That windfall was intercepted

Page 1 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 6:19 am

...I have gotten an outfit that helps homeless people with legal matters to come in on this - I hope - I received the notice on Saturday and Tuesday was the first day they were open, I went then.
Even if I get back the whole amount that was taken, it's not as much as I thought it would be.
If I do get the money, and try to set up a place somewhere with a decent bed, chair, etc.
and take those things in storage there - trying to find a place and then doing so and taking my things there, all from a level of where O am now, might be very expensive and a lot of trouble. Remember, handicapped, :( , don't drive, the places K know somewhat and might go to are ultra-expensive - but other places O know nothing about at all and how would I get there :(.
Maybe setting up vocooning/a place and bringing those books there with thought of reading them is giving up, preparing to doe - maybe - but what, on the other hand, do I have likely for me :(
You know. I plan to go after someone else. legally...my two adult cousins.who BLATANTLY! :evil: cheated me out of An inheritance share that was meant to be mine - and, on top of that. the money aside. we're incredibly sh***y and nasty toward me as family members :cry: .
I won't go into it right now - there's a few here that I've told an earlier version of it about on the past :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 6:53 am

All that stuff in the storage unit is like an albatross around your neck.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 4:30 pm

Do they have a plug-in in those storage places? I'll be damned if I wouldn't get a temp stable unit and go live there. Better than people always stealing from you, or having to be surrounded by so much noise.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 2:40 am

...No, they don't have plugs in the storage place I'm in - which is Public Storage, I guess the McDonald's of storage places.
Am I supposed to have nothing at all :cry: ?
Because it will give me wisdom as I sit, bare-footed, at the top of a mountain? Granted, it's true that they are a weight. If I get rid of what I have,.though, I'll probably never have any again :( . Is some force going to reward me with a plan a if I throw out everything I own that I can't carry. at least as far as keeping it permanantly :( ? That's sort of how I live now :( . I had sort of wanted to settle down - especially considering my crippledness now :cry: , and that now at least the possible possibility of dying was held up to me :(.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 7:00 am

ASS-P wrote:
...No, they don't have plugs in the storage place I'm in - which is Public Storage, I guess the McDonald's of storage places.
Am I supposed to have nothing at all :cry: ?
Because it will give me wisdom as I sit, bare-footed, at the top of a mountain? Granted, it's true that they are a weight. If I get rid of what I have,.though, I'll probably never have any again :( . Is some force going to reward me with a plan a if I throw out everything I own that I can't carry. at least as far as keeping it permanantly :( ? That's sort of how I live now :( . I had sort of wanted to settle down - especially considering my crippledness now :cry: , and that now at least the possible possibility of dying was held up to me :(.

Darn... I saw a program or two where folks were able to rig up some stuff an live in them. They had to be very secretive, of course. I would, if I had to. I lived in a camper once, by choice. It was absolutely awesome. I love living in small places like a little worm, in a cocoon. I would do it again, in a :heart: heartbeat, but my husband prefers space.

I'm very sorry that you are going through this. I will say that I own very little. My biggest indulgence has always been books. And I used to keep every.single.one... until I learned the beauty of a book journal. When I finish a book, I log it into my journal. Then, I can reflect back and it's like the book is right there with me. My husband is a bit of a hoarder and when he isn't looking, I throw his stuff out. I don't throw out heirlooms, but clothes. He hoards clothes and so when I throw them out, he never even misses them.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 9:35 am

As I recall you got a storage unit about a year ago and started filling it up with stuff. And now you are saying that is making it impossible for you to move anywhere. Saying that you are tied to Santa Cruz because that is where the storage unit is.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 9:47 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Do they have a plug-in in those storage places? I'll be damned if I wouldn't get a temp stable unit and go live there. Better than people always stealing from you, or having to be surrounded by so much noise.

It is not big enough for trying to live in.
From what I can see the 5x5 ones at Public Storage in Santa Cruz run around $77-$95/mo or approx $1000/yr.
That on top of the expense of all the stuff bought in the last year or so to fill it.
Which can not be used for the most part I would imagine.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 11:00 am

...In mass, all I have would -EASILY! - fit into a fairly compact four
-door sedan in which two of the four seats are occupied by people. Even possibly 3 of the four seats occupied! 8O I'm supposed to have nothing? :(
I'm clumsy/Big, I think a traditional small trailer/RV wouldn't fit me very well - and I haven"t driven in many many years, I have no licence - and, perhaps most to the point (+ the expense), a traditional small trailer/RV involves climbing up a consideramount of stairs :( . I am handicapped, on city streets I use the little cutdowns in city blocks, not stepping up/down. Perhaps a real big shoebox-style mobile home could have a ramp in it, but they're highly expensive themselves.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 3:07 pm

You keep bring up how all the stuff you bought to put in storage is a major problem when it comes to leaving the uber-expensive area you live in.

Personally when I move into a care home I will only have about 5 items, some clothes and toiletries to transport.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 5:39 am

...Rven if I absolutely had just what K could wear/carry my problem of my handicappedness and lousy health remains - and it will be difficult to start anew anywhere - and my trying to get help from that lawyer's organization keeps me here.
For something else, I hardly read " Real " - no illustrations - books anymore.
For one, it is VERY hard to find anywhere with strong enough lighting - and the ability to assume comfortable position. And when I do get books they do sometimes get stolen/lost :cry: . And - maybe - my concentration is going downhill? Or maybe, given my endless stasis/treading water, my ability/dedication to " full-length book " reading? And this phone does give me some instant gratification - and, at least the screen light up from behind - though I strain my eyes on this. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 12:12 pm

You can go to any hardware store and get a brighter light.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:41 pm

If you don’t read books anymore, why don’t you sell the ones you have in storage? Wasn’t the main reason for getting that storage unit to store your brothers things, especially family photos? I don’t think you’ve gotten his things yet, so why not get rid of that unit (and expense) until you do get his things?

I don’t read books much anymore and I used to always have a book with me. I gave away a stack of unread books after they sat gathering dust for a couple of years. I have a few old books of my mothers and grandmothers and I expect to pass them to family soon.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 11:38 pm

...Again. I'm not allowed to have anything :( ? Maybe I should live like in this shelter forever/for whatever time I may have left and achieve cosmic wisdom that way, I sparrow :( ? I had thought I'd settle down in a room/place and read them (No, I still don't have Bruh's thingsn...more on this later).
Most of the readable, I think, are not "" Real books " (RN ' no-illustrations/" real/literary " books) but comics collections/graphic novels -- not " collectible back issues " but modern-times book collections, often of old 40s or 60s stuff - I had thought I'd maybe review them story by story, like other people on this comics fan board I'm on (Where I'm closeted about being homeless, as I am on most if not all other boardds) where people review 100 consecutive issues of The Avengerd or something like that - I thought I could do that from a place ' Of course. I'd need better computer equipment and somehow find somebody who'd teach me to improve my computer skills, maybe with a place I could advertise/beg to be taught in.perdon pointing out my age and developmental disability and crippledness (& offer to pay a little) and somebody might help me, " unlock that magic kingdom " that I've been denied :( - I"m like begging to be " taught to fish ,, so to speak! What I'm " supposed to want ". And still no one would help :cry: . I'd have to have at-length access to my stuff and few places to sell it ' and what would I do with the money :( ?

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 2:43 am

I’m sorry that I upset you. I know you’ve said how you would like a room and chair to sit and read in, but when you wrote earlier in this thread that you weren’t reading books anymore, I thought why keep the ones in storage. I didn’t realize they weren’t “books”. I’ve never heard the term “readables” before and assumed you meant novel type books. As for your computer skills, I think for most of us older people it’s a learn as you go process. I never had lessons either, but read the manuals you used to get with your computer and software. Now the manuals are all online. But if you were reviewing your collection, you would type up in a page type document (perhaps the Word program), and copy that to where you post your review. Most typing programs auto save now so you wouldn’t lose your drafts!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 8:29 am

The way it usually works is first you get a place, and then you buy things to put in it.
I have no idea what magic kingdom computer lessions are supposed to unlock, unless you are planning on doing office work or becoming a programmer.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 8:37 am

AnneOleson wrote:
I’m sorry that I upset you. I know you’ve said how you would like a room and chair to sit and read in, but when you wrote earlier in this thread that you weren’t reading books anymore, I thought why keep the ones in storage. I didn’t realize they weren’t “books”. I’ve never heard the term “readables” before and assumed you meant novel type books. As for your computer skills, I think for most of us older people it’s a learn as you go process. I never had lessons either, but read the manuals you used to get with your computer and software. Now the manuals are all online. But if you were reviewing your collection, you would type up in a page type document (perhaps the Word program), and copy that to where you post your review. Most typing programs auto save now so you wouldn’t lose your drafts!

He had a room to sit in and read and use a computer and a bed to sleep in etc, like the kind of room I will be moving into. He decided instead to go back to living on the streets.