Why do these evil killers turn out to have autism?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 2:29 am

It is a hate site. It is the most passive-angriest thing I have ever read and it does a disservice to the autistic community. Just thinking about that garbage pushes all of my buttons and makes me not want to be on the f*****g autism spectrum at all. She makes it sound like all NTs are perfect and all autistics are malignant c***s that do not deserve a relationship. Why should I take her side?

What if I was abused by a black man and I wrote a site like that shaming all black people just because of a bad experience with this one black man? You wouldn't be on my side then. I would be called racist, and the site would probably be taken down or gone viral in an attempt to shame me as the author of the site.
But when it comes to autistics, it's OK to shame them because we all are unempathetic psychopaths that shouldn't be in relationships.

...even though I'm in a relationship with an NT man and he says I am the most understanding, trusting, sweetest, loving, caring and affectionate girl he's ever met, after being treated badly by NT women in the past.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 3:16 am

Joe90 wrote:
It is a hate site. It is the most passive-angriest thing I have ever read and it does a disservice to the autistic community. Just thinking about that garbage pushes all of my buttons and makes me not want to be on the f*****g autism spectrum at all. She makes it sound like all NTs are perfect and all autistics are malignant c**** that do not deserve a relationship. Why should I take her side?

What if I was abused by a black man and I wrote a site like that shaming all black people just because of a bad experience with this one black man? You wouldn't be on my side then. I would be called racist, and the site would probably be taken down or gone viral in an attempt to shame me as the author of the site.
But when it comes to autistics, it's OK to shame them because we all are unempathetic psychopaths that shouldn't be in relationships.

...even though I'm in a relationship with an NT man and he says I am the most understanding, trusting, sweetest, loving, caring and affectionate girl he's ever met, after being treated badly by NT women in the past.

We're not psychopaths, we just struggle with theory of mind and it can lead to frustrations in communication and with responses to certain situations. We can be difficult. We can be trying. So can everyone else, but we're often that way in a very stereotypical way. It can frustrate people and they're allowed to express that. And we can express how interacting with them is frustrating; and with each other. I'm willing to bet there's people on this board who occasionally infuriate you. Now imagine if you were forced to regularly interact with them in person, face-to-face. You'd want to vent. You'd post in The Haven. Well, some of those people have been putting up with people like that for years and need to blow off some steam. Who cares, they're rotten bloody c***s too.

Personally I'd prefer to be able to reduce the impact ASD has on me as a person, but since I can't, I accept it for what it is.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 5:59 am

It's OK to express frustrations in a forum but to have a whole website of pure overexaggerated and angry bias towards a whole group of people is just disgusting. Many people are going to stumble across that on Google they won't take it as opinion, but as fact. My brother has recently been diagnosed with ASD and is most probably looking up different stuff about autism on the internet (he spends a lot of time on the internet), and no doubt he'll stumble across that website. He's a very sensitive man and will probably take it to heart and actually believe that he is not worth a relationship.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 6:59 am

Joe90 wrote:
It's OK to express frustrations in a forum but to have a whole website of pure overexaggerated and angry bias towards a whole group of people is just disgusting. Many people are going to stumble across that on Google they won't take it as opinion, but as fact. My brother has recently been diagnosed with ASD and is most probably looking up different stuff about autism on the internet (he spends a lot of time on the internet), and no doubt he'll stumble across that website. He's a very sensitive man and will probably take it to heart and actually believe that he is not worth a relationship.

If someone says negative stuff and take it to the heart...

Why can't the opposite? Why not fight for your own integrity? Why not make it less relevant? Why are you so attached to the label while clearly expressing distress from it?
So the label you got has stigma. Does that make you a evil person? Are you? I don't think so.
And, do you think everyone else are with the same label? Is he/she? Are they? Am I??

The human mind... Likes it complicated :P it likes to look at the wrong and nasty stuff, as it wants to keep you 'safe', making one's 'sensitivity' a weak spot than a strength.
Therefore this post, this question and why taking toll of some people's minds -- I don't know beyond that, that's up to you.

If that's what your mind says, what does your heart say? Knowing you, along with the line of thinking, it's the opposite.
And, you're not alone with that line of thinking and feeling -- in fact, if any autistic comes across that statement they'd likely have the same lines of thinking and feeling -- most of them would rather prevent that, so most would worry as you do.

And since you care so much what others think -- who are those people to you?
Who are they to shame the whole just because a few did? Must you be so reliant on their judgment just because these people thinks it's the reality, therefore it's yours as well? Do you have to prove them wrong?
Have you checked on the mirror if that's even true or if there's even to prove at all?

If this post seems too incoherent and nonsensical, I won't blame you or anyone. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2019, 7:51 am

Serial killers like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Zodiac killer, BTK, Jeffrey Dahmer, Golden Bay Killer, Jack the Ripper, all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators like Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Chairman Mao all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators, Mass shooters and serial killers all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 9:52 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Serial killers like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Zodiac killer, BTK, Jeffrey Dahmer, Golden Bay Killer, Jack the Ripper, all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators like Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Chairman Mao all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators, Mass shooters and serial killers all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.

Are you a troll?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 10:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:

Are you a troll?

I hope so.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 10:50 am

Joe90 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:

Are you a troll?

I hope so.

Must be because I have no idea how anyone would be able to suggest Jack the Ripper had autism when info on him is already really limited.

Oh and I wanted to add Joe90 that as someone who went through a period where I was obsessed with True Crime I wanted to say that 1. Many serial killers (or murderers in general) are described as being charming and are very good manipulators. Many know just how to take advantage fo people and get them very well which doesn't seem very autistic to me and 2. Many people who end up doing those awful things had difficult lives. That is NOT me excusing what they did I am just stating that many had personal traumas and decided to react by making things worse for others. Abusers in general can do that and in the case with those who do have Aspergers maybe they personally were just more likely to respond that way and not us in general. There are all sort of other outside things that influence people.

Basically, there are many killers unfortunately and many will not have Aspergers and it is inevitable that some of them will. Sadly the media will then latch on to that and frame it as a reason because that gets interest. I don't think we are more likely but probably, when it happens, people pay more attention to it.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 10:54 am

Sandpiper wrote:
Maybe it's time more of us put ourselves out there in the spotlight. There are plenty of autistic people out there shouting loudly about how autism is their superpower, but there don't seem to be so many us just saying quietly, "Hey look, I'm autistic. I don't have a superpower. I'm really just rather ordinary and uninteresting actually. There are some things about the world that cause me problems but you really have nothing to fear from me".

A great point. Many will speak for you, if you don't speak for yourself.

Also, no news story on violence will ever start out, "In another example of human cruelty..." People have always looked for some way to rationalize evil and convince themselves they are not like people who do terrible things. People will move on from using autism as an excuse. We have no idea if autism will even be an active term in 50 years.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 10:55 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:

No one knows who Zodiac or Jack the Ripper were.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 1:14 pm

There's a thread somewhere here complaining about how the movie Rain Man disservices the autistic community, but I'd rather the savant stereotype than the killer stereotype.

I've become scared of my own disability now. What if all these serial killers and mass murderers WERE all on the spectrum and we have it in us? It is really panicking me. Why did Rainbow_Belle have to put that all of the worst people in history had Asperger's? Whether it's true or not, it has freaked me out. Of all the disabilities to be unlucky enough to be born with I had to be born with the s**t with the WORST stigma attached to it. :x

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 1:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
There's a thread somewhere here complaining about how the movie Rain Man disservices the autistic community, but I'd rather the savant stereotype than the killer stereotype.

I've become scared of my own disability now. What if all these serial killers and mass murderers WERE all on the spectrum and we have it in us? It is really panicking me. Why did Rainbow_Belle have to put that all of the worst people in history had Asperger's? Whether it's true or not, it has freaked me out. Of all the disabilities to be unlucky enough to be born with I had to be born with the s**t with the WORST stigma attached to it. :x

At least you don't have anti social personality disorder ??? (I know that's a rubbish bit of comfort but it's the only thing I can think of with worse stigma even though not every one of them is out to hurt people). Maybe try to focus on how Rainbow_Belle is incorrect for now and it might become comforting after some time and again, some of the figures they mentioned are incredibly charismatic and for multiple other reasons I REALLY doubt they are on the spectrum. Also maybe the bad people who are have comorbids that cause it. Many people on the spectrum are overly caring and attached to people, making a lot of us quite the opposite plus there's thing about how many of us tend to have a strong sense of justice. There is no reason to worry Joe but I understand and this is coming from someone who is a descendant of a criminal (not a killer but let me just tell you they most certainly are no being treated well in prison) who was at a point worried because I had that DNA. I hope you are able to feel less upset soon.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2019, 1:31 pm

Don't worry Joe90, as others have said there is no evidence that people on the spectrum are more likely to be killers than NTs.

Usually, those that are on the spectrum also have co-morbidities that increase the possibility that they might turn homicidal.

There's no stigma attached and you don't need to feel that way. After all, you get straight killers and gay killers, white killers and black killers, liberal killers and conservative killers, religious killers and atheistic ones, etc etc. They fall into every imaginable category.

Most sensible people won't stereotype us. The media is often to blame for these things because they love sensationalism which helps them sell more papers.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 1:37 pm

lvpin wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

At least you don't have anti social personality disorder ??? (I know that's a rubbish bit of comfort but it's the only thing I can think of with worse stigma even though not every one of them is out to hurt people). Maybe try to focus on how Rainbow_Belle is incorrect for now and it might become comforting after some time and again, some of the figures they mentioned are incredibly charismatic and for multiple other reasons I REALLY doubt they are on the spectrum. Also maybe the bad people who are have comorbids that cause it. Many people on the spectrum are overly caring and attached to people, making a lot of us quite the opposite plus there's thing about how many of us tend to have a strong sense of justice. There is no reason to worry Joe but I understand and this is coming from someone who is a descendant of a criminal (not a killer but let me just tell you they most certainly are no being treated well in prison) who was at a point worried because I had that DNA. I hope you are able to feel less upset soon.

I do like reading these reassuring posts (EDIT: and the post above) as being reassured does help me during a meltdown (this thread is a cyber-meltdown).
The way I see it if a killer is on the spectrum, the autism itself doesn't really cause them to commit such crimes, it's usually caused by a psychotic co-morbid or that they are just evil people whether they were born with autism or not. But it's not so much what I think, it's what the public think and how that can have an affect on us as a community if these serial killers/school shooters keep turning out to be autistic when their crime is announced on the news.
Personally I could never kill a person or an animal. I mean I get anxious and upset if I accidentally kill an insect. Heck, I even feel overwhelming empathy when destroying or throwing an object away because I think the object has the same feelings a human does. So me killing another person is just out of the question.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 1:42 pm

Most of the folks that were mentioned were not in the least autistic.

I know I’ve never, ever had a desire to kill someone—even when I’m at my angriest.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2019, 2:04 pm

I think you must be a fantastic person, Joe90. Remember the majority of us actually have more empathy than most. Many of us are a sensitive, emotional lot who can't bear to even watch movies featuring the concentration camps, or animal cruelty.

In fact my BF and I couldn't finish watching Life is Beautiful.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/