Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 11:03 pm

Not only have I lost my Mum and My Sister, I had to have my cat put to sleep the other day as she was just curled up in her basket for two days, I got the vet out and he said there was nothing more he could do for her.
He said for her to live for 16 years I must have done a good job looking after her.

I will get another rescue cat but I'm not ready to at the moment.
It's just awful not having her around and I just get upset with all that I've been going through.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 1:01 am

I hope your kitty didn’t feel any pain.

Yes, you took excellent care of her.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 1:08 am

all in good time, you two will meet again.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 2:19 am

Big dragon hugs. I can’t even imagine how awful so much loss is. Don’t feel like you have to get another cat right away, take as much time as you need to grieve. And don’t feel ashamed or anything about how long it takes, either - it just shows how very much you love your cat (won’t use past tense for this because the love never really leaves).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 3:36 am

Aww noo! Hugs...

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 4:10 am

This is a lot to have been through, so many losses, I am sorry that you are going through this AprilViolets.

I always think that those of us who love animals offer them a life that many other animals will never know, we do our part to make their lives with us as good as possible.
It's small consolation I know, but you can look back without regret in that regard.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2020, 3:50 pm

I'm so sorry! (((Hugs))) I lost my cat a little over a year ago and it still hurts.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 3:57 pm

I'm so sorry, AprilViolets. I still miss my first cat, and it has been more than 10 years. I am not a crying person, but I cried for days after she died. She was also an elderly cat and had lived a long time. There was nothing the vet could do. I didn't have her put to sleep. She just passed away one night. (((AprilViolets)))

I thought I would never get another cat, but after a few months I went to the shelter with my foster daughter and she picked out the next one. I knew she was missing a cat too.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 10:03 pm

Thank you all for your kind words.

cosine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jul 2020, 9:48 pm

i had to give up my only cat about 40 years ago because i was moving where i could not keep her. my old neighbor took her in for me. at least i know she was with someone that would give her good care. i didn't stay in contact so i don't know how she did. but the love remains, even though i know she has passed, just as the love remains for my parents and grandparents.

why to we say "took care of ..." when we give care? silly language.

i am so happy you gave great care to your cat!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 9:31 am

We just buried our aunt a few days ago.  No viewing.  Limited to 30 people.  Casket closed and on-site when we got there.  No hugging.  Lots of tears.  Lots of social distancing.  Service lasted 45 minutes, then everyone went home.  No traditional memorial dinner afterward.

It's hard to say "Good-Bye" for the last time.  Harder still when grief cannot be shared.

You have my sympathies, AV.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2020, 5:25 am

Fnord wrote:
We just buried our aunt a few days ago.  No viewing.  Limited to 30 people.  Casket closed and on-site when we got there.  No hugging.  Lots of tears.  Lots of social distancing.  Service lasted 45 minutes, then everyone went home.  No traditional memorial dinner afterward.

It's hard to say "Good-Bye" for the last time.  Harder still when grief cannot be shared.

You have my sympathies, AV.

Thank you Fnord My sister's Funeral was a small one, we were hoping to have a memorial for her but we're now in lockdown for six weeks so not sure when it can happen.
Sorry to hear about your Aunt I hope you can have a memorial for her later on.