Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

whenmostaway
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jul 2019, 10:50 pm

Hi, all. Never posted here before, and, after a horrifying experience on another forum, I don't have high hopes.

I'm socially-isolated, and no one seems to want to be my friend. I'm a graduate student in a program with a bunch of neurotypical extroverts, many of whom know about my diagnosis, but don't care one bit about me. None of the men I date or talk to online are interested (been ghosted/rejected more than I care to admit), and I find my thoughts going to dark places lately. I have no family, friends, or acquaintances with whom I can talk. I think about suicide a lot. Being ignored and disregarded is hard.

I went to an autism support group and mentioned feeling isolated, and everyone suggested the same kinds of things therapists have suggested--Meet Up, finding like-minded friends, and so on. The problem is that I simply can't relate to most people. I can't connect with them. And I'm a bit agoraphobic, so I only leave my apartment when I have to.

It hurts so much. I don't know what to do anymore.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 3:15 pm

I have the same problem. I get out lots but it doesnt seem to help. People have tried to be my friends but I was either too shy or they didnt seem trust worthy. Now Im alone and aint no one wanting to be friends. Maybe we're too shy. Too quirky.

MissMary227
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jul 2019, 3:31 pm

whenmostaway wrote:
Hi, all. Never posted here before, and, after a horrifying experience on another forum, I don't have high hopes.

I'm socially-isolated, and no one seems to want to be my friend. I'm a graduate student in a program with a bunch of neurotypical extroverts, many of whom know about my diagnosis, but don't care one bit about me. None of the men I date or talk to online are interested (been ghosted/rejected more than I care to admit), and I find my thoughts going to dark places lately. I have no family, friends, or acquaintances with whom I can talk. I think about suicide a lot. Being ignored and disregarded is hard.

I went to an autism support group and mentioned feeling isolated, and everyone suggested the same kinds of things therapists have suggested--Meet Up, finding like-minded friends, and so on. The problem is that I simply can't relate to most people. I can't connect with them. And I'm a bit agoraphobic, so I only leave my apartment when I have to.

It hurts so much. I don't know what to do anymore.

Hi!

Sorry you are feeling low. I know how that feels.

God has a purpose for you. And He loves you. He sees your pain, and is there for you.

~peace

whenmostaway
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2019, 4:01 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
I have the same problem. I get out lots but it doesnt seem to help. People have tried to be my friends but I was either too shy or they didnt seem trust worthy. Now Im alone and aint no one wanting to be friends. Maybe we're too shy. Too quirky.

Hi, there. I am shy, but it's more than that. It's more of a connection thing, plus I did mention mild agoraphobia, which precludes going out frequently. Anyway, thanks for your reply.