Why am attracted to creeps?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 7:40 pm

Tonight a guy I met on a dating site messaged me wanting to know if I wanted to get high with him in the woods. Since I dont really know him, I said no. Im a little shocked that thats the first thing he would want us to do, upon meeting. I hope he never tries to get sex out of me. Part of me wishes I had said yes, because now Im sitting at home on a friday night, with nothing to do. Anyone else having a boring friday? Also I think I would turn beet red if I ever met him in public, because Im so shy. Whats with the rushing into things. Why doesnt he just want to hang out sober?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 12:00 am

I think the only part weird is the woods part. Is meeting up and smoking weed really that shocking? I thought you said everyone in your town smoked and drank.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

Archmage Arcane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2019, 1:07 am

Sarahsmith wrote:
Tonight a guy I met on a dating site messaged me wanting to know if I wanted to get high with him in the woods. Since I dont really know him, I said no. Im a little shocked that thats the first thing he would want us to do, upon meeting. I hope he never tries to get sex out of me. Part of me wishes I had said yes, because now Im sitting at home on a friday night, with nothing to do. Anyone else having a boring friday? Also I think I would turn beet red if I ever met him in public, because Im so shy. Whats with the rushing into things. Why doesnt he just want to hang out sober?

***MAY TRIGGER SENSITIVE INDIVIDUALS***

In this case, discretion was definitely the better part of valor.

I'm male and have been around the block a few times, and I still would want a first meeting to be at the coffee shop of my choice. That would creep me out as well, and I happen to like the woods at night.

Back when I was a kid, we would have said "Danger, Will Robinson!". I suspect that 'getting high in the woods' was a scenario devised to obtain sex. If it wasn't, it might have ended up that way anyway.

The key parts of the scenario: Stranger, secluded location, darkness, lowering of inhibitions. To be avoided. Just my humble opinion.

Find someone you have more in common with who doesn't creep you out.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:38 am

Noca wrote:
I think the only part weird is the woods part. Is meeting up and smoking weed really that shocking? I thought you said everyone in your town smoked and drank.

I get really messed up when I smoke pot. Im sensitive to it or something. So doing it with someone I dont really no spells danger for me. If I was a teenager I would have jumped at the chance though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 11:23 am

I’m really glad you didn’t go out in the woods with the guy. Err on the side of caution.

It might not have come out bad—but the “bad possibilities” are numerous.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 6:04 pm

I’m pretty open to doing crazy things on first dates, but that’s another level of red flags. That’s like a bunch of flashing neon red flags.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:18 pm

If you don't know why you are attracted to someone, strangers on the internet, also don't know why. You are attracted to someone

Rhetorical question