What if I said I've let go of wanting a relationship?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 3:41 pm

Jake6238 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Gallia wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
My honest feeling is that you will be more likely to GET a relationship if you didn't THINK about wanting a relationship all the time. This is feeling borne out of my own experience.
agreed!
Agreed.

We seem to be forming a consensus.

Also agreed! Personally if I think of it the other way round, if a woman was hungry for a relationship but didn't focus at all on her own interests/passions, or physical/mental health, I'd be more likely to not engage. IMO, the richer a womans independent life the more attractive they are, it speaks a lot to their character.

I've actually had some women approach me but one of them told me she cut (She had scars on her arms) and the other was 16 at the time.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 9:42 pm

Marknis wrote:
Jake6238 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Gallia wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
My honest feeling is that you will be more likely to GET a relationship if you didn't THINK about wanting a relationship all the time. This is feeling borne out of my own experience.
agreed!
Agreed.

Also agreed! Personally if I think of it the other way round, if a woman was hungry for a relationship but didn't focus at all on her own interests/passions, or physical/mental health, I'd be more likely to not engage. IMO, the richer a womans independent life the more attractive they are, it speaks a lot to their character.

I've actually had some women approach me but one of them told me she cut (She had scars on her arms) and the other was 16 at the time.

And... what happened when they approached you?

Jake6238
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2018, 12:15 pm

Marknis wrote:
Jake6238 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Gallia wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
agreed!
Agreed.

Speaking from experience, do not get involved with someone who is struggling with MH and self-harm. It isn't selfish, you're doing them a favor because often people will try to mask their own inner pain by entering into a relationship. But being in a relationship to distract from your own problems isn't a good foundation to build on.

When I say 'hungry for a relationship' what I mean is that if your every thought is occupied by wanting a relationship people can tell (with that weird NT sixth-sense). Obviously it's OK to approach people and to be approached.

As others have said, it's fine to not want a relationship.

Probably off challenging as many social norms in as little time as possible

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 1:45 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Jake6238 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Gallia wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
agreed!
Agreed.

And... what happened when they approached you?

I honestly just stood and nodded anxiously for the first case until a co-worker intervened. The second case also involved one of the library custodians and he actually got fired.

In high school, a mentally challenged girl had a crush on me and the other girls goaded her into approaching me.