Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2023, 8:51 pm

My sister is CRAZY! She can forget what she told me in the past, she keeps changing her mind about me. Over 8 years ago, we were living together, then when we moved out of our mom’s house, I wanted to stay in the town, my sister moved about 4 hours away, she wanted me to move with her & my nephew, saying it would be better for my skin (I have Psoriasis) Than she started to claim to know me like a book, then years later, she hated me, she told me that we should had gone our separate ways in 2015, she still claimed that she knew almost everything about me, she told me that she knew me better than our mom knew me. Now she want to be friendly with me, she texted me happy birthday, she haven’t texted me a birthday message in years. She wants to move to Oregon, cuz she said it would be cheaper to live there, she asked me if I want to move there with her, my nephew & her boyfriend. Why she wants to run my life? When she claimed to know me 100% inside & out, she can acted like we always been close & she was always there for me, she wasn’t there for me & we never were close, maybe we were close as children, but that was like 40 years ago. It would be so dangerous to move with her. Why would I want to move with her? She don’t know anything about what is happening with me now, she really doesn’t understand about my Aspergers, it’s not only my Aspergers, it’s my Cerebral Palsy, Learning Disability, she doesn’t know about my Psoriatic Arthritis. She supposed to be my older sister, she more like a stranger to me. Is Oregon one of the most expensive states?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2023, 4:39 am

That sounds like a difficult situation. From what you are saying, it seems like your sister maybe wants to be helpful but she is conflicted and is always contradicting herself, and not paying enough attention to your issues and even to what you say. Family relationships can be difficult. But since she is your sister and we only have so much family, can you try to get along with her somehow?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2023, 9:36 pm

Hello Kitty,

Your sister might have forgotten things she has told you because of poor memory. That doesn't mean she is crazy.

But don't let her pressure you into moving if you do not want to and especially if she is disregarding your disabilities, which could have a negative effect on your mental health and thus, your life.

Below is an article that ranks the top ten cheapest states in the US, it's not a scientific article or anything but does give a general idea of the cheapest states. Oregon does not feature in this list.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/12/these-are-americas-10-cheapest-states-to-live-in.html

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2023, 10:00 am

Hey kitty.

From what i heard about her, you guys dont have a good relationship so i dont think it would be good to live with her. It would be better if you guys can patch up your relationship, however as you need help in real life from what you wrote here.

You struggle with loneliness and doing your chores, maybe she might be trying to help you or might feel regretful? I am not sure.

What i know is it is hard to live alone and deal with life's demands esp as a person with autism and other health problems like you do.
It would be good to have someone you can socialize with, and help you out when you are having difficulties. But seems like you guys dont have a good relationship so i am not sure what to advise.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 2:57 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Hello Kitty,

Your sister might have forgotten things she has told you because of poor memory. That doesn't mean she is crazy.

But don't let her pressure you into moving if you do not want to and especially if she is disregarding your disabilities, which could have a negative effect on your mental health and thus, your life.

Below is an article that ranks the top ten cheapest states in the US, it's not a scientific article or anything but does give a general idea of the cheapest states. Oregon does not feature in this list.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/12/these-are-americas-10-cheapest-states-to-live-in.html

I want to move, I don’t want to move with her. I don’t get along with her, we have a very, very complicated relationship.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 7:12 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Hello Kitty,

I want to move, I don’t want to move with her. I don’t get along with her, we have a very, very complicated relationship.

Okay, Kitty.

I was just pointing out the cheaper places for the sake of knowledge. I wasn't assuming you want to move.

Good luck with it all. :)

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 10:59 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Hello Kitty,

Okay, Kitty.

I was just pointing out the cheaper places for the sake of knowledge. I wasn't assuming you want to move.

Good luck with it all. :)

Thanks for the article. When I said I want to move, I want to move out of my apartment, I want to live in someplace that is safer, I have to be in a wheelchair, I can walk, but not too good.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2023, 12:54 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Hello Kitty,

She is crazy cuz she keep claiming she know me, she also claimed that she knew more than our mom did about me. :roll: :roll: 8O