Page 5 of 17 [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 11:48 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I lost a draft :cry: - here in this mass shrlter. with a cheap phone that eon'g6 stay, balanced. bad eyes and beat-up non-pescription glasses :cry: .
Didn't someone help me to.impro e .y computer skills beyond super-minimal posting :cry: ? Something beyond " It's too late for you!! ! Go swsy and leave us alone!! ! ! Just watch a video (which I don't really have the basic knowledge to work.off of - or the equipment. or space/opportunity to do that)! ! ! " One more thing I'll never have/experience/have taken away from .e in this crappy life I got :cry: .
I positivelyy BEG to be " taught to.fish." - Wbat I'm.supposedly supposed to want!! - and people say " Go.away :evil: ! " :( . Or. they say absurd BS about " Oh, you don't need to know anything else " :twisted: that I suppose is meant to.make me feel better :( ' It just isn't.true :( . I wasn't"t asking for money of gifts just KNOWLEDGE. :(

You would probably need to find some resource in your area that helps people with computer skills. Libraries do offer classes so that is an option or maybe there is some program in your area focused on helping homeless people with skills. But you'd have to look into it.

Its kind of a hands on sort of thing, so it would be very hard for anyone to teach someone computer skills over a text forum like this.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 11:55 am

ASS-P wrote:
EDGAR_54 wrote:
Will these contacts be helpful?
I hope you fare better in Santa Cruz.

Shelter Information and Referral Hotline
(831) 457-0511

This hotline refers people to shelters, medical treatment, and food. The hotline has the most current resources for homeless services. Voice mail is available to clients (as part of the Community Action Board).

Shelter Project
501 Soquel Ave., #E, Santa Cruz, CA 95062 (831) 457-1741

This program provides vouchers to homeless persons with medical needs allowing them to stay in motels and provides emergency short-term rent assistance to avoid eviction (as part of the Community Action Board).

...Thank you, though zi don't know whether I can do anything with those. I am exploring tjongs.
To-day, I'm going to spent lots of money on taxis so I can get this ultra-heavy duffle bag in my storage place - There's no bud to there weekends

I may spend money on another heavy backpack after all - it may be less bad for my back then lifting up Goodwill/Walgreens"/Target bzgs with my stuff - Or maybe I'm trying to tell myself I csn " still " be romantically Jack Kerouac/Woody Hithroe hpmrleds. I can " still " ramble around and play my harmonica. so to speak :( .

Of course you can do something with those. You have a phone, so you can call those numbers to get more information about resources that can help you.

Also it may be better to get a smaller back pack than the duffel bag for things you need to carry with you. They do make back packs with a front strap to take some of the pressure off your back. Then maybe you can leave some of your stuff in the big duffel bag in the storage place and take the more necessary items with you in your back pack.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 7:38 pm

...To-day workdf6 out to be a.ni e, UT rather ecle sivd, day, with .d paying for gsxi to a d fro. A the storage place - But. Wei ing b.s. I at the pick op spot for the bus to the shelter edit compulsory. you can not check I to the dngdf unless you take that bus)...

nice

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 7:46 pm

Apparently the bus is broke and you fe supposed to " .amd your own way " tbere :(. Briefly. though I dropped the clothes up there at storage, I a..stoll fee
trying stuff and crippled walking slow:-(
K tried to call their mumber, no him a mmm amdwered :(
Gonna walk, be kind.of late...woll they let me I in?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 11:25 pm

...I did get back in :| .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 8:09 pm

...My problem is so simply have no place to rest & get better! :cry: The shelter makes me roam around all day :cry: .I neither get enough sleep or e tough not walking around & lifting things! :cry: Even the hospital just says " oh. it's chronic " and not to be paid attention to by thrm :cry:. My kidneys. my anemia, the CHF, hypertension, aching body :cry: ...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 8:13 pm

...I lost a post that I put a lot of trouble into... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

...Oh wait I djdn't :) . Nevermind :wink: .

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 8:47 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...My problem is so simply have no place to rest & get better! :cry: The shelter makes me roam around all day :cry: .I neither get enough sleep or e tough not walking around & lifting things! :cry: Even the hospital just says " oh. it's chronic " and not to be paid attention to by thrm :cry:. My kidneys. my anemia, the CHF, hypertension, aching body :cry: ...

Have you looked into getting a board and care place in your new location? Something like what you had in Patterson.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 10:10 pm

.Briefly, something that was more acceptable than Patterson could be alright - but I don't see that a back is all thst easily looked for.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 11:17 pm

Try starting with a search on Google. I did and it came up with a lot.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 1:43 am

Redrobin62 especially and others have googled and posted a mountain load of housing resources available in Santa Cruz and other cities in California over the years.

EDGAR_54
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2019, 8:25 am

Emergency Housing for Medical Emergencies
501 Soquel Ave., Suite E, Santa Cruz, CA 95062 (831) 457-0511

This program provides emergency shelter at hotels for homeless persons who are being released from the hospital. Usually social services at the hospital makes referrals. Ongoing help for people diagnosed with HIV/AIDS or other contagious disease is available from the County. Free.

https://localwiki.org/santacruz/The_Homeless

I found my contacts on the above link.

I remember how helpful RR was. I hope he's ok.

ASS_P have you made contact with any other the phone numbers? Did you have any luck?
I'm glad you're out of the hospital.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 4:55 pm

...Okay, I think a problem is that bacs don't ry deal with people calling up and asking about being admitted themselves. I think you have to be referred. Especially, frankly, someone of my econo.ic position/status. I think, briefly. something such as the last post really can only be set up after major hospital stays. FTM, even Patterson was set up by a hospital social worker. I pointed out that Patterson was not a " properly licenced , back
Someone above responded to that with the rqiobalent of , What did you expect. the Guide Michelin? ". The point was, it was not certified as following rules, with an authority over it.
I"m eating now. Pretzel cheesy joy dog bits + cheddar chrese
I"m not able to normally listen to music or watch TV. I can"t rest read non'lillhsgratef books outside of bright duight maybe. with weak eyes and no prescription hlasded. I can't readily cry output about my disappointments, no privacy :cry: , I am often in various amounts of pain with the wrong position :cry: , I can't get enough ready sleep or rest...but, by gum. I can :( pretty much always stuff myself! :skull:

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 9:46 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Okay, I think a problem is that bacs don't ry deal with people calling up and asking about being admitted themselves. I think you have to be referred. Especially, frankly, someone of my econo.ic position/status. I think, briefly. something such as the last post really can only be set up after major hospital stays. FTM, even Patterson was set up by a hospital social worker. I pointed out that Patterson was not a " properly licenced , back
Someone above responded to that with the rqiobalent of , What did you expect. the Guide Michelin? ". The point was, it was not certified as following rules, with an authority over it.
I"m not able to normally listen to music or watch TV. I can"t rest read non'lillhsgratef books outside of bright duight maybe. with weak eyes and no prescription hlasded. I can't readily cry output about my disappointments, no privacy :cry: , I am often in various amounts of pain with the wrong position :cry: , I can't get enough ready sleep or rest...but, by gum. I can :( pretty much always stuff myself! :skull:

I guess I must not understand how these places work. I think from previous posts you said that rooms don't come with a bathroom. That is kind of a bummer, but even I (as a girl) could work that so that I would not need to venture out of my space unless I needed a shower, or to go #2. I can and have peed in a Gatorade bottle and thrown it out the next day, without a drop spilled.
Aren't you able to just get into you SRO and bar the door? It seemed as though most of your previous problems are due to 'run ins' with other occupants. What if you avoided them and stayed to yourself? Why would you need to worry about it being certified if you stayed away from everyone?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:18 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

I guess I must not understand how these places work. I think from previous posts you said that rooms don't come with a bathroom. That is kind of a bummer, but even I (as a girl) could work that so that I would not need to venture out of my space unless I needed a shower, or to go #2. I can and have peed in a Gatorade bottle and thrown it out the next day, without a drop spilled.
Aren't you able to just get into you SRO and bar the door? It seemed as though most of your previous problems are due to 'run ins' with other occupants. What if you avoided them and stayed to yourself? Why would you need to worry about it being certified if you stayed away from everyone?

...I wad talking about board-and-cares, such as the Patterson thing, not STOs, which you are. I don"t think they exist here.
Noe am I'm getting s hit about using a plug to charge my phone in this Salvation Army shelter :cry: # (It'd 36% filled noe) SOB.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:26 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

...I wad talking about board-and-cares, such as the Patterson thing, not STOs, which you are. I don"t think they exist here.
Noe am I'm getting s hit about using a plug to charge my phone in this Salvation Army shelter :cry: # (It'd 36% filled noe) SOB.

Oh, ok. Well, good luck.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.