Would anyone be sad if I committed suicide?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 8:55 pm

If I killed myself, would anyone be sad or would they be glad that I wouldn't exist anymore? People tell me they are tired of seeing my posts so I feel like the latter is more likely. I really don't want to be depressed but nothing ever goes my way and every passing year is always the same.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 9:17 pm

Marknis wrote:
If I killed myself, would anyone be sad or would they be glad that I wouldn't exist anymore? People tell me they are tired of seeing my posts so I feel like the latter is more likely. I really don't want to be depressed but nothing ever goes my way and every passing year is always the same.

People not liking you making repetitive depressing posts about the same subjects with different wording without taking anyone's advice is not the same as people wanting you to commit suicide by any means. Even those that get frustrated by your posts and those who you refer to as detractors would likely prefer to see you stay alive and better your life. Most people aren't so callous as to wish death on someone because their posts annoy them.

I don't think anyone here would want you to kill yourself. Most of us want to see you succeed, and some are just frustrated that you're being offered good advice on how to change things again and again and you refuse to act on any of it. You can make 2019 your year, but you need to be willing to work for what you want out of life, and not expect that if you just wait patiently and change nothing that it will come.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:38 pm

Marknis wrote:

I have about 50 years of being confined to a nursing home starting at 18-19 years old to look forward to. Do you care? Do you care if I kill myself? Of course not. I don't expect you to either.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:48 pm

The people that do not want to read your posts, can choose not to.

Those people want you to stop posting the same topics ad nauseum. Unless they specified that they want you to commit suicide, they do not.

Unless you get banned from Wrong Planet, you can continue posting.

There are other autism forums

Committing suicide, just because some strangers online, do not like your posts, sounds ,to me, unjustified

Please do not get peer pressured into committing suicide.

If everyone that someone else, wanted dead, were to have committed suicide, many people would have done so

But that is just my opinion, not a fact. And not the opinion of anyone else.

Sometimes, people try and fail to commit suicide. They get injuries and bills.

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2018, 10:51 pm

People with Autism, schizophrenia and other mental health issues are unfortunate to live in a victim blame society. Online support is not adequate support for people with significant issues and barriers in their lives. Online forums are just echo chambers. Professional health is expensive and out of reach for most people and most people with issues have no social support networks. We live in a victim blame society where it is easier to blame the victim instead of adequate support to prevent suicides. Society is to blame not the people with issues. Mental health issues and disability come with social stigma and society blames the victim.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 11:23 pm

Marknis wrote:

If you are really that depressed that you want to die and are serious about it, at least give ECT a try. You have nothing to lose, if your other alternative is to be dead. ECT is life-saving for people who do not respond to medication and psychotherapy. You've been getting medication and psychotherapy for how many years and still feel depressed?

The only serious drawback is some memory loss, but again, if all your memories are negative, maybe that's just as well.

The other suggestion, if you are not quite ready to try ECT, is an in-patient hospital stay. Again, that's where you turn if what you have already been doing is just not working. It can be the start of healing for some people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 11:34 pm

an alternate to ECT that shows major promise, is Trans-Cranial Magnetic Stimulation where a carefully situated high-gauss magnetic coil is placed close to the malfunctioning brain parts, and relieves symptoms within minutes. :idea: I hope the OP has access to this truly outpatient [it doesn't require admission to hospital, nor anaesthesia] treatment where he lives. no memory loss has been attributed to this treatment and the worst side effects are localized mild tenderness on the head.

human bodies are surprisingly tough things, they resist most of our efforts to extinguish their life force. I knew a fella who stuck a 20-ga. shotgun muzzle in his mouth, he toed the trigger but he missed and flew off most of his face instead of blowing his brains out. the surgeons put him back together as best they could but he has a big hole in his
face now, likely for life. he was a handsome dude before hand. sad. suicide is not that easy and often far from painless.

Dorothy Parker wrote a sour little ditty [Resumé] about this-

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 11:53 pm

Hey, I would miss you. Hang in there, little buddy.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 2:13 am

Let's not try to guilt trip the whole forum, please.

Thread locked.