Wrong planet is pro violence

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 11:07 pm

tl;dr don't post lies about people being violent here.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 11:10 pm

cberg wrote:

You made your point quite some time ago, if you cant be supportive in the Haven then dont post here.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 11:20 pm

cberg wrote:
I too have experienced violence & I'm a bit nauseated by being called violent.

I don't think OP has a clue what he's talking about anymore.

Then you either not been reading breads lately or ignoring them cause they posted by leftist. We just had two threads locked by mods for calling for violence.

“Trump voters are evil and so describes to be punched and attacked”

“ if you call the cops on someone for punching you p, then you’re a snitch”

“Is ok to punch a nazi(or really anyone we decide is a nazi)”

“That reporter had coming for being w conservative”

I would condem any one who goes around punching people who they think are liberal.
I’m often disgusted by some conservatism who laugh and are happy when leftist are killed, and relate them to being rats or other animals who need to be culled.

Violence isn’t only ok for self defense, and if everyone opposed violence as I do we wouldn’t need to defend our selfs. Assaulting people for their political beliefs or assumed political beleifes(based on how they look or dress, sounds like discrimination’ is wrong and shouldn’t be supported.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 11:24 pm

Amity wrote:
cberg wrote:

You made your point quite some time ago, if you cant be supportive in the Haven then dont post here.

He despises me to the core cause I voted trump and don’t support a leftist ideas and policies.
It doesn’t matter I supoort some.
He made false statement that I didn’t think Floyd was murdered.

Since the day I voted trump in 2016 I became enemy of the far leftist here. :cry:
But you don’t believe me about sweatleaf and others so I don’t expect you will now.

I never changed but their interactions with me did.

As someone told me they can’t attack trump so they attack me.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 11:27 pm

Perhaps you might reply to my response instead of speaking ill of someone who decided to leave you be?

Amity wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Amity wrote:
When we are triggered, we are hypervigilant, we see threats everywhere. It hijacks our brains and alters how we perceive things.

I know WP is left leaning, but I dont tend to discuss political issues generally and definitely not when I'm hypervigilant.
It's not that I dont want to btw, but I have to, like Isabella, put my health first.

Unfortunately the legacy issues that accompany the traumatic experiences mean that it becomes the victims responsibility to self care long term. Its best to not post in the argumentative forums.

I’m not triggered this attitude has been going on for weeks now and seen as perfectly acceptable behavior to just go assault those who disagree with the left.
How’s that any different then the brown shirts.
Amity I’m trying to be nice cause you maybe don’t know what’s going on but I’m nit seeing threats, the threats are clear enough some others have spoke out about them but not most. People are saying it’s ok to attack trump voters cause they evil and brought it on them selves. It’s ok to punch people who disagree with us and if they call cops their snitches.

So you have two choices, you can support violence and assault on people for their different opinions or you can condemn it. The choice is yours. But if it’s the first then I want nothing to do with it.
Do you think it’s fine to beat up and possible kill someone for voting for trump?
I don’t like many democrat politicians and I think Biden is horrible but I’d sooner give my life to protect a Biden voter then let someone assault them for voting for Biden.
No one deserves to be assaulted, violence isn’t ok. No one deserves to be harassed and slandered either.

Sorry Sly I didn't mean to say that you are imagining all these threats, more so that we see much more of them when we are hypervigilent than there really are, and the fight/flight response can be quite unhelpful.

Re violence, I'm more of a passive resistance type, Gandhi style. There are from my perspective always more than two choices.
Having experienced violence I can say that I abhor it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 2:45 am

You decided to be someone's enemy, most of us are leaving.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 2:52 am

There’s no reason to attack Amity...or Sly.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 2:52 am

There's no reason for sly attacking all of us.

What do I care? This is smear politics because OP feeds off the drama.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 2:56 am

I don't see any violent people here.

I'm expected to go to sleep & do nothing with this accusation being constantly leveraged against me?

No.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:04 am

Don’t listen to the dicks...that’s all.

Dicks come in both conservative and liberal flavors.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:08 am

The Haven is not the forum for personal gripes.

Using it in this way flies in the face of efforts made to make this a place for everyone.
An Autistic taking Autistic energy for granted is not very community minded.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:47 am

Wrong Planet as a site? I don't think so; that would mean that the rules and those in charge approve of violence. Some members might be pro violence, yes, though I haven't seen such a thing here, but that doesn't make the site pro violence. You see a post that shouldn't be allowed, report it. If nothing's done about it even after reporting, PM the mods to ask why that's the case.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:28 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Wrong Planet as a site? I don't think so; that would mean that the rules and those in charge approve of violence. Some members might be pro violence, yes, though I haven't seen such a thing here, but that doesn't make the site pro violence. You see a post that shouldn't be allowed, report it. If nothing's done about it even after reporting, PM the mods to ask why that's the case.

If the site ignores its rules against supporting violence then it supports violence.

Atleast some of the threads were closed, but the posts remain. Which is strange don’t you think?

The mods are left leaning, the people doing it are left leaning and talking about violence on centrist and right leaning people. So that’s why nothing happens.
If a right leaning person talked about supporting violence on left leaning people or thst violence against left leaning in people is justified and righteous, such post would be removed and person banned.

It’d be like going to another forum and seeing posts like “ autistics deserve time be beaten, they’re so strange.” “Punch an autistic”

It’s fine that people here don’t like trump or conservative ideas but that doesn’t make It ok to promote violence on them or attack and insult them. Wouldn’t you agree? Same goes for people who don’t like Biden or liberal ideas (not that I ever see any such posts)

There are people here doing it and most of them aren’t even Americans.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 5:03 am

A moderator locked the thread and publically stated that the comment was not OK. Always report personal attacks and give the mods time to check out the situation and respond.

That particular comment was very blatant, these things can usually be sorted out if the mods become aware of them.

I hope you feel a little better, sly :)

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 5:49 am

Whether a leftist encouraging and/or condoning violence towards a rightist or vice versa (there are thugs on both sides) both are totally unacceptable .

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 7:15 am

sly279 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

If the site ignores its rules against supporting violence then it supports violence.

Atleast some of the threads were closed, but the posts remain. Which is strange don’t you think?

It’s fine that people here don’t like trump or conservative ideas but that doesn’t make It ok to promote violence on them or attack and insult them. Wouldn’t you agree? Same goes for people who don’t like Biden or liberal ideas (not that I ever see any such posts)

Er no, if the site has rules that support violence, then it supports violence, but if there are posts that support violence, then it's not the site's fault but the particular members... and perhaps the mods if they know but do nothing about it, but it's not the site as a whole, excluding the sites where the very purpose is to attack some particular groups.

I don't know why the threads aren't deleted, but I have a few guesses:
a) They're there to remind people of what's not okay
b) If someone got banned or got a warning because of something that happened in those threads, it's better to keep them around in case the person thinks they were banned unfairly. Then he/she could go over the thread with a mod to see what exactly was the reason they got banned.
c) Some might see deleting lots of posts as censoring or as an out of sight, out of mind -tactic to cover up problems.

Yes, I agree. However, keep in mind that "attack" isn't a clear term in this case. What counts as attacking? If I say "I don't like Trump", is that an attack? I don't think so, but from my experience, some people seem to think so. I think it'd be important to see what kind of things people see as attacks and what as simply discussing the matter from the opposite ankle. People's opinions on these things tend to be different.