinence issues and just didnt know what I was going to talk about in therapy. I should have went because it is hard to sign up for free therapy and it takes forever to get the first appointment.

I think its more traumatic sh*****g yourself as a girly girl then if you are a guy. Im terrified of gross things such as bodily fluids so when this happens I am devastated. But if you still went out and did things with this problem it gives me hope and encouragement. Because with this problem it makes me want to hide under a rock and not go around others.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 11:52 am

I get the impression that because you feel you have brought this on yourself you are not worthy of treatment. I may be wrong. Go to the docs and get it sorted... there might be a simple treatment. It's one less thing to bring you down.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 11:52 am

Edited because I managed to post the same message twice... oops!

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 12:06 pm

I think there is hope for if its your only problem this will probably put a lot of men off but a lot of them will accept it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 2:42 pm

“However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope.” - Stephen Hawking