Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 9:09 pm

She was just a phase in your life.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 6:50 am

Marknis wrote:
She even once wanted me to drive her somewhere to meet her ‘sex friends’ ...

So sorry. That sounds similar to what happened in one of the Aspie memoirs I read (but it was about shopping and not sex). So sorry.

My friend had written me that he would always remember (does he?) that I told him I "couldn't be friends with him b/c he had no friends". I was channeling my mother. I hadn't ever known how to respond to her, and I passed it on. So sad.

I just wrote a list of "traumas" in response to an assessment question (I couldn't rightly answer in the moment). Rejection and exclusion is definitely on there. It also makes my chest tighten, especially the recent ones - oddly they didn't come to mind right away... What I learned? Some friends (and family) and some workplaces are BAD; I need to find the good ones. I want to use the "tightness" to move forward into something pleasant. Will I find it? Gonna try.

Wishing you find goodness.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 1:01 pm

SharonB wrote:
Marknis wrote:
She even once wanted me to drive her somewhere to meet her ‘sex friends’ ...

So sorry. That sounds similar to what happened in one of the Aspie memoirs I read (but it was about shopping and not sex). So sorry.

My friend had written me that he would always remember (does he?) that I told him I "couldn't be friends with him b/c he had no friends". I was channeling my mother. I hadn't ever known how to respond to her, and I passed it on. So sad.

I just wrote a list of "traumas" in response to an assessment question (I couldn't rightly answer in the moment). Rejection and exclusion is definitely on there. It also makes my chest tighten, especially the recent ones - oddly they didn't come to mind right away... What I learned? Some friends (and family) and some workplaces are BAD; I need to find the good ones. I want to use the "tightness" to move forward into something pleasant. Will I find it? Gonna try.

Wishing you find goodness.

You would think someone as sex positive as her would be willing to give a helping hand to someone who was struggling with even getting a coffee date or “fooling around” but she treated me no better than the rednecks and jocks.